Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He's had a few other shots go close recently, I think he's starting to get his confidence back on that front.

I dont think he'll go on a Ramsey type run but I can see him getting us some really valuable goals between now and then end of the season

Edited by villaglint

Still trues to do too much and usually ends up over running it. Mind you I'm not surprised he doesn't want to pass to our other midfielders.

He does but he often gets the ball too deep. Therefore has to go on a fair run, ends up over running but is the only one who can breakthrough. I would like to see him picking up the ball forward when possible - if he can do he trickery in their half rather than ours he could be a real winner.

Didn't Delph play as a right sided attacking midfielder for Leeds? Did very well there I think I recall, so maybe his better position is being out wide and more attacking.

No, he played as he is now left central/wide

Edited by Houlston

I have been shouting about pushing Delph further up the pitch since I saw him play in my first visit to Villa Park. We can discuss this all day long and many of you guys on VT would be against it and start talking about it being a stupid decision. Bringing in a DM would really give Delph the opportunity to play further up and score more goals, maybe not as sexy as his goal yesterday still!

Didn't Delph play as a right sided attacking midfielder for Leeds? Did very well there I think I recall, so maybe his better position is being out wide and more attacking.

Maybe... but then did you see the ball he "put in" for Benteke/Weimann after he won it off the West Brom player?

uDNqsKs.gif

Really are starting to see what all the hype was about for all those years. Very good player and he seems to be getting better. I just love to think what he'd be like with 2 proper midfielders in there with him.

• Like 2

I think it's fair to say now that he's another O'Neill success story. There weren't that many individually, so credit where it's due.

He looks great as a wide midfielder, he has that little bit more freedom to open up his stride and cut past people.

Lambert success story.

• Like 1

Â