The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think us fans sometimes put too much emphasis on individual players. It's a team game and 1 player isn't going to make the difference between promotion and not. Grealish contributed 3 goals last season and didn't assist many more. 

If we got 30m for him we can clear the shackles of FFP and maybe buy a couple of young stars who will turn us a profit in the future. This is probably more use to us going forward than hanging onto Grealish. 

• Like 3

What I don’t get is that our FFP deficit is c. £40m can we not just do what M. City did with the Etihad. That deal was £400m over 10 years, I think about 10 years ago. Therefore it wouldn’t be stretching it to say it represented fair market value for VP. Then FFP is gone for good and Jack stays.

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I think us fans sometimes put too much emphasis on individual players. It's a team game and 1 player isn't going to make the difference between promotion and not. Grealish contributed 3 goals last season and didn't assist many more. 

If we got 30m for him we can clear the shackles of FFP and maybe buy a couple of young stars who will turn us a profit in the future. This is probably more use to us going forward than hanging onto Grealish. 

Exactly. Name me the stand out player that got Cardiff promoted. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he wants to go and we get at least 30 million for him and the whole amount is invested in new players. 

Then I don’t think it will be the end of the world as long as it is spent wisely. 

Actually having the money upthere (if we had the chance to go up) could be spent a lot better. Players needed in the championship are different and a lower level. Thats why our policy should be only loans or buying some promising players to build a team.

We could still sell him next summer with better value, and have much time to re-invest the money. We would also have a good view of the kind of players we need depend on the division. For example we could have easily bid for Yarry Mina if we were upthere. 

Buying average premier league players in this level is a gamble, loaning them is a bargain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Platt Ain’t Fat said:

What I don’t get is that our FFP deficit is c. £40m can we not just do what M. City did with the Etihad. That deal was £400m over 10 years, I think about 10 years ago. Therefore it wouldn’t be stretching it to say it represented fair market value for VP. Then FFP is gone for good and Jack stays.

Because they've changed the rules. There is now a cap on how much you can get for stadium sponsorship. Don't have the figure to hand, but istr it could be as low as 3 or 4 million. Check the FFP thread. 

3 hours ago, privateer said:

Er, no, that is patently untrue. If you said no Champ player is worth a £40m fee to another Champ club you might get agreement on that.

Premiership players of £40m are commonplace now so if a Prem club wants to buy a player to play in the Prem then the rate is Prem rate.

He has two years in his contract, has had one and half seasons of consistent form in a lower league. Premier league players are going for 30_40m. There is absolute lu no chance we are getting 40m fir him. That is dreamland way of thinking.

if we get a offer of 28m-30m I think we will sell

We don't need to sell. We don't have to meet Spurs half way. If 40m is our price and there's no chsnce of getting it, good. **** off then.

Why so many have decided that 40m is beyond reason I'll never know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He has two years in his contract, has had one and half seasons of consistent form in a lower league. Premier league players are going for 30_40m. There is absolute lu no chance we are getting 40m fir him. That is dreamland way of thinking.

if we get a offer of 28m-30m I think we will sell

Well, you've got me convinced. He's not worth a Prem team buying yet, he's neither good enough or presenting good value. :lol:

So, he stays :thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Its a tricky one.

There is a lot that goes on in a game, before the princely goal is scored.

I understand your point and am not opposed to it, but players who can run with the ball and keep control are very expensive and hard to find.

I agree with your point of the goals return, in order to move up the ladder he has to add goals to his game.

I also agree with your point that it is a team game and if our other players could dominate the ball like Jack, we would be flying up.

The big burning question is and always has been ......are we well equipped enough as a club that when we sell players, we can buy better.

I knew a time when that was so, in the last 10 years we haven't and I am not sure we have turned that corner yet either.

We are where we are in the main, because we have bought players that have offered us in general less than the ones who have left.

Edited by TRO

47 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its a tricky one.

There is a lot that goes on in a game, before the princely goal is scored.

I understand your point and am not opposed to it, but players who can run with the ball and keep control are very expensive and hard to find.

I agree with your point of the goals return, in order to move up the ladder he has to add goals to his game..

I see this a lot but must admit I think it’s overdone. He’s not a goal scorer.

In largely poor sides his tally so far is a goal every 9 games, approx.

Darren Anderton, every 8.

Steve Macmannamanaman du du de du du mana mana du du di du - 7

Ginola and Giggs - 6

Waddle and Mersin - 5.

Now there are mitigating factors and alternative slants one could put on these stats, but they are true.

Each of those players ( in my view) was in some ways similar to Jack - ALL played, for the majority of their careers, in far far better teams than Jack has.

Hes scored 14 goals in 125 odd games - had he scored just 4 more he’d be level with Mac a.m.

So' yes, a shade more goals, but not essential in my humble opinion

• Like 1

1 hour ago, privateer said:

Well, you've got me convinced. He's not worth a Prem team buying yet, he's neither good enough or presenting good value. :lol:

So, he stays :thumb:

Let's continue this discussion when transfer window closes next week ?

Â