Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He is good enough for England.

No he isn't. He's only just good enough for the Premier League

If that was the case, we'd have very very few players good enough for the premier league, and we'd be bottom.

Huge overreaction from one mistake.

He shouldn't need to be the person that is box to box, defensive mid and responsible for trying to create stuff. If he had someone next to him with some quality the burden wouldn't all fall on him.

Agreed.I reckon he's having to do too much.He always seems to be all round the pitch,maybe cos he has to.

Him & Westwood would be more effective if they had a proper defensive midfielder playing with them.

Perhaps they should be the defensive midfield as they play in the middle of the pitch and they scored 6 goals between them for the Villa?! Delph has been mostly good this season but he faffed about for the second goal on Saturday,

Him & Westwood would be more effective if they had a proper defensive midfielder playing with them.

Perhaps they should be the defensive midfield as they play in the middle of the pitch and they scored 6 goals between them for the Villa?! Delph has been mostly good this season but he faffed about for the second goal on Saturday,

They should be but they're shit at it.

He just has no touch or finesse. He's great dribbling, but when it comes to passing he only hits it one speed. For instance, in the first half there was a through ball for Gabby open and he hit it on the right path but way to hard, without anything close to the correct weight. And he does this a lot. If he could develop some touch he would be amazing.

To be fair, I don't remember the last time we had a through ball that wasn't on the counter for anyone on the team.

Westwood to Gabby at Norwich last year I think?

Yeah I think you're right. This one wasn't a through ball as in between two defenders though, he was out in space somewhat between the cb and a wide midfielder and had room to slip it into gabby out wide in space, and just way over hit it. It wasn't an extremely difficult through ball is what I'm trying to say, in fact it was similar to the one Westwood played for Gabby in the Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge earlier this year that led to an assist.

To be fair, I don't remember the last time we had a through ball that wasn't on the counter for anyone on the team.

Westwood to Gabby at Norwich last year I think?

What about Benteke against Everton in the first half at home?

I would agree with that. The defence gets poor cover from the midfield and has done for years. I think we would best playing 5-4-1 with a midfield three including Delph and Westwood.

Delph has been excellent this season but he got caught out on Saturday through over confidence. As other posters have said his passing needs work, when its forward it often tends to be too hard and over ambitious. I think it they could clearly decide roles along with a DM I think we would see a much better Westwood. He is, IMO, our most intelligent player but at the moment he struggles to work effectively with Delph and has to cover the mistakes Lowton makes on a regular basis.

Â