Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Wasn't going to watch the game but I will now Delph is playing.

I think he will be the DM and will be asked to sit in front of the defence which we all know is not his strong point.

In turn he won't have a good game and will probably get slated by everyone.

If Roy's got any sense he will allow him to surge forward and make those driving runs but my guess is Wilshere will do all that.

It's a very weak line up and it's time for our new captain to stop being a shrinking violet and win the game for us.

He won't though so I'm just gonna enjoy seeing Fab out there

The slating doesn't really bother me because I know it's bollocks, it's the "surprise" of it all, itv just opened with it, lots of pundits on twitter with it

Who is he? How dare he replace chamberlain, he's a top 4 player don't you know!

Delph did more in 20 minutes vs Norway than wilshere and chamberlain managed in the previous 70, play the formation you want then pick the players that suit it best, don't shoe horn in the big names and make up a formation to suit them, I see Delph / wilshere / Henderson rotating, lots of movement, lots of energy

Finally Roy does something right and everyone is jumping on it, it's nonsense

• Like 1

Apparently Wilshere is sitting, interesting experiment but shows how weak we are in this area. Wilshere should keep us ticking reasonably well but he is no kind of defensive presence at all

At least it will allow Delph to play his normal game

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

Wish him the best of luck tonight. He deserves a chance given he is  regular starter for his club. Take note Jimmy Milner- if you don't play for your club, you should not play for your country. There is a argument for Barry to be in the squad but Hodgson is rightly giving the next generation a go.

Apparently Wilshere is sitting, interesting experiment but shows how weak we are in this area. Wilshere should keep us ticking reasonably well but he is no kind of defensive presence at all

At least it will allow Delph to play his normal game

i think thats the thing, wilshere sitting, henderson and delph both trying to read his game, he'll end up pushing forward at some point, 1 of those 2 has to read it and drop in, if that works then the midfield works, all those huge names over how many years that couldnt do it? if those 3 can play as a team then we'll be laughing, but the pundits want the names so dont expect the recognition no matter how well he does

Â