Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Well Barton did say he should of got MOM.

Have

For all of the fans that are happy Delph had a good game. You do realise this is the beginning of the end of his Villa career if he continues to play well for England?

I personally hope the haters get their way and he isn't a starter every game. Villa is more important than England for me.

Joey Barton slagging delph off after his yellow card saying he's a nailed on red and should be subbed before it's too late. Oh the irony!

He had a point though.
When did he get sent off?
Really?
He didn't have a point because that's how delph is, if he was a red waiting to happen he'd of been sent of numerous times in his career. He's never been sent off. Delph did nothing different tonight to his normal game and I'm glad.
Have

He'd of already subbed him.

For all of the fans that are happy Delph had a good game. You do realise this is the beginning of the end of his Villa career if he continues to play well for England?

I personally hope the haters get their way and he isn't a starter every game. Villa is more important than England for me.

Joey Barton slagging delph off after his yellow card saying he's a nailed on red and should be subbed before it's too late. Oh the irony!

He had a point though.
When did he get sent off?
Really?

He did two reckless challenges in the first few minutes so had to play the rest of the game on a yellow. If he was taken off at half time it would have been understandable.

So he did what he does every week for villa?

Who did get MOTM?..

Didnt see but must of been Wellbeck
Have, have FFS

Why does everyone seem to get this wrong in the past 2 years or so?

I think he'll sign a contract.... he's always said he owes the club for sticking by him with injuries etc. I know talk is cheap from footballers but I get the feeling from interviews he's quite a normal grounded lad really. Though, I could be completely wrong. 

Thought he was outstanding from the off.

Positive always looking to bring forward play into the game,  lively ,  pacey,  did not look out of place or ill at ease at all.

My man of the match.

• Like 1

Gave the ball away that could have led to a goal, which was just over-confidence. And I suppose he was guilty of 'over-enthusiasm' in the tackling, but then we're used to seeing that in him.

Apart from that, he was pretty damned good. Should have a bright England future.....and hopefully a Villa one.

Despite his age I think he deserves to be paid up there with Benteke, Vlaar & Gabby as the top earners at the club. He'll sign a new contract I'm sure, he knows if he's good enough next summer or summer after a top 4 club will come in for him. If he stays at Villa he can cement his England place

Despite his age I think he deserves to be paid up there with Benteke, Vlaar & Gabby as the top earners at the club. He'll sign a new contract I'm sure, he knows if he's good enough next summer or summer after a top 4 club will come in for him. If he stays at Villa he can cement his England place

Pretty sure he's already paid more than Benteke and Vlaar, he's one of the top earners at the club.

Pretty sure he's already paid more than Benteke and Vlaar, he's one of the top earners at the club.

I'm sure Benteke got a double wages when he signed his new contract and given he was £10 million to begin with I'd say he's on 70k per week. 

While Vlaar will also get a new contract which will put him up there on 50-60k per week I'd say. He's captain and our best defender. 

I think Delph will be up there with them after this new contract. I think given how long Gabby has been here he's on a big wage too. 

I'm sure Benteke got a double wages when he signed his new contract and given he was £10 million to begin with I'd say he's on 70k per week. 

While Vlaar will also get a new contract which will put him up there on 50-60k per week I'd say. He's captain and our best defender. 

I think Delph will be up there with them after this new contract. I think given how long Gabby has been here he's on a big wage too. 

£10m? Where on earth did you get that figure from? Pretty sure when Benteke signed he was probably on £20k or less a week.

Edited by samjp26

Fabian Delph vs Switzerland: 57 touches, 97% pass accuracy, 2 key passes, 2 dribbles, 2 tackles, 1 shot, 1 block, 1 foul. Yes, 1 foul!

Thats wrong then because he made a foul before his yellow which should have been a yellow but the ref told him its his last chance after 5 mins lol. Then the yellow came on 9

First tackle wasn't a foul, advantage played and used.

Â