The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

We may need to start preparing for his replacement.

I do not think that he will be one to stay in the summer.

Everyone thought that last summer too. Let's wait and see if he can help us get 6th or better first.

9 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

We can't even find a decent pair of full backs....so I wouldn't hold your breath on replacing him.

Gidman, Gibson,Shaw, Little, Cowans, Barry, Yorke, Grealish....we have to breed them or buy them as youngsters....that's our only hope.

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wonder if he is still pencilled in for a return Friday? 

*praying*🙏

Smith said he had had a scan on Saturday and he was "running now" in his press conference. Call me a pessimist but that doesn't sound like he's likely to bounce straight into full training this week. I think he'll be starting from the bench at best - hope I'm wrong.

We will see a definite upturn in form when he's back, his influence cannot be downplayed. He is the absolute focal point. I just hope he's ready to play some part on Friday because it could have a big impact on the result.

• Like 1

On 03/02/2019 at 13:20, Reivax_Villa said:

Let’s see. But it’s almost certain that he will be gone if we don’t get promoted.

For his own good, I hope so. He'll be reaching his prime in the next season or two, he can't be wasting his career at this level. He should be playing in the Premier League next season. Hopefully with us, but he can't let sentiment ruin his career.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

If Grealish is on 45k a week, he's on 180k a month. That means a donation of £1500 is approximately 0.8% of his monthly wage. If you earn circa £2k per month 0.8% of your wage is £16. And arguably you have less available cash too so that £16 means something.

#GrealishOut

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

All donations are lovely but it's one of my pet peeves that celebs get such a slap on the back for donating seemingly large amounts of money when to them it's pennies.

If Grealish is on 45k a week, he's on 180k a month. That means a donation of £1500 is approximately 0.8% of his monthly wage. If you earn circa £2k per month 0.8% of your wage is £16. And arguably you have less available cash too so that £16 means something.

So, and I know this sounds grumpy, it's lovely that he (or anyone) donated to a charity but I'm not sure it warrants a special acknowledgement just because the figure is bigger.

Anyway, off topic...

When is he back?! 

He didn't announce it, the relative of the lad who needed the wheelchair did. 

He's class. Can't wait until he's back. 

On 03/02/2019 at 13:10, Reivax_Villa said:

We need to get a replacement, no matter if he stays or goes.

We just cannot be this reliant on one player. We need cover for injury or absence.

Assuming that we are as reliant on him as it appears - we will find out when he returns.

Honestly why are we debating this. Fair play for the donation. Fair play to all those who donated. Celebs will get singled out for their profile rather than Reece from Carmarthen or whatever but I think most people are sensible enough to realise neither Jack nor Reece actually had to do anything, but they did and therefore it’s a wonderful gesture regardless of the amount.

Anyway, is he back for Saturday?? I haven’t seen Villa in person for years and would love it if he was on the pitch!

13 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Honestly why are we debating this. Fair play for the donation. Fair play to all those who donated. Celebs will get singled out for their profile rather than Reece from Carmarthen or whatever but I think most people are sensible enough to realise neither Jack nor Reece actually had to do anything, but they did and therefore it’s a wonderful gesture regardless of the amount.

Anyway, is he back for Saturday?? I haven’t seen Villa in person for years and would love it if he was on the pitch!

Hope you know the match is on Friday!!😀

• Haha 2

On 31/01/2019 at 09:46, Delphinho123 said:

Our playoff hopes depend on this guy. If we can get him back fit, he’s good enough to win us enough games on his own.

I don’t think I’ve ever known a villa side depend on one player so much. It was the same last season. 

Cracking player.

It really wasn't.

Jack's spell out of the team last season came at the start of the season. When he returned to the team we were in the playoff positions.

He's a cracking player and of course we miss him. But for all Bruce's faults, he seemed to cope better without him than the current team does.

18 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

All donations are lovely but it's one of my pet peeves that celebs get such a slap on the back for donating seemingly large amounts of money when to them it's pennies.

So, and I know this sounds grumpy, it's lovely that he (or anyone) donated to a charity but I'm not sure it warrants a special acknowledgement just because the figure is bigger.

Anyway, off topic...

When is he back?! 

How much have you donated?

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

How much have you donated?

And you win the prize for the most predictable reply! I haven't - but I have plenty of other charities - but this is the absolute epitomy of a reactionary keyboard warrior response that is so easily the standard today. Or can you not comment on my comment unless you've donated too?! 

It doesn't matter how clearly one states the purpose of their point, people will quickly take exception rather than discuss it or, better still, just ignore it or put it down to a perfectly acceptable difference of opinion.

Quite clearly stated it was lovely that anyone donates to a charity in initial post. My point was just because they donate a larger financial amount it doesn't make them any kinder than Bob in the office who's actually donated a larger percentage of their earnings. That was it. Wasn't a dig at Grealish, was an observation of our worship of celebrities perhaps. I don't think hearing Grealish donated 0.8% of his monthly pay is necessary unless you go round celebrating everyone who does the same.

And also said it was way off topic. So all relax, I'm not having a go at him I'm just stating an opinion that I think they get too much applause for an effort everyone else gets ignored for. Simple as that really.

• Like 3

Â