The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

35 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I reckon the jerknalists and /or papers are getting paid by betting companies to come up with crap rumours to stimulate bets. Now suddenly Chelsea are in the running to create a betting race ??. I'm pretty sure Grealish will still be a villa player come September and the poor punters will be lighter in their wallets. 

You are not far wrong.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I remember they stopped taking bets on Henry at one stage too...

I said it earlier, 5/2 was a great price for Jack staying, since earlier it's shortened a point into 9/4 now.

Yeah like when they stopped odds on Henry becoming the next Villa manager all of 2 weeks ago. They, and the vast majority of us, know bugger all over what happens behind the scenes at Football Clubs.

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Ha, I was in that 5-aside team too! Played with Joe plenty of times.

Unsurprisingly he was unreal compared to us bunch of mongs.

Haha! Nice one. Well my team won the league that season. Think we hammered you once ?

But yeah, he was a class apart. Makes you wonder, if he was that good, how good must Grealish be?

12 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Ha, I do genuinely think this dude is ITK though. He's broke loads of transfers over the past few years before they've hit the press at all. He's got something to do with the medical staff. 

He's the only person on Twitter that I receive notifications from when they post ;)

but being as the medical staff will have zero involvement in this is it not fair to assume he probably knows as much as anyone else on this occasion?

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Haha! Nice one. Well my team won the league that season. Think we hammered you once ?

But yeah, he was a class apart. Makes you wonder, if he was that good, how good must Grealish be?

Everyone hammered us so don't get too cocky ;)

Grealish is almost as good as me, but not quite.

Not to steal the jam out of anyone's donut. But, from Grealish's point of view, this is exactly the time to move to a big, top club like Chelsea or Man City. Only because, as many people are saying he may be a bench warmer for the first season but the season after a world cup is the best time to do that as it it two years until the next Euros and four to the World Cup. He can work his way into the managers confidence, and the team over the first year and be ready for realistic international selection after that

Jack obviously harbours serious ambitions to play for England and I think much of his decision will center around that. If he could do it playing for Villa i'm sure he would but I struggle to remember the last England international who wasn't playing in the top flight.

I’d say it’s a no brainier to stay here for another season vs bench warming for Spurs/Chelsea. Start this season as he finished the last one, be the big name in the Championship.

A chance to get promoted with his team or be in the position to decide his own future next summer if not. Next summer, with only a year left on his contract he will have multiple offers if his performances have been what many expect them to be this year. He would still have a full season to break into the England team for the next Euros and plenty of time before the next World Cup come around. 

37 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Not to steal the jam out of anyone's donut. But, from Grealish's point of view, this is exactly the time to move to a big, top club like Chelsea or Man City...

Had to throw up at that point. Sorry.

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Ross Barkley is 24, both Chelsea and Barkley should pull their finger out and work on progressing him in to a success. There's your English attacking mid for the next 5-10 years.

Not Grealish, he's ours.

Same as Spurs. They have one of the deepest and youngest midfields in Europe. Develop that.

What kind of sportsmanship is in diminishing your rivals through superior capital and business clout? Purchasing highly prized assets for a pittance of their worth.

That's something I enjoy about the Championship. It's more competitive than the Premier League in that the outcome of placement is less predictable and as mentioned above, determined by off-field factors. It's less competitive when it comes to performance levels, skill and ability and so less aesthetically pleasing but more interesting as to who might come out on top on any given day or season.

At least when we do it to the lesser teams in the Championship we pay well over the odds for their prized assets.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

Not to steal the jam out of anyone's donut. But, from Grealish's point of view, this is exactly the time to move to a big, top club like Chelsea or Man City. Only because, as many people are saying he may be a bench warmer for the first season but the season after a world cup is the best time to do that as it it two years until the next Euros and four to the World Cup. He can work his way into the managers confidence, and the team over the first year and be ready for realistic international selection after that

Jack obviously harbours serious ambitions to play for England and I think much of his decision will center around that. If he could do it playing for Villa i'm sure he would but I struggle to remember the last England international who wasn't playing in the top flight.

I don't get this notion you have to be playing top flight football to get into the national team. Southgate has proved you don't need a squad made up of Sky 4 "names" to be successful, Loftus-Cheek isn't even a squad player at Chelsea ffs.

Let's say, for arguments sake, Villa (or any Championship side) decide to go balls-to-the-wall and offer £200m for Harry Kane, is he automatically deemed not good enough to play for, and Captain his country? Bollocks is he.

This idea people need to play Champions league and top flight football is a bullshit myth created by agents and the media to justify a move or appease a fan base.

words removed! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

I don't get this notion you have to be playing top flight football to get into the national team. Southgate has proved you don't need a squad made up of Sky 4 "names" to be successful, Loftus-Cheek isn't even a squad player at Chelsea ffs.

Let's say, for arguments sake, Villa (or any Championship side) decide to go balls-to-the-wall and offer £200m for Harry Kane, is he automatically deemed not good enough to play for, and Captain his country? Bollocks is he.

This idea people need to play Champions league and top flight football is a bullshit myth created by agents and the media to justify a move or appease a fan base.

words removed! 

Excellent post. I agree with you 100%

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

I struggle to remember the last England international who wasn't playing in the top flight.

Could be wrong but it could have been that Wolves fella. Steve Bull ? If that's what you called him. 

• Like 1

Â