The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Jack is a big fish in a medium sized pool at the moment. Would he want to become a small one in a slightly bigger one? As one of our own, I would like to think he is more likely to sign a new contract with us than press for a move to somewhere like West Ham. Lets not worry just yet promotion might be just around the corner and we might be the ones shopping for players of the quality of Jack in the next transfer window to play alongside him.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John said:

Jack is a big fish in a medium sized pool at the moment. Would he want to become a small one in a slightly bigger one? As one of our own, I would like to think he is more likely to sign a new contract with us than press for a move to somewhere like West Ham. Lets not worry just yet promotion might be just around the corner and we might be the ones shopping for players of the quality of Jack in the next transfer window to play alongside him.  

When they come to sign Jack on a new contract, all they have to do is take him down Roman Rd and say " That is Gabby's House" can you do better than that.

Yes Jack, I thought you could......very minimum son.

Sign There...................................

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It would be progession. You shine at a club in  the Premier league you then get noticed. That's when you get your big move. Think Cahill after a few seasons at Bolton as one of many examples. 

Also do you really think we have a realistic chance of promotion next season? 

The Cahill example isn't the same as a] he isn't a Villa fan and b] he wasn't a guaranteed, first choice player (albeit, it was a mistake to let him go).  Sure, it worked out for him and he's done well, just as I'm sure it would for Grealish, but is there really that much of a pull for the player to leave first choice football at the club he supports with realistic ambitions of being promoted just to be at any old Premier League club?  I'm just not convinced of the attraction given all that.

And hell yes - of course we have a realistic chance of promotion next season.  You don't think we do?!

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

The assumption that we would spend the money wisely is something to seriously consider. 

Thats a valid point but if we go on thinking like that we will never spend any money. We have had some good buys like kodjia chster hourihane adomah etc and some bad hogan mccormack tishbola. luckily most of our crap buys were under di matteo 

We’re a very ordinary side when he’s not playing or isn’t at his best. I dread to think what we’d be like without him. When Bruce said he wanted to build the side around him at the start of the season, I scoffed...along with many others

Well now he is our most crucial & creative player. That’s how far he’s come this season imo

Do not Sell!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bobzy said:

And hell yes - of course we have a realistic chance of promotion next season.  You don't think we do?!

I have no idea. If the FFP situation is as bad the reports suggest then how much can we strengthen? On top of that we will most likely lose Snodgrass and Terry. 

Then we have to try and keep hold of Chester and even then need 2 more players for cover at centre half. 

Adomah being one year older is unlikely to have a season like this one again.

Unless Taylor steps up we need 2 new lbs.

Are we really going to be stronger than this year to suggest we wil do better next year?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

People are in fantasy with their valuations LOL, can't replace him with £50m? What a load of nonsense.

Mahrez cost around £800k and is now one the best players in the Premier league. 

Hidden gems are out there. Not so easy to find them.

• Like 1

On 17/04/2018 at 20:54, villa4europe said:

Why? 

Dont think £20m is enough and im not sure jack would exactly bite their hand off

Hopefully we think we will get more and the player himself thinks someone bigger will come in

Out of the top 6 they are one of the best teams. It would be the best he could hope for at this stage of his career. 

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You think he'd spend another year in the championship?  I'd be surprised if he did that. 

I think he’d spend a year in the Championship with us rather than a year in the prem with Leicester. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â