Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I think it's fair to say now that he's another O'Neill success story. There weren't that many individually, so credit where it's due.

He looks great as a wide midfielder, he has that little bit more freedom to open up his stride and cut past people.

Lambert success story.

Yes, this.

It's Lambert and his team who have come up with the training schedule to keep him fit, get him in a position where he's comfortable and played a way to suit him.

• Like 1

I think it's fair to say now that he's another O'Neill success story. There weren't that many individually, so credit where it's due.

He looks great as a wide midfielder, he has that little bit more freedom to open up his stride and cut past people.

Lambert success story.

Yes, this.

It's Lambert and his team who have come up with the training schedule to keep him fit, get him in a position where he's comfortable and played a way to suit him.

He also looks the happiest he's ever looked playing football. He plays with an enthusiasm which must rub off on other players.

Delph's revitalisation is nothing to do with O'Neill. Delph's first full season (well, 24 league games) came under Lambert. He'd only managed 26 league games in the 3 years prior due to injury.

Kudos to Lambert for sticking with him and it's paying off greatly.

Only got 1 year left on his contract in the summer.  Think HH said he was on 55k p/w so I'm wondering what kinda wages we will offer him when we look to extend his contract.  I'd happily offer him the 55k p/w with a 5 year deal as he is gonna be a big part of our future judging by his performances over the past year.

He has really stepped it up this year. I'm really happy for him (and us!) that he's got over those two horrible injuries and is fulfilling his potential. He's now our best midfielder by some distance and if we ever want to compete in the right half of the table again, we need to make sure we extend his contract this summer, regardless of his 'high' wage. He's worth the 55k a week in my opinion. Although that is incredibly easy to say when it's not my money...

Â