Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

keeps over-hitting his through passes.

I guess that's why he used to only ever pass backwards, because if the pass missed its target it would go back to Guzan...

epic tackle though. no way that was a foul.

problem with getting into England team, he's missing some short and relatively easy passes, wasting a potential opportunity to create a goalscoring chance.

not on the Olympic bowls team.

The thing that impressed me about him yesterday was his desire and his drive, if some of the other players could of put in the same effort then we would of made a much better game of it.  Thought he was top class in the first half especially.

problem with getting into England team, he's missing some short and relatively easy passes, wasting a potential opportunity to create a goalscoring chance.

I'd say that makes him just about a perfect fit then.

He never seems to look up before he gets the ball. Ever seen him play a quality first time pass?

Ever seen him take one touch and then play a quality pass?

I haven't. At least I can't remember it.

Having said that he has had a good season so far, goals and working wise.

Really poor mistake for their second goal, god knows what he was thinking. I reckon sometimes he just tries too hard to make an impact, he could of let that ball be cleared but instead he wanted to take control of the situation when there was really no need to do so.

• Like 1

No where near England quality. His final ball is absolutely not good enough. His general passing can be extremely poor. You could see he was going to have a bad game today after about 10 minutes, he looked a bit distracted and behind the pace of the game. He had a glorious chance to thread Gabby through early on and completely over hit it. If he could come up with more goals and assists he'd have a chance at England, but he's not good enough at the minute that's for sure. 

Very poor game today from Fabian. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â