The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

We couldn't last 10 mins without him.

Yes the guy handled it in, and the keeper gave his usual trash attempt at being a goalie.

But we should have been knocking it around, looking after the ball... and dare I say it, drawing fouls!

If he stayed on I think we'd have won.

• Like 2

because the baggies fans have been wetting themselves over barnes who isnt even theres it was interesting to see them both last night

both played really well i though, barnes is a very good player, great assist, maybe should have scored when hutton had the last ditch block but i thought that he's out on the left and he kind of stayed out on the left and its not like everything went through him they dont get him on the ball as much as we do jack so he doesnt have the influence on the game, i dont think barnes is there yet and he maybe needs to come inside, talent is definitely there (jack has 3 years on him to be fair and im sure if you went back through this thread there are plenty of posts about him being wasted on the left)

jack was everywhere last night, always wanting the ball, always in space, think sky said last night we play with 2 number 8s rather than a number 10, him and mcginn are a dream team, loved the battle with barry and the image of barry chasing after him as he set up the 2nd goal

Bet he's gutted he went off and we didn't see the game through.

Unfortunately we can't afford to rest him and his shins currently as he's pivotal in everything we do on the pitch.

If he does need a weeks rest the O'Hare is the man to fill his boots for me, but McGinn and Hourihane will have to be on top form to hold the midfield together.

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Smith said he has been carrying an injury for a few weeks on his shin. I wouldnt mind him sitting out Stoke to keep him fresh for Christmas games especially Leeds

How about wear some proper f8cking shin pads Jack?!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Smith said he has been carrying an injury for a few weeks on his shin. I wouldnt mind him sitting out Stoke to keep him fresh for Christmas games especially Leeds

If we do has to be O'Hare to start.

• Like 1

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/113069/MatchStatistics/Jack-Grealish

Not been given the assist for the corner Chester scored from at Boro which is mad. Include that and it’s 6 in 6 for goals and assists, as well as his influence in other goals.

We’ll really miss him if he’s out next weekend, but I would like to see O’Hare given a go over Whelan.

Watching Jack this season, one of the things that impressed me aside from the passes and dribbles etc, is that when the ball gets to him in mid field it sticks to him like glue.

Where other players can mid control the ball or turn and get tackled or knocked off the ball etc, Jack shields it really well and rarely if ever let's it get taken off him, that's then followed by either a simple or really good pass or a run, or let's himself get fouled.

So yeah what impressed me as much as anything else with him is whenever the ball goes towards him I am always very confident he has it all under control and never let's someone hustle the ball off him or surround and tackle him, I think that a seriously underrated skill he is really good at shielding, controlling, keeping and spraying the ball around.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Watching Jack this season, one of the things that impressed me aside from the passes and dribbles etc, is that when the ball gets to him in mid field it sticks to him like glue.

Where other players can mid control the ball or turn and get tackled or knocked off the ball etc, Jack shields it really well and rarely if ever let's it get taken off him, that's then followed by either a simple or really good pass or a run, or let's himself get fouled.

So yeah what impressed me as much as anything else with him is whenever the ball goes towards him I am always very confident he has it all under control and never let's someone hustle the ball off him or surround and tackle him, I think that a seriously underrated skill he is really good at shielding, controlling, keeping and spraying the ball around.

I've said this before somewhere but I think I've never seen him lose the ball. He's great. And he's got some quality players around him playing well too. Good times.

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/113069/MatchStatistics/Jack-Grealish

Not been given the assist for the corner Chester scored from at Boro which is mad. Include that and it’s 6 in 6 for goals and assists, as well as his influence in other goals.

We’ll really miss him if he’s out next weekend, but I would like to see O’Hare given a go over Whelan.

It took a few touches to get to Chester, can see why not given 

Â