Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Delph is by far my favourite Villa player. Amazes me a couple of times each game by taking the ball off someone on the other team, turning out of about 3 tackles and setting up an attack.

Also loved it against Fulham where Berbatov thought he was amazing until Delph kept on taking the ball off him then doing something even more skillful. 

Fantastic player.

• Like 1

End of season new contract negotiations.

Delph finishes season on 2 goals, 2 assists. (Currently 1 goal, 1 assist).

Let's say the rumour is true that he is currently on 55k.

We won't offer another 55k deal for Delph (more than we're paying Benteke and Guzan).

What's he worth?

Let's say Villa bid 25k

Newcastle offers 40k.

What does Delph do? He goes to Newcastle. We get ~ £8 million.

Due to his injury, he owes us another season of form out of that contract anyway ;)

I love his feet and I love his energy, but no way on earth has he justified that wage.

If we are going to keep this wage structure, we could certainly get two new players in for a combined 55k a week, one could provide the goal, the other the assist. 

So in response to your hypothetical, if Newcastle offer 40k, we should offer 41k :)

Edited by Laursen&Mellberg

End of season new contract negotiations.

Delph finishes season on 2 goals, 2 assists. (Currently 1 goal, 1 assist).

Let's say the rumour is true that he is currently on 55k.

We won't offer another 55k deal for Delph (more than we're paying Benteke and Guzan).

What's he worth?

Let's say Villa bid 25k

Newcastle offers 40k.

What does Delph do? He goes to Newcastle. We get ~ £8 million.

It sure would be strange giving him 55k and then offering 25k three years later when he had improved so much

But surely if Delph continues to improve he will receive a similar contract

he might not want to stay, i want him to obviously but in the current worsening climate of shit football played by us he has actually started to go backwards as well.

Edited by VillanousOne

First off for some reason I like Delph but I don't think that he is good enough. He does show glimpses of brilliance but it's all to rare, maybe it's the roll he plays for us or just the rubbish that is Westwood, KEA, Tonev, Weiman, Luna, Lowton, Kozak etc that he feels he needs to take on the world and fail.

If Newcastle were bid 8m then I'd bite their hand off except for one thing, Lambert as I just know he would replace him with a cheaper low league player.

I wonder what the chances are that if we give him a fat new contract he will go backwards next season

I think he has already gone backwards this season.

And if he is already on 55k, which I find hard to believe, that would be a ridiculous situation, as he is not worth that sort of money.

He may well be another high earner joining the bomb squad in order to comply with our wage structure.

He is the best of our midfielders in my opinion, but I do not think he is anything more than adequate, and in order to progress we will have to bring in better.

Â