Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

It would if you couldn't get the door open to get in!

I don't know... at York train station the other week i'd have done it on the platform or in a sink! :D

21 hours ago, Seat68 said:

You know there are people in on topic with tens of thousands of posts and I have never heard of them, essentially a newbie because they don't post on off topic. Bloody newbies.

Rookie error on their part really,  introduce yourself in off topic or we cant talk about them. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

VT is the only thing I go on online, that I'm not utterly ashamed to tell people I go on.. and I'm still somewhat ashamed when I tell them. 

In fact, it's got the point where, if someone brings something up in conversation, and I've seen something relative to it on VT, I'll say "Yea, I know a guy/friend etc that's done that" (or something). 

And people are immediately suspicious because you have no friends?

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Living in Vancouver, something I hadn't accounted for was being in a different timezone to VT.  I was 8 hours behind, so when I got home from work VT was dead to the world.  I could read and catch up but not be part of the conversation.  I really missed it.

It's been a huge part of my life for so long, VT.  So much has changed in the nearly 15 years I've been a member.  I was NurembergVillan for a reason, but it's now 10 years since I left.  As I've moved from city to city, country to country, I've built a large network of friends but always leave them behind - relying on Facebook to keep in touch.  My friends on VT have always been virtual, so they've always been there.

When I can afford it, I'm going to put on a massive VT party somewhere nice.  All members are invited, and the 1992-93 season review will be played on a loop on the main big screen while we drink beer, eat curry, and those who want to can snort coke in the bogs (if you get caught you're on your own).  There will be a secondary big screen that will scroll through the GIFs thread.  We will hold a minute's silence for our fallen members, a recording of Holte Enders In The Sky playing in the background.

@limpid will be required to wear a crown at all times.  There will be a pub quiz - @mjmooney on one team, and everyone else on the other.  @Risso will be letting everyone have a go in his Ferrari (Ferraresi Edition).  

Steve Bruce will be guest of honour.  Buffet will be served about an hour before he's due to arrive, just in case.

Just invite me, I'm better than all the other schlubs here anyway.  We can talk about lots of things like dancing, hamsters, seat belt legislation, interest rate rises, veganism, sex robots, haiku poetry, why Bob Marley should have used synths, why Dyson hovers break a week after their warranties finish (also Iphones), we can compare our favourite emoji, what's the biggest chip/fry you've ever found in the bottom of a McDonald's bag, how many litres of Coke vs Pepsi you've ever drank, why the moon is such bollocks, how come starving kids in Africa still look fat, why a tick sign is like it is, how come pens never run out when I use them, why any nice felt tip pens I've ever had have always broken easily, how post codes were assigned, why A3 is definitely better then A4, your favourite coin, how much wire is there in Botswana and why do they need it, if sand is so great why does it always stick to your feet when it's time to go home and put your sock on, why does my coat pocket always have so much **** lint in it, why I think I could honestly land safely wearing one of those wing suits without a parachute, have you ever seen a dog fight, why the racoons tv show got cancelled, why the Dr's all have those weird dog toys from the 90s, how many shoes can you wear at one time and lastly, how many jonnies would it take to fill up using the water from the hoover dam. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I remember claiming to several people at work that I knew Jenny Jones the day she won her medal.

They asked how. I realised I didn't know Jenny Jones and that I was about to make a fool myself.

"Like, the internet and that..."

Joe Lolley? Yeah I know him... sort of. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

They asked how. I realised I didn't know Jenny Jones and that I was about to make a fool myself.

"Like, the internet and that..."

Shame it was just a bloke with long hair :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Living in Vancouver, something I hadn't accounted for was being in a different timezone to VT.  I was 8 hours behind, so when I got home from work VT was dead to the world.  I could read and catch up but not be part of the conversation.  I really missed it.

It's been a huge part of my life for so long, VT.  So much has changed in the nearly 15 years I've been a member.  I was NurembergVillan for a reason, but it's now 10 years since I left.  As I've moved from city to city, country to country, I've built a large network of friends but always leave them behind - relying on Facebook to keep in touch.  My friends on VT have always been virtual, so they've always been there.

When I can afford it, I'm going to put on a massive VT party somewhere nice.  All members are invited, and the 1992-93 season review will be played on a loop on the main big screen while we drink beer, eat curry, and those who want to can snort coke in the bogs (if you get caught you're on your own).  There will be a secondary big screen that will scroll through the GIFs thread.  We will hold a minute's silence for our fallen members, a recording of Holte Enders In The Sky playing in the background.

@limpid will be required to wear a crown at all times.  There will be a pub quiz - @mjmooney on one team, and everyone else on the other.  @Risso will be letting everyone have a go in his Ferrari (Ferraresi Edition).  

Steve Bruce will be guest of honour.  Buffet will be served about an hour before he's due to arrive, just in case.

It's been far too long.  Now we're all back on the same land mass we should organise something soon.

• Like 1

Â