The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

Targeted from the off - as per usual - just kept on playing, and scored in the derby.

They just can’t handle him. 

I know its a derby but today was shocking Kieftenbeld and Gardner just kicked him from the start. Not sure either was even booked

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TRO said:

but its a back handed compliment to his ability...its confirmation.

Robinson even said it before the game, the opposition aren't good enough to play against him so expect him to be fouled 

my favourite bit is how the likes of Gardner aren't good enough and don't have the intelligence to stop fouling him, it's all well and good screaming at the ref that every time he gets pushed in the back he falls over too easily but at no point does he think "I need to stop pushing him in the back" 

think also the co-commentator said near the end after he got spun 180, you can say he's a diver or he buys contact or goes down easy or this that and the other but have you ever seen him pull out of being clattered? He knows he will be fouled and he still takes it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Robinson even said it before the game, the opposition aren't good enough to play against him so expect him to be fouled 

my favourite bit is how the likes of Gardner aren't good enough and don't have the intelligence to stop fouling him, it's all well and good screaming at the ref that every time he gets pushed in the back he falls over too easily but at no point does he think "I need to stop pushing him in the back" 

think also the co-commentator said near the end after he got spun 180, you can say he's a diver or he buys contact or goes down easy or this that and the other but have you ever seen him pull out of being clattered? He knows he will be fouled and he still takes it

spot on

Just found this vid ,

it's the city side made by one of there idiot fans and the crap they say about grealish when he goes down just annoys me. Had to be watched to see it from there side it went up about an hour ago.

I think and know they got it wrong about Jack, he's ace and they know all they can do is take him down. They got some nerve to say Grealish is making a meal of it. They know he's class yet won't never admit it.

Same with huttons goal and how he says how no one took him down and it was basic football, he ran through the lot of them point blank..

Just can't admit it can they, that city got trashed. All over social media I don't think I've seen a decent city fair review, just more of how they could of stopped our goals and grealish was down all the time and milking it

That vid gets a dislike from me in a major way lol..

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

I know its a derby but today was shocking Kieftenbeld and Gardner just kicked him from the start. Not sure either was even booked

I think Kieftenbeld was booked right at the end.

But the ref handled it poorly. He had a perfect opportunity to get a yellow out early and put a marker down when Grealish got fouled in the first couple of minutes. Book the player there and it would immediately mean they'd have to watch their tackles. But he didn't, and they kept putting big challenges in that didn't get yellows, presumably because it was "too early in the game"

Even more annoying that Adomah then got a yellow card for our first remotely bad tackle. Which to be fair was a yellow card, but it's just annoying that the ref chose that point to start giving them.

• Like 4

On 26/11/2018 at 01:00, Dave-R said:

Just found this vid ,

That vid gets a dislike from me in a major way lol..

He talks absolute nonsense but I actually found it really funny to watch... the way his little face at the game got so excited, the so sad, then so excited, then so sad, then so excited, then so sad, and sadder and sadder...

• Haha 2

well now we have a bunch of baggie fans reacting to Claudio yacobs tackle on Jack Grealish, this is the type of mentality going on now against our boy Jack which is complete wrong.

I fear for Jack to be honest in the way that if players arnt getting done with what they are doing to Grealish. I do fear at some point something serious is bound to happen and someone comes in with a tackle on Jack and it's that severe he ends up with a broken leg or something. Players are getting away with complete red card offences and it makes me sick to see it happening, It needs to be stopped it does. How scared does it show the championship is of Jack that they have to result to these methods. By committing so many fouls is proof that they won't let him play to the best of his ability because if he does he will have them all over the place baffled as to what's just happened.

Must be over a 100 now, it was high abit ago in how many fouls had been committed on Jack Grealish.

Can't our club log a complaint to the EFL about the referees or something it needs sorting asap..

He deserves to be protected, it doesn't matter if he can take it or not and keeps getting back up, I applaud him for his strong will to carry on and shrug it off but he shouldn't have to deal with all this abuse.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CTFJournalism/status/1067888237702721536

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

I think Jack is a fine, fine player and by definition attracts fouls.

However, he can help himself a tad more too.

He naturally gets drawn to the ball and on some occasions its arguable if its always necessary, (albeit I love to see him on the ball) other players have to get on with their job, he can't keep bailing them out.....a fit McGinn is a help to him.

Refs won't help Jack has to release it a bit quicker and avoid being caught on the ball....Lolley does it well, he moves quick and is hard to foul.

I think Jack will work out ways to avoid being caught on the ball.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think Jack is a fine, fine player and by definition attracts fouls.

However, he can help himself a tad more too.

He naturally gets drawn to the ball and on some occasions its arguable if its always necessary, (albeit I love to see him on the ball) other players have to get on with their job, he can't keep bailing them out.....a fit McGinn is a help to him.

Refs won't help Jack has to release it a bit quicker and avoid being caught on the ball....Lolley does it well, he moves quick and is hard to foul.

I think Jack will work out ways to avoid being caught on the ball.

I agree with you in the fact that Mcginn is a big help to Jack.

While I also agree with your Lolley comment,let's be honest Lolley isn't be targeted anywhere near as to what Jack is. Jack is being purposely aimed at every game, it's as if the players from other club's are saying if they take Grealish out permanent then villa arnt a team without him or we can't handle Jack so let's just foul the hell out of him.

I don't know about you but it makes me fuming it does. Hope your rite in releasing the ball quicker but I doubt it's just that I think it's the championship teams playing a club like ours and for a while it's been hack and slash at jack. While we were under bruce we played that poorly often and boring that the only real glimmer of a skillful player to be seen by us was jack and i think that helped paint the target on his back.

• Like 1

I spent most of my life aspiring to be like and admiring players from other clubs as the best in the world.

I've never been so fond of a footballer as I am Grealish and proud to have him at the club I support.

I actually start to catch feelings with the idea of him spending his career here and contributing to our rise to the top.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I spent most of my life aspiring to be like and admiring players from other clubs as the best in the world.

I've never been so fond of a footballer as I am Grealish and proud to have him at the club I support.

I actually start to catch feelings with the idea of him spending his career here and contributing to our rise to the top.

Same.

Jack is like how you imagine yourself to be as a footballer if you could do everything you want.

I sometimes have to pinch myself to remember that he's Villa through and through and produced by our academy.

• Like 1

Another couple of factors in the high foul count are that he plays for free kicks a lot, perhaps instead of showing real creativity, and he also goes down easily a lot, so opponents probably think if he is going to get a free kick they might as well give him a kick. 

I don't disagree that he gets kicked a lot though.

Â