Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He needs to look up more and sometimes just clear it instead of maneuvering his way out. He got caught out by Nolan, and I'm sure it's happened before.

I'm sure it has happened a few times before and very recenty as well.

Arsenals second at Villa park was a carbon copy of West Hams second yesterday with Delph caught on the ball in a dangerous position and I'm sure there was another goal from him doing that recently.

He's our most dangerous player going forwards by a million miles.

If he decides he wants to leave in the summer, we are in trouble.

If Vlaar decides to leave in the summer, we are in trouble.

Delph could be replaced.

Could he? It's the other way around in my opinion.

Delph is overrated on these boards. He stands out in a very poor midfield. Not enough assists or goals. His defensive work isnt the greatest either. Superb skills on the ball. Has improved loads this season.. but he has a long way to go before hes irreplaceable.

Delph is overrated on these boards. He stands out in a very poor midfield. Not enough assists or goals. His defensive work isnt the greatest either. Superb skills on the ball. Has improved loads this season.. but he has a long way to go before hes irreplaceable.

He shouldn't need to get goals or assists, that isn't his game.

He needs a proper role though, go and ask Delph what his job is in our team and I reckon he would struggle to answer it. You don't have Oscar playing holding midfielder for Chelsea or Mikel as a box to box player, we need players around Delph that can compliment him and let him focus on doing certain things. I said earlier he is having to try and do everything and being just okay at it, where as he needs to focus on certain aspects and become brilliant.

This is what makes me question Lambert as a manager as I dont think he knows what he's doing. How would I help Delph? Get a proper DM/Tackler in and then the much needed no.10, attacking flair player.

I think Delph is much like Ramires, same kind of build, both pretty quick, good tackle and tracking but aren't as good at passing/shooting. Problem is he has KEA and Westwood next to them, and I dont know what their roles are either. It must be the most unbalanced midfield in the league.

• Like 1

He needs to look up more and sometimes just clear it instead of maneuvering his way out. He got caught out by Nolan, and I'm sure it's happened before.

I'm sure it has happened a few times before and very recenty as well.

Arsenals second at Villa park was a carbon copy of West Hams second yesterday with Delph caught on the ball in a dangerous position and I'm sure there was another goal from him doing that recently.

.......is he trying to do other players work ? just a thought....he looks over worked to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Such a mixed performance.  Gave a lot of energy, instigated some nice possession football with Bertrand especially but then still contrived to give the ball away by fannying about.

If he cut that out, he'd be a good midfielder!

I put him as my man of the match today against Norwich. His block against Hoolahan and then creating the cross for the OG were fantastic. He was always looking to express himself rather than take the simple safe option and always had energy. 

One isolated incident? You are trying to make out he is not good with the ball, do you actually know what you are talking about at times. He has great feet and has showed it numerous times this season. The way your making out is that he could never actually control a football.

I'm sorry I disagree. I think he contributes very little on the ball. I'm not trying to make out he is a complete clogger but I don't think he is very good in his footballing ability either. In fact, I'm not the only one that thinks this anyway so perhaps you can refrain from your usual pathetic snideness like 'do you actually know what you are talking about' just because somebody doesn't share your view on something:

Same Delph that can't pick a pass to save his life?

I love Delph but highly overrated here just because he can skin someone every now and then and bang in an odd goal.

He struggled in the same role because he doesn't immediately know where his next pass is going to go. Spends far too much time on the ball thinking.

He just has no touch or finesse. He's great dribbling, but when it comes to passing he only hits it one speed.

He can't pass for shit. He's good on the ball and powering forward though.

Really needs to learn how to pass.

No where near England quality. His final ball is absolutely not good enough. His general passing can be extremely poor.

There are more but I just posted the first few I saw. As you can see, his lack of footballing ability has been picked up by others as well.

I've seen Delph take some great touches to get by players and some great first touches taking the ball down.

I've also seen him mishit a simple 5 yard pass and dawdle on the ball because he didn't know where to go immediately. He needs to get better in those aspects of the game.

Â