The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

News was that we made a better offer to Brentford for Mepham than Bournemouth, who ended up signing him for 12 million.  I'm positive the money is there to spend, if we identify the right player for the right price.  I don't think many of our targets were available for the "right price" or they don't want to play in the Championship, which means we're being ambitious in who we are going for first.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KMitch said:

News was that we made a better offer to Brentford for Mepham than Bournemouth, who ended up signing him for 12 million.  I'm positive the money is there to spend, if we identify the right player for the right price.  I don't think many of our targets were available for the "right price" or they don't want to play in the Championship, which means we're being ambitious in who we are going for first.

I agree with that.

19 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

that will be the highest offer we will ever get for him. He has had about 5 good games this season and been out with a long term injury again. If spurs come back in for him they will not be offering more than 15-18 million and it seems nobody else wanted him anyway. People on about getting 60 million for Grealish & Mcginn  for a mass rebuild are insane. We would struggle to get 25 million for both.

Oh hi there negative Nigel, think we need some more 'stats' from you to prove your point tbh 😂 He had about 5 good games ? So what about the rest of the team ? He was massive for us in the only good run of games we've had this season. Jacks just signed a 5 year contract, villa have won 2 in 10 without him and we rejected a 25mil bid in the summer... so hes now worth 15-18m because hes been out for 2/3 months with a bone fracture ? Makes no sense whatsoever. 

We would 'Struggle' to get 25million for Mcginn and Grealish yet Dean Smith said in his press conference YESTERDAY that Jack will be like a £25million signing coming back 🤔

Edited by El Kami Ghazi

2 hours ago, El Kami Ghazi said:

Oh hi there negative Nigel, think we need some more 'stats' from you to prove your point tbh 😂 He had about 5 good games ? So what about the rest of the team ? He was massive for us in the only good run of games we've had this season. Jacks just signed a 5 year contract, villa have won 2 in 10 without him and we rejected a 25mil bid in the summer... so hes now worth 15-18m because hes been out for 2/3 months with a bone fracture ? Makes no sense whatsoever. 

We would 'Struggle' to get 25million for Mcginn and Grealish yet Dean Smith said in his press conference YESTERDAY that Jack will be like a £25million signing coming back 🤔

Name more than 5? He along with most of the rest of the team were pretty shit when bruce was here, 4 or 5 good games under smith then injured. Nobody other than spurs wanted him and they didn't wan't him enough to pay stupid money. By the time the transfer window comes round he will be nearly 24. He has been in the championship for 3 years now and has managed an almighty 60 starts in 122 games (40 out of 76 in the previous 2 seasons) 10 goals & 14 assists in 3 years combined is only slightly better than snodgrass managed last season.

Players from a lower league that miss large chunks of 2 consecutive seasons do not go for £40 million.

Why would anyone pay 40 million for him? If you really must have an attacking midfielder from a championship club why not just buy someone like Bradley Dack for 15million or less who is a year older, has 4 or 5 years of playing nearly every game and has 125 goals & assists in 264 appearances compared to grealishes 42 in 171.

Maddison only went for £20 million or so last year and he is twice the player grealish is despite being a year younger.

Failing that you could buy a whole team of foreign 18-21 year olds & pay them a fraction of the wages grealish would want.

Norwich only paid 1.5 million for Beundia and he has had a far better season than grealish.

Dean Smith said we were good against Reading so i'll take what he says with a pinch of salt for now....

Edited by LakotaDakota

15 hours ago, KMitch said:

Hopefully that's a sign that we're showing a bit of restraint whilst still trying to be ambitious - and not overpaying for Plan F just because we couldn't get Plans A-E as I suspect we've done in the past.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Name more than 5? He along with most of the rest of the team were pretty shit when bruce was here, 4 or 5 good games under smith then injured. Nobody other than spurs wanted him and they didn't wan't him enough to pay stupid money. By the time the transfer window comes round he will be nearly 24. He has been in the championship for 3 years now and has managed an almighty 60 starts in 122 games (40 out of 76 in the previous 2 seasons) 10 goals & 14 assists in 3 years combined is only slightly better than snodgrass managed last season.

Players from a lower league that miss large chunks of 2 consecutive seasons do not go for £40 million.

Why would anyone pay 40 million for him? If you really must have an attacking midfielder from a championship club why not just buy someone like Bradley Dack for 15million or less who is a year older, has 4 or 5 years of playing nearly every game and has 125 goals & assists in 264 appearances compared to grealishes 42 in 171.

Maddison only went for £20 million or so last year and he is twice the player grealish is despite being a year younger.

Failing that you could buy a whole team of foreign 18-21 year olds & pay them a fraction of the wages grealish would want.

Norwich only paid 1.5 million for Beundia and he has had a far better season than grealish.

