The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

14 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

These are largely wingers me jack plays ACM. Show me the goals for lampard, Gerrard, Scholes and even the mighty Tim cahill during his Everton days. Bet its a lot more than jack's 3 a season. An effective ACM should be able to get at least 10 goals and JG is a long way off. 

That’s odd. I never said any of that. It was somebody else’s post.

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I think us fans sometimes put too much emphasis on individual players. It's a team game and 1 player isn't going to make the difference between promotion and not. Grealish contributed 3 goals last season and didn't assist many more. 

If we got 30m for him we can clear the shackles of FFP and maybe buy a couple of young stars who will turn us a profit in the future. This is probably more use to us going forward than hanging onto Grealish. 

I don’t think that’s the case as before he came back and found his role in deeper central mid we were no way near as good. He doesn’t always get the assists or goals but he will nearly always set up the assister with a perfectly waited pass or after a mazy run or by gaining the free kick in a dangerous position. I believe he also made the most key passes in the division even though he played a lot less than most. He is simply irreplaceable in my opinion.

Edited by stegzy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We wern't recovering from a mighty f*ck up in the past that involved relegation and borderline oblivion. There has been no bigger situation for the club than this within the last 35 years that I can recall.

Right now, Jack is the heartbeat of Aston Villa in terms of progression.

He may be for now but he isn't bigger than the club if he goes so be it we move on and concentrate on us

1 hour ago, stegzy said:

I don’t think that’s the case as before he came back and found his role in deeper central mid we were no way near as good. He doesn’t always get the assists or goals but he will nearly always set up the assister with a perfectly waited pass or after a mazy run or by gaining the free kick in a dangerous position. I believe he also made the most key passes in the division even though he played a lot less than most. He is simply irreplaceable in my opinion.

He should do every thing he can to emulate the likes of Modric and Pirlo in terms of playing style. He has the ball control and dribbling of those players, he has shown glimpses of the vision and passing ability but that and the ability to dictate games is where he needs to improve. That is what he should aim at anyway. Time is still on his side as Modric was still in Croatia at his age, both him and Pirlo started out as attacking midfielders.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kieranavfc said:

To put Grealish's fee into context, Boro are selling Ben Gibson to Burnley for FIFTEEN million. Anything under double that is an embarrassing offer for Jack.

Agreed. Typical isn't it? A club like Burnley want a player and offer the selling club the fee they want to get the deal done. Levy could learn something from that. No doubt if he had wanted Gibson he would have made a take it or leave it £7m offer and then tried to unsettle the player. It's fortunate for us that Levy rather than Burnley were after Jack.

3 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

These are largely wingers me jack plays ACM. Show me the goals for lampard, Gerrard, Scholes and even the mighty Tim cahill during his Everton days. Bet its a lot more than jack's 3 a season. An effective ACM should be able to get at least 10 goals and JG is a long way off. 

I’m not looking too closely at this but a quick google suggests that when they were 23 Scholes scored 3 a season, Lampard 9 and Gerrard 10 in 50 games. Completely different types of players but just as you asked.

I don’t think Grealish will ever be a 20-goal a season guarantee like Lampard and Gerrard were but it wouldn’t surprise me for him to knock in ten next season as you suggest.

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I said I’ve used stats for people I regard as similar in style to Jack. ....most of them played in various positions, but I wasn’t talking about their positions specifically.

You are free to have a different view, but I won’t alter mine to include the players you mention, as they are irrelevant to my view.

I think if Grealish goes to Spurs it will be for around £30m as I can't see them (Spurs) offering much more than that but I could see us accepting at that price. Of course if he has to go preference would be £40m+!

Time will tell but will be glad once the deadline day is out the way so we know where we stand.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I’m not looking too closely at this but a quick google suggests that when they were 23 Scholes scored 3 a season, Lampard 9 and Gerrard 10 in 50 games. Completely different types of players but just as you asked.

I don’t think Grealish will ever be a 20-goal a season guarantee like Lampard and Gerrard were but it wouldn’t surprise me for him to knock in ten next season as you suggest.

He does need to find an end product. That's where he lacks at the moment, for all his attacking flair he doesn't actually score or create goals that often.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Gerrard never scored 20 goals in a premier league season

I don't think spurs will be willing to pay what we are looking for,especially as Grealish would only be a squad player for them. They were keen when they thought they could get him in the cheap for £15m but, if push came to shove, now I think they would be very reluctant to pay double that. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I think if Grealish goes to Spurs it will be for around £30m as I can't see them (Spurs) offering much more than that but I could see us accepting at that price. Of course if he has to go preference would be £40m+!

Time will tell but will be glad once the deadline day is out the way so we know where we stand.

If he goes for 30 i'll be disappointed.

We will have got mugged off.

Â