Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

12 minutes ago, choffer said:

4 degrees outside, clear blue skies, proper bite in the air. What a day to be alive :)

I love winter weather like that.

It's when it's rainy and windy (so 90% of the time in a British Winter) that I can't stand it

13 minutes ago, choffer said:

4 degrees outside, clear blue skies, proper bite in the air. What a day to be alive :)

I still miss German Januarys, poncing about in a Woolrich parka and sunglasses.  The snow would belt down for a couple of days, then the sky would clear and we'd get -15C and blazing sunshine for a couple of days.  Awesome.

• Like 2

what makes you guys think @Baselayers wasn’t JJ?

If she still posted here, I could prove it easily. I met her once in real life when she very kindly came to my assistance on a mountain, and then shared a few drinks with her and her friends in a bar afterwards. A few details and I could corroborate the story!

Did the Villa come up in conversation? :P

I remember being curious ages ago, and while she's very active on Twitter and follows huge numbers of people in sport, the Bristol City men and women's teams and players, all sorts of TV shows, comedians and random people on the internet, there's not a single Villa related account.

In fact if you try to find anything to do with Villa dn JJ, Villatalk is all that pops up. Elaborate hoax, I think!

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

what makes you guys think @Baselayers wasn’t JJ?

If she still posted here, I could prove it easily. I met her once in real life when she very kindly came to my assistance on a mountain, and then shared a few drinks with her and her friends in a bar afterwards. A few details and I could corroborate the story!

There were plenty of signs but I don't want to Post on Poster so I can't really say. PM me if you like.

I'm not 100%, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't Jenny Jones.

Edited by Stevo985

On 28/11/2017 at 14:27, Stevo985 said:

Of course it wasn’t. 

On 28/11/2017 at 13:49, Paddywhack said:

I'm still in the first stage of grief, I simply don't believe it.

All the photos in rogues gallery? Someone just stole them off her twitter did they? Likely story.

Plus she was on here way before the Winter Olympics, how do you explain that one?

On 28/11/2017 at 12:22, Stevo985 said:

Spoiler alert: you didn’t know Jenny Jones

WTF?   Since when? 

How?  Who? What?

What is going on!

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

WTF?   Since when? 

How?  Who? What?

What is going on!

I'm at the bargaining stage now. I believe it was her but then she started to pay somebody else to run her account because she no longer had the time to do it.

VillaAjax is yo man. 

Or at least, they had an absolutely uncanny knack of not posting for ages, then coming back, then going, then coming back and finally going again. 

That's who I always thought it was after the initial stuff anyway.  But quite rightly, it's a strange thing considering JJ wasn't "famous" or well known when "she" first started posting. 

That said, I'm almost certain one of the Mods said that based on private conversations, she was genuine.. 

But I'm still 90% sure it wasn't her, I'm 80% sure about that. 

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

VillaAjax is yo man. 

Or at least, they had an absolutely uncanny knack of not posting for ages, then coming back, then going, then coming back and finally going again. 

That's who I always thought it was after the initial stuff anyway.  But quite rightly, it's a strange thing considering JJ wasn't "famous" or well known when "she" first started posting. 

That said, I'm almost certain one of the Mods said that based on private conversations, she was genuine.. 

But I'm still 90% sure it wasn't her, I'm 80% sure about that. 

JJ was certainly famous in a lot of circles when she started posting here. She was a gold medal winner in the X Games. Whilst that isn't a very well known thing to be in the UK, it would only take even a casual interest in those sports to  know who she was. I think she was the first ever british gold medallist at the X Games.

Edited by Stevo985

Just now, Stevo985 said:

JJ was certainly famous in a lot of circles when she started posting here. She was a gold medal winner in the X Games. Whilst that isn't a very well known thing to be in the UK, it would only take even a casual interest in those sports to  know who she was. I think she was the first ever british gold medallist at the X Games.

Yea that's true.  But she wasn't "Olympic famous" yet. 

• Like 1

Â