Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

49 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

Brexit 

For the Baftas everyone should vote for Brexit as the best original comedy series.  I don't think anyone could write it as it is a little unbelievable but getting May and Boris on stage togehter accepting the award is the least they deserve ?

This should become a thing.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I've been pretty good with my weight over the last 4 months or so but haven't weighed myself. Felt way slimmer but didn't weigh myself. I lost a stone and half -_-

Good work!

I’ve lost about 18 kg since mid summer, gone from very much out of shape to feeling as physically fit as I was at 18 and still played football five times a week. I play coy about it, but every little comment cheers me up. 

36 minutes ago, Xann said:

Is it going to yoyo a bit over Christmas? :)

Almost definitely :)

22 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Good work!

I’ve lost about 18 kg since mid summer, gone from very much out of shape to feeling as physically fit as I was at 18 and still played football five times a week. I play coy about it, but every little comment cheers me up. 

Yeah I'm around 10kg down, in a healthy weight range. (I had just slipped into overweight which was a bit of an eye opener) I'd like to lose another 3-5.

Well done to you as well!

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Haha 1

Sanctimonious arsehole Bob Geldof 'disgusted'.

http://www.thejournal.ie/bob-geldof-disgusted-dublin-freedom-3751784-Dec2017/

BOB GELDOF HAS  said he is “absolutely disgusted” that Dublin City Council voted to expunge his name from the Roll of Honorary Freemen of the city after he publicly handed back the award last month.

Geldof drew media attention across Ireland and the UK when he visited City Hall in November to hand back his award as part of a “PR stunt” to have the honour stripped from Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi over the treatment of the Rohingya muslims in Myanmar.

“I’m here to hand back the Freedom of the City of Dublin, which I don’t want to do because it means a lot me. I don’t want to be grandstanding either but it’s a small personal gesture,” the Boomtown Rats frontman said to the assembled media at the time.

Last night, following a lengthy debate, the council voted to strip Suu Kyi of her award and also to accept Geldof’s back. It was only the second and third time a name has been removed from the roll.

In a message to RTÉ’s Liveline today the musician said he is “absolutely disgusted with what happened last night”.

That I've managed to make it to (apparently) the third test without even realising the Ashes were taking place.

Hopefully one day I'll realise my dream of the entire event passing me by without me noticing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That I've managed to make it to (apparently) the third test without even realising the Ashes were taking place.

Hopefully one day I'll realise my dream of the entire event passing me by without me noticing.

I'm aware of it, in the same way that I am aware of Strictly and Bakeoff. Same degree of involvement. 

14 hours ago, Rodders said:

boooooo. cricket is excellent, even ehen england aewe shite.

red wine. selection at staff do were first class. :thumb:

Don't bite dude. If someone can't experience the joy of leather on willow, that's their problem.

• Like 2

Â