The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, other than Benteke we haven't had a saleable asset since our midfield was ripped apart about 6-7 years ago.

Everyone has a price but I've no idea what Jack is worth, surely we wouldn't sell under 20 million but I would honestly rather keep what could be our best player in years.

46 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I just don’t see it. 

If I'm playing for the team I support and they have a very realistic chance of being promoted next season (assuming we don’t go up this time round), why would I join a West Ham/Burnley/Bournemouth/Leicester type club purely because they’re in the Premier League? I could understand if a top club came knocking, but just any old PL side? I don’t see it happening. 

It would be progession. You shine at a club in  the Premier league you then get noticed. That's when you get your big move. Think Cahill after a few seasons at Bolton as one of many examples. 

Also do you really think we have a realistic chance of promotion next season? 

24 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We would be stupid to accept it. £25 million could not replace him and that amount would make little difference to us

See where you're coming from but 25 mil could buy us some top centre halves  for this level. Something we will desperately need next season. 

I think a lot of it depends on FFP. If we are still hampered by it then we'd have to sell. 

43 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We would be stupid to accept it. £25 million could not replace him and that amount would make little difference to us

Grealish alone will not get us promoted. He has bags of potential however he needs good players around him to get the best out of. If we fail ffp we will have to sell our better players and grealish I think wont be able to get us where we want to go.

With 25m we keep in line ffp can keep the main part of the team and strength with some quality around. Instead of signing cheap deals with whelan and Taylor we can get a decent left back a cm some can. More of a team which i think you need more in this league than one star player.

It's a tough one but as a championship club we woukd have no choice but to cash if a 25m bid was made if we don't go up. That is the sad reality of staying in this league.

People say they enjoy staying here as its fun to win. But it wont be fun when all our better players are getting poached by premier league clubs who can offer more money.

Premier league is where its at. 

Any players price tag should be set on the importance of the player in the team and the value in comparison to buying a replacement.

For us Grealish is our best player currently, and in today's market 20 - 25 million wouldn't buy us a replacement of the same calibre. Especially not a future England international.

How many years does Grealish have on his contract? For me if we don't go up we should just play hard ball for another season as we will need him.

Just now, wilko154 said:

Any players price tag should be set on the importance of the player in the team and the value in comparison to buying a replacement.

For us Grealish is our best player currently, and in today's market 20 - 25 million wouldn't buy us a replacement of the same calibre. Especially not a future England international.

How many years does Grealish have on his contract? For me if we don't go up we should just play hard ball for another season as we will need him.

We dont know for sure if grealish will be  a future england international. i think he only has two years left so it would be madness not to sell if a offer in that region comes in if we dont go up. 

I'd take £5m just so I could pretend that it's 2002 and football isn't broken anymore. :(  

In reality we have to look at future value, playing value, marketability (he's gonna be our star face for a number of years if he stays, being a local lad an all that).

So I'd say he's easily worth 1 carabao cup, Ronaldo's right testicle, Messi's arse hair and a snippet of veal. 

and the money it takes for Sky to get 2 football packages for 3 years. 

25m?

No chance. Double it. I'm not even joking.

Even then i'd hesitate. What's the point? We're not going to replace him even with 50m. We'd end up buying more McCormacks and Hogans. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I think some people are really crazy if they think 25m is a bad deal for a guy with two years left on his contract 

he is a championship player. how many championship players have gone on for more than 30m?

It all completely depends if he wants to go, or if he's willing to sign a new contract with a good pay rise. 

But even so, what's more likely going to get us promoted? 25m or having Grelaish playing for us for 2 years. 

I'd say having Grealish playing. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think some people are really crazy if they think 25m is a bad deal for a guy with two years left on his contract 

he is a championship player. how many championship players have gone on for more than 30m?

He is worth more to us than the money a transfer would generate.

We would be unable in our present state, to attract a player of his calibre......we must hope nepotism reigns.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

People are in fantasy with their valuations LOL, can't replace him with £50m? What a load of nonsense.

The likelyhood of us being able to replace him with a better player whilst being a Championship club is surely slim? Especially given our track record with transfers....

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The likelyhood of us being able to replace him with a better player whilst being a Championship club is surely slim? Especially given our track record with transfers....

I dont believe that. for 25m we can actually get a half decent DM a solid CB another LB and a solid keeper

For 25m we can get some quality as a championship club. Build a better team than having a few star individuals

grealish will not sign a new deal if we are in the championship so guys get real :)

Edited by Demitri_C

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont believe that. for 25m we can actually get a half decent DM a solid CB another LB and a solid keeper

For 25m we can get some quality as a championship club. Build a better team than having a few star individuals

grealish will not sign a new deal if we are in the championship so guys get real :)

The assumption that we would spend the money wisely is something to seriously consider. 

• Like 1

Â