Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

We're going to lose him :(

Yup. Liverpool love midfielders

Have faith fellas. We havent lost one of our star players for a few windows now against all the odds!

Delph is a favourite of Randy, and he has put it on record that he wants to stay and doesnt seem the scumbag type like Downing. Something must be going on behind the scenes, there just has to be :)

• Like 1

roy in his interview said something along the lines of we cant expect that the young players in their 1st couple of games, or even on their debut, wont be a bit naive or full of adrenaline and make a couple of rash decisions, but we have a couple of years to work on that

he was almost laughing as he said it, good stuff

personally i hope roy puts his arm round him and says the most important thing is you play every week, unfortunately he no doubt has an agent telling him he's good enough to play every week for man city...

• Like 1

We're going to lose him :(

Yup. Liverpool love midfielders
Have faith fellas. We havent lost one of our star players for a few windows now against all the odds!

Delph is a favourite of Randy, and he has put it on record that he wants to stay and doesnt seem the scumbag type like Downing. Something must be going on behind the scenes, there just has to be :)

How many star players have been in the last 9 months of their contract? :(

Wasn't the Fabian we know and love but he showed flashes, quick feet, those galloping runs with the ball and he got to see his favourite colour.

Still had a good game yellow must be soothing, felt he wasn't given the ball a couple of times when he should have but that might be my villa tinted glasses. In a villa shirt he would have hit that half volley first time and he would have crunched Bahrami just for his hair cut.

For all of the fans that are happy Delph had a good game. You do realise this is the beginning of the end of his Villa career if he continues to play well for England?

I personally hope the haters get their way and he isn't a starter every game. Villa is more important than England for me.

Joey Barton slagging delph off after his yellow card saying he's a nailed on red and should be subbed before it's too late. Oh the irony!

He had a point though.
When did he get sent off?
Really?

He did two reckless challenges in the first few minutes so had to play the rest of the game on a yellow. If he was taken off at half time it would have been understandable.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

For all of the fans that are happy Delph had a good game. You do realise this is the beginning of the end of his Villa career if he continues to play well for England?

I personally hope the haters get their way and he isn't a starter every game. Villa is more important than England for me.

Joey Barton slagging delph off after his yellow card saying he's a nailed on red and should be subbed before it's too late. Oh the irony!

He had a point though.
Really?

He didn't have a point because that's how delph is, if he was a red waiting to happen he'd of been sent of numerous times in his career. He's never been sent off. Delph did nothing different tonight to his normal game and I'm glad.

Well Barton did say he should of got MOM.

He'd of already subbed him.

He had a point though.
Really?

He did two reckless challenges in the first few minutes so had to play the rest of the game on a yellow. If he was taken off at half time it would have been understandable.

So he did what he does every week for villa?

i dunno, i think the prem is littered with players who made the england breakthrough and then made a wrong move, unfortunately i still like to believe that some footballers out there enjoy playing football a bit more than they enjoy the money, however they do of course get advised by people who arent interested in them playing

add to that i think realistically everton and maybe liverpool might want him but other than that, spurs, city, arsenal, utd, cant see it myself, if he left us for say newcastle id be gutted

One miss timed tackle and he was off. Had that happened Hodgson would have got slaughtered for not taking him off.

Like I said no different to what he does every week but the card seems to settle him down. I just felt like I was watching him play for villa, didn't do anything different.

Â