The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Levy needs to realise that to do a deal you have to make a bid that is acceptable to the club who he wants to sell the player to mighty Spurs. He does not and that suits me fine.  

• Like 4

You could argue that Grealish is worth close to £170m... For without him, I think we write off any chance of promotion this season. Not just the player, but the feeling amongst the squad and attracting loanees.

Doesn't mean we're guaranteed to go up with him mind. So it's where you find that line between value and a gamble. If I was in charge I'd only sell him if it completely solved our FFP issues. Anything else is worth gambling on.

• Like 1

Dunno why people are saying Bruce said he can leave for 35m. 

I watched the interview and he clearly says no one is for sale. If someone wants a player, they'll have to pay a premium that the owners are happy with. 

I bet neymar was not for sale till psg offered 200m, everyone has a price. 

• Like 2

I'm wondering whether in a strange way ffp may be helping us in keeping jack here.

Spurs obviously don't want to part with a large outlay of cash especially since we would probably demand it up front to sate the deficit in one go. 

I'd also guess that they would like to use players as a part exchange but again this would be of no use for our problems.

It's a rake load of cash or nothing Mr levy...and I'm not sure he will do it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Dunno why people are saying Bruce said he can leave for 35m. 

I watched the interview and he clearly says no one is for sale. If someone wants a player, they'll have to pay a premium that the owners are happy with. 

I bet neymar was not for sale till psg offered 200m, everyone has a price. 

Every player has there price. What he meant was we were not desperate anymore.

44 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Easy... £40m or FRO!

If you are happy to roll over at £30m Dem that then I am dissapointed.

He is worth more to us than £30m Dem, he is priceless imo.

We are getting real and even though we are not yet a premier league club - we also shouldn't allow ourselves to be bullied by them either and roll over at the first offer.

Means sod all anyway #Jack is staying.

No championship player is worth 40m lets be honest guys

1 hour ago, sne said:

At least when we do it to the lesser teams in the Championship we pay well over the odds for their prized assets.

Nearly sent ourselves in to administration in the process though.

Crazy thing is that they became our immediate rivals from the moment we were relegated, and we should not be being generous or negligent in negotiations, we should be finding the middle ground. They are no longer lesser teams than us.

Leeds is no longer greater than any other Championship regular outfit, are they? They could be. They have the history and the population, just like us. So it can happen.

Our purchase of Championship players is in extreme contrast to the Chelsea/Spurs in for Grealish situation, on one hand you have a skint team paying way over what it can afford, on the other you have a rich team paying well below what it can afford. Both are consequence of our management failing.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Er, no, that is patently untrue. If you said no Champ player is worth a £40m fee to another Champ club you might get agreement on that.

Premiership players of £40m are commonplace now so if a Prem club wants to buy a player to play in the Prem then the rate is Prem rate.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Possibly not Dem, but being honest we are an exception and we have a highly rated player who is "Supposedly" wanted by 2 of the top 5 clubs in England.

He is obviously not just any championship player imho.

37 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't really understand this argument. If we got promoted last year would he be worth £40m then just because we were in the Premier League without kicking a ball?

A player is worth what a club dictates he's worth to them. Villa obviously see a lot of potential in Jack and likely think he could be the difference between getting promoted or not, if we sell him, we won't be able to replace him with a player of the same quality/potential. So if Jack could be the difference between getting promoted or not, which would bring us in £100m+, maybe we should have an asking price of that? :D :P 

I agree with this completely. Especially considering I've just read Liverpool was £20m for Ings despite the fact they bought him for £6.5m and he's had two seasons on the sidelines and then played about 5 games last season. He's worth that amount because that's now the going rate for players, whether they've played in the Premier League is irrelevant, it's whether they WILL play in it. 

4 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I agree with this completely. Especially considering I've just read Liverpool was £20m for Ings despite the fact they bought him for £6.5m and he's had two seasons on the sidelines and then played about 5 games last season. He's worth that amount because that's now the going rate for players, whether they've played in the Premier League is irrelevant, it's whether they WILL play in it. 

Its that big club glitter. Players like Ings and Rojo have massively increased in perceived value whilst simultaneous have decreased in ability shown. Its probably one of the reasons the Levy was interested in Jack. Get him for 15m, next season worth 30-50m even without performing regularly, using their football 'brand' to effectively print money. Chelsea are experts. Such a tactic is an even more pertinent for FFP now with how clubs utilise amortisation of players as assets. 

• Like 1

Â