The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Well at least if Jack is out half the season it'll prevent the likes of Levy parting with £40 million, will put far too much doubt in their minds for that price. And we get him for the proper promotion push next season. 

Apparently Sheffield United was the aim for his comeback. Just a matter of how quickly he heals up fully I suppose so they can't really put an official date on it. Could be anytime from that game to Brentford the following week to WBA after. Hopefully no later than that otherwise this season really is a write-off (if it's not already rendered that in the meantime).

There is absolutely no way he stays if we don't go up. Love for the club or not he really would be mad to stall his career for another season. As much as I wish he would he's far too good to persevere with the Championship any longer just for our sake.

22 hours ago, Jareth said:

Well at least if Jack is out half the season it'll prevent the likes of Levy parting with £40 million, will put far too much doubt in their minds for that price. And we get him for the proper promotion push next season. 

To be honest I'd rather he was fit and playing well so we could get near £40m. He won't be here next season so the more we can get the better.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Wow.

May I ask how you have came to such a quick conclusion?

The results, the defence, the midfield, the injuries, the over reliance on Abraham, Smith's abilities as a manager.

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

The results, the defence, the midfield, the injuries, the over reliance on Abraham, Smith's abilities as a manager.

Fair points.

I am holding blind faith that we will kick on once Grealish & Tuanzebe return - providing we are still in touch by that point.

If we were to get promoted, would you trust Smith in the PL?

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Fair points.

I am holding blind faith that we will kick on once Grealish & Tuanzebe return - providing we are still in touch by that point.

If we were to get promoted, would you trust Smith in the PL?

Not at all, I think we would be on the end of some serious hidings

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Not at all, I think we would be on the end of some serious hidings

I agree. I mean I would be all for giving him a chance but I feel he could also struggle at that level. Nothing against him but this why I was a wee bit suprised by the appointment considering our remit was to try and get promotion this season.

4 hours ago, KHV said:

To be honest I'd rather he was fit and playing well so we could get near £40m. He won't be here next season so the more we can get the better.

Me too, but still don't think anyone's coming in for him at that price, without a full season in god knows how long to his name. 

So Frenkie de Jong to Barca mean they'll likely not have the need or place for Adrien Rabiot making him a top target for Spurs according to the papers.

Meaning in turn they'll have no need or place for Grealish?

Doubt that Rabiot will end up at Spurs thou because even thou he will be cheap (January) or free (in the summer) he'll still never fit into their wage structure.

He's on £60.000/w now and will ask for 3 times as much at least. Along with a hefty signing bonus.

Still, not sure what options Grealish will have in the summer, might even be so that Germany is his best option?

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Still, not sure what options Grealish will have in the summer, might even be so that Germany is his best option?

He must have a buyout. Around £35m I'd guess.

If he ends the season on fire, I think someone will pay that. If he doesn't have a brilliant end to the season, I don't think they will.

Â