The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Thought he was picking up the ball to deep again against Forrest. Need to be much closer to Tammy for me.

It would protect him more from fouls for one as you will think twice about giving away dangerous free kicks around the box.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

We have a special player on our hands here. With the way Smith set's us up to attack this is exciting times..

I would like to add the most tickled player in the championship not fouled, too jack after 90+ fouls so far which is not even half a season, it really must be starting to feel like he's being tickled.

Wonder if Jack ends up with a count of 200+ before season ends, that would be something and deserving of an award

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I would like to add the most tickled player in the championship not fouled, too jack after 90+ fouls so far which is not even half a season, it really must be starting to feel like he's being tickled.

Wonder if Jack ends up with a count of 200+ before season ends, that would be something and deserving of an award

The next stat will be - Fouls v Yellow cards.....and compared with other similar players to Jack.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

The next stat will be - Fouls v Yellow cards.....and compared with other similar players to Jack.

Jack is on one yellow card away from a suspension and he makes a lot less fouls. With fouls he has received and shit referees I would be surprised if its double that

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Jack is on one yellow card away from a suspension and he makes a lot less fouls. With fouls he has received and shit referees I would be surprised if its double that

I thought the cut off for 5 yellow cards expired after the Forest game? 

52 minutes ago, a m ole said:

is that 2 goals and 3 assists in 5 games?

doing those statistic things that we all wanted, now.

He is often the one who finds the pass to the assister also. These types of players will often unfairly be judged on the amount of assists and goals.

• Like 1

Sometimes you have to concentrate on what he's doing and how difficult it is. It's easy to not appreciate him float along with the ball 30 yards up the pitch strolling past their players. He's so good at it, does it all the time and makes it look easy.

Progresses our play more than anyone else.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

Jack's of course been great of late, but I don't think he's anywhere close to his ceiling yet. Perhaps he was a bit leggy against Boro, and probably sensed he doesn't really need to step up a gear, in order for us to comfortably beat them, nevertheless I'd personally like to see him 'enforce himself' even more in games. I get this feeling he isn't willing to leave his comfort zone. Also it could be that Smith hasn't yet discovered the 'perfect role' for Jack.

• Like 1

On 01/12/2018 at 12:57, Dave-R said:

THAT'S BLOODY OUTRAGEOUS! GET THE EFL AUTHORITIES INVOLVED!

On 02/12/2018 at 05:07, villalad21 said:

He is often the one who finds the pass to the assister also. These types of players will often unfairly be judged on the amount of assists and goals.

We call those hockey assists. Very undervalued statistic.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Think he's one booking away from a ban.  Can see him getting that on Friday.

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why because it’s a derby? He managed to control himself against Blues.

Plus I thought the limit changed after Forest match? 

I believe the limit is now 10 bookings as we are so far into the season. So Grealish is nowhere near a suspension now. 

19 hours ago, vreitti said:

Jack's of course been great of late, but I don't think he's anywhere close to his ceiling yet. Perhaps he was a bit leggy against Boro, and probably sensed he doesn't really need to step up a gear, in order for us to comfortably beat them, nevertheless I'd personally like to see him 'enforce himself' even more in games. I get this feeling he isn't willing to leave his comfort zone. Also it could be that Smith hasn't yet discovered the 'perfect role' for Jack.

Maybe now he has more quality around him and players stepping up it means he doesn’t stand out as much. We’ve got creativity everywhere. No longer so reliant on Jack.

edit: I think he is doing a lot more for the team now when we haven’t got the ball. They all are.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe now he has more quality around him and players stepping up it means he doesn’t stand out as much. We’ve got creativity everywhere. No longer so reliant on Jack.

edit: I think he is doing a lot more for the team now when we haven’t got the ball. They all are.

I agree with this. Jack is seeing much more of the ball now and operating a bona fida complete midfield player. As such you see him doing a little bit more of the more mundane, less flashy stuff. The irony of course being that somehow he makes a ten yard sideways pass look so damn sexy - such a smooth and natural playing style. The balletic way he moves and his balance etc reminds me of Zidane, but, you know....... better (jokes)

17 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Think he's one booking away from a ban.  Can see him getting that on Friday.

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why because it’s a derby? He managed to control himself against Blues.

Plus I thought the limit changed after Forest match? 

I believe the limit is now 10 bookings as we are so far into the season. So Grealish is nowhere near a suspension now. 

Â