Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

37602031374_a5c19447c9_n.jpg

been packing fudge this evening

What is it with you lately?   We're soon going to need a Kenneth Williams emoticon added to the reaction button palette just for your posts!

• Like 2

Could go in multiple threads but here is best placed :)

I am very happy to announce that Nigel Farage has now withdrawn his false claim that HOPE not hate is a “violent and undemocratic” organisation and has promised never to repeat it.

This is a massive victory for HOPE not hate and the 16,432 people who donated to us to make this possible.

HOPE not hate took action against the former UKIP leader for the unacceptable comments he made on his LBC radio show on 20 December last year.

Responding to a Twitter exchange with Jo Cox’s widower, Brendan Cox, he told 600,000 LBC listeners:

“Yes, well of course he would know more about extremists than me, Mr Cox. He backs organisations like Hope Not Hate, who masquerade as being lovely and peaceful, but actually pursue violent and very undemocratic means.”

Within minutes of making this statement, Farage’s comments were being taken up and spread by the media. His statement was also taken up enthusiastically by his supporters on social media. Both HOPE not hate, and myself personally, received a barrage of abuse and threats.

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/2017/11/14/hope-not-hate-wins/

• Like 4

Having a day off during the week. Small things, but I had a lovely old time in town without any fear of being swamped by weekend shoppers. 2 hours in a coffee shop catching up on a bit of reading, a leisurely browse through waterstones - then a midday cinema experience - no ninnys anywhere - before a glass of wine pre-the office rush before heading home. Marvellous, and reminds me how envious I am of my sister who's just started Uni this term. So much flexible free time!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Having a day off during the week. Small things, but I had a lovely old time in town without any fear of being swamped by weekend shoppers. 2 hours in a coffee shop catching up on a bit of reading, a leisurely browse through waterstones - then a midday cinema experience - no ninnys anywhere - before a glass of wine pre-the office rush before heading home. Marvellous, and reminds me how envious I am of my sister who's just started Uni this term. So much flexible free time!

One of the reasons I love my current job's finishing time on a Friday of midday.

It's only a couple of hours, but I can be in Birmingham by 1pm and have a couple of hours doing whatever needs to be done before popping back home before the rush.

Yep, it's great, and I hope more moves towards flexible working accelerate. T

I always feel I was spoilt in my first job after uni. Flexitime with the only proviso that there was "enough people" during core hours, not all of us in, which tended to work out fine anyway as there were always those preferring early or late starts. Used to love getting in for 6ish and being all done by half 2. Or stacking up the extra time for "free" days off.  Definitely miss that.

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I get a day off every two weeks by working an extra 45 minutes everyday. I've had it for about 8 years now, it's wonderful.

I think i might prefer to finish earlier every day, would be nice to have the option though.

8 hours ago, Rodders said:

Yep, it's great, and I hope more moves towards flexible working accelerate.

Flexible working is great but there are many jobs/sectors it just doesn't work in unfortunately

I tend to work from home 1/2 days a week which is great for me as can get jobs done / parcels delivered etc 

7 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

I think i might prefer to finish earlier every day, would be nice to have the option though.

They tried to get rid of it years ago, but they couldn’t for some reason so they just stopped offering it to new starters.

5 or 6 years later and there’s only a handful of us left that have flex days. So now, if I get rid of it I can’t get it back.

And that’s my boring story for you, I’m not sure why I’ve told you this :lol:

• Thanks 1

This is the hilarious moment James O'Brien told a joke about the Greggs' Sausage Roll Nativity - and a caller told him off for it.

James asked for listeners to call if they were genuinely upset by the Greggs' Christmas advert in which the baby Jesus was replaced by a sausage roll.

Marion called to say that she loves the nativity play and felt the baker's advert completely undermined it.

But James had a brilliant bit of wordplay to change Marion's mind.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obrien-infuriates-caller-greggs-jesus-joke/

God people are stupid

Â