The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Where did you get 60 million from? If we don’t go up this season Jack Grealish is gone. 

Well his release will be 60 mill won't it, that's what was put on the new deal back near the end of september or reported as that. Any club wanting jack will have to pay around that for him. The new owners wanted to protect Jack from any cheap swoop like what nearly happened under tony xia for 10-15mill.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Well his release will be 60 mill won't it, that's what was put on the new deal back near the end of september or reported as that. Any club wanting jack will have to pay around that for him. The new owners wanted to protect Jack from any cheap swoop like what nearly happened under tony xia for 10-15mill.

I think we’d sell him for 25-30m if we didn’t go up. Can’t keep him in the league yet another season and we’d also probably need the money. 

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I think we’d sell him for 25-30m if we didn’t go up. Can’t keep him in the league yet another season and we’d also probably need the money. 

He's a brilliant player and is likely to kick on now as his form has improved since the change in manager and change in style of play. I think he will prove himself as the best player in the Championship this season and will most likely see us push hard for promotion.

In saying this if come the end of the season we don't go up and Grealish ends up being sold for £25-30 million we are now in a much better place to spend the money wisely and better the squad. With the new owners and the new coaching staff we are heading in the right direction and Grealish's loss wouldn't hit the club as badly.

Obviously I would love for Jack to stay and take us back to the Premier League. For now let's just enjoy having him in the side playing as well as we all know he can.

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A release clause isn't to stop other clubs buying him cheap (unless you're increasing an existing lower release clause)

I suspect the release clause negotiated with jack for his new contract would be a realistic one of his value. 

Dont beleive the reports of 60 million. 

57 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think if any premier league club want him they are going to have to pay what the owners want. The fact Jack didn't go in the summer when we had all those troubles says something at least. Not only does Jack want to be at villa but the owners don't want to sell there prized asset and will do whatever it takes to protect him. The owners coming in when they did and saying our players arnt for sale only points to a massive release clause on jacks contract. Jack would sign all day long so long as his wages are higher which also reported they were over 20 grand a week on his new contract.

Its not as if we are desperate for money now. In the summer it was all about paying the bills and catching up on payements owed and paying the massive wage bill. We dont need to do any of that thanks to our mega rich owners. The only thing selling Jack gets us, is it shows Aston Villa are selling again which in turn eases FFP up so we won't have fifa, efl or UEFA on our backs so much.

I think it will be next season if we dint go up, maybe Grealish will be gone, not this season as it's too soon from when the owners put there plan in place. When I say too soon I mean in respects to I didn't or don't expect this season to be a promotional push and all because of time lost under bruce. However since no one is running away with the league, we have been fortunate that Dean Smith has had time to gather his troops and bounce back.  Hopefully these current wins are the run we need to not only catch up but to take top spot in the championship which would really seal Grealish at villa for what we all hope is the rest of his career.

I love Jack, think he is an outstanding player and would love him in a villa shirt till the day he hangs up his boots, hopefully we do get promoted this season to make that more a realistic thought.

Edited by Dave-R

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I suspect the release clause negotiated with jack for his new contract would be a realistic one of his value. 

Exactly. And that clause would be put in by Jack's side, not by us.

A release clause is of no benefit to us. The only benefit is that it gets the player to sign a contract that he wouldn't otherwise sign.

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. And that clause would be put in by Jack's side, not by us.

A release clause is of no benefit to us. The only benefit is that it gets the player to sign a contract that he wouldn't otherwise sign.

Image result for fabian delph wink

• Haha 1

I don't think anyone would be willing to pay 30 mill for a player with as few goals and assist Grealish has provided so far in his career.

As much promise as he has he doesn't deliver enough goalpoints.

Edited by villalad21

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I don't think anyone would be willing to pay 30 mill for a player with as few goals and assist Grealish has provided so far in his career.

As much promise as he has he doesn't deliver enough goalpoints.

Luka Modric says hi.

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Luka Modric says hi.

Not the same type of player. Modric plays as a deep playing midfielder. Grealish plays amf and should ba having more assists and goals.

Not saying Grealish can't get to the level, but he ain't there yet.

Grealish mite not get the goals he should be getting but that's been hugely because we had a manager as in bruce who not only didn't understand his players but didn't coach them  Hopefully we will start to see goal from Jack, I think we will see more from him now.

The other thing about Jack I'd like to say is that Jacks worth is well in there, not because he does or doesn't score but because of what he does on that field. Jack probably has the best pass rate in our team if not the championship. Jack is also up and down that field, wins balls alot, basically Jack drives the opposition nuts that's why they can't handle him, that's why they have to chop him down, it's frustration. I don't know about you guys but with Jack I see his worth on the pitch even though he isn't scoring, sure it would be even higher if he were scoring but it is just how it is.

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I would hope the club was sensible though and negotiated a non promotion release fee only

In some cases I believe the release discussion is the figure a club must meet to discuss terms. It doesn’t in all cases mean the selling club has to sell although i assume in the majority of cases they would. 

However if for example the clause is 25m and Spurs offer 25million and one. Could our owner ask what they are smoking down at White Hart Lane and tell them to F off?

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

In some cases I believe the release discussion is the figure a club must meet to discuss terms. It doesn’t in all cases mean the selling club has to sell although i assume in the majority of cases they would. 

However if for example the clause is 25m and Spurs offer 25million and one. Could our owner ask what they are smoking down at White Hart Lane and tell them to F off?

Well Liverpool not accepting the Suarez bid from Arsenal was never really investigated

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bloody hell lads. A few good performances in the Championship and he could be as good as David Silva? No wonder people are disappointed when he has an average game.

Jack is quality and can be a good Premier League player. But if he was ever going be on David Silva’s level Id think we’d know about it by now. 

some of the best players have average games at times.....what we are encouraged about, is seeing a player with skills we haven't seen for a decade or more.

I get your point and it has validity....but blimey, surely we can wax a bit of lyrical when we have a technician on the payroll.

He will have form dips like most players and he does have room for improvements, like goal tally.....but when he's on....he's a joy to watch.

On 04/11/2018 at 14:40, Stevomanila said:

Yep how true..they just take it in turns to see who picks up the first yellow, clatter, rotate, repeat...

Best, Bowles & Marsh.

not saying he is as good as them .....but we have seen it all before.

it usually happens when they can't stop talent.

Â