Dean Smith said we were good against Reading so i'll take what he says with a pinch of salt for now....

It's simple, he's a better player than everyone you mentioned and has a much higher upside. We rejected a 25M bid then gave him a 5 year contract. No way that missing 3 months of the season makes that value go down. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KMitch said:

Ambitious or unrealistic?

48 minutes ago, blunther said:

I think he’ll be here next season. I don’t see anyone topping £25m unless he has an unbelievable end to the season and I don’t see why we’d let him leave for less now he’s contracted for another four years. 

Just hope there is no gentleman's agreement in place!

54 minutes ago, blunther said:

I think he’ll be here next season. I don’t see anyone topping £25m unless he has an unbelievable end to the season and I don’t see why we’d let him leave for less now he’s contracted for another four years. 

He held all the cards when he signed a new contract and the club wouldn't block him of a move to a top team. Id imagine if a 30m bid comes in from Spurs again he will be allowed to talk to them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blunther said:

I don't. We can't afford his wages after this season

33 minutes ago, KHV said:

I don't. We can't afford his wages after this season

Do you know the club’s finances then? Do you the sponsorship deals we have lined up? 

A lot of our top earners’ contracts run out in the summer. We appear to have very successful men in charge now, they’ll have contingency plans in place should we not go up. I’ve no doubt we’ll be able to afford To keep Jack, if he wants to stay.

On 08/02/2019 at 16:19, LakotaDakota said:

Wow.

There’s more to football than assists and goals you know.

Have you not seen the difference between him in the team and out of it? He draws 2-3 players to him every time he’s on the ball, creating so much space for the rest of the team.

just look at the last 10 games to know how much he contributes to this team.

He’s worth more than £40m to us, because without him, we’re not going up.  As for buying a bunch of foreign 18-21 yr olds - for every one bargain £1.5m player, there’s about 50 duds. 

£4m gets you hourihane, or Lansbury.

Now if Spurs can get £18m from stoke for a 29 year old Kevin (who??) Wimner, they can bloody pay £40m for Grealish - or they can **** off.

You also need to realise that transfer prices are dictated by who is buying and who is selling - not necessarily as a direct reflection of the quality of the player.  When a champions league club want a player from Aston Villa, they’re gonna have to pay champions league prices.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Thug said:

Wow.

There’s more to football than assists and goals you know.

Have you not seen the difference between him in the team and out of it? He draws 2-3 players to him every time he’s on the ball, creating so much space for the rest of the team.

just look at the last 10 games to know how much he contributes to this team.

He’s worth more than £40m to us, because without him, we’re not going up.  As for buying a bunch of foreign 18-21 yr olds - for every one bargain £1.5m player, there’s about 50 duds. 

£4m gets you hourihane, or Lansbury.

Now if Spurs can get £18m from stoke for a 29 year old Kevin (who??) Wimner, they can bloody pay £40m for Grealish - or they can **** off.

You also need to realise that transfer prices are dictated by who is buying and who is selling - not necessarily as a direct reflection of the quality of the player.  When a champions league club want a player from Aston Villa, they’re gonna have to pay champions league prices.

Don’t feed the troll, mate.

Grealish literally transforms our team to the point even players like Hourihane look good. He’s a cracking talent and I doubt we’ll be accepting anything less than 30m for him in the summer.

With players like Jedinak, Taylor, Whelan etc. off the books in the summer, it will free up money to give to Jack. That and the massive Adidas kit deal we’ll no doubt be signing.

With regards to FFP, I genuinely don’t understand how we’re not in serious trouble with it already. We have obviously found a loophole or paid someone off so I’m certainly not worried about that being the stumbling block in keeping him. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Do you know the club’s finances then? Do you the sponsorship deals we have lined up? 

A lot of our top earners’ contracts run out in the summer. We appear to have very successful men in charge now, they’ll have contingency plans in place should we not go up. I’ve no doubt we’ll be able to afford To keep Jack, if he wants to stay.

Revenue streams for championship teams do not support £50k per week footballers once parachute payments end. Look at Leeds, Man City and Nottingham Forest etc. Relegated teams from the premier league who do not bounce back within 3 years struggle.

We are no longer a big draw from for sponsorship or kit deals. It doesn't matter how much money the owners have. They can't spend it

14 minutes ago, KHV said:

Revenue streams for championship teams do not support £50k per week footballers once parachute payments end. Look at Leeds, Man City and Nottingham Forest etc. Relegated teams from the premier league who do not bounce back within 3 years struggle.

We are no longer a big draw from for sponsorship or kit deals. It doesn't matter how much money the owners have. They can't spend it

What about if Adidas gave us a 50m kit deal for the next 3 years? 

Â