The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

See I think we have some intelligent players, Adomah, McCormack a day Kodjia. You could maybe argue amavi and ayew also. I don't buy the player thing stu. I don't think he has put enough effort in. He gets fouled a lot and when tht starts happening he loses his head abit.

I think he needs to like bruce said just get on with it. For me he hasn't hadded many great gAmes for us this season thus far.

He links up well with McCormack but he hasn't played that many games this season, he tends to play on the left so will never really link up much with adomah, kodjia and ayew hardly ever pass and he links well with amavi.

He definitely needs to stop his temper as it can cause him to disappear at times but I still think the main issue is the lack of quality around him. If we set up something like this it would benefit him and get more out of him:

Jedi

Adomah---Tish---Lansbury---Grealish

McCormack 

Thats providing we get Lansbury but I think there is a decent team there that would tear this league apart, especially when Kodjia is back

30 minutes ago, blandy said:

Grrrr. Why I oughta! :rant:

I have a PC with a faulty keyboard, an iPad with a mind of its own and a computer at home that behaves itself. I do currently be on the one with the faulty keyboard.

and I can't type very well 

You also appear to be channelling Captain Blackbeard today. :)

35 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

He links up well with McCormack but he hasn't played that many games this season, he tends to play on the left so will never really link up much with adomah, kodjia and ayew hardly ever pass and he links well with amavi.

He definitely needs to stop his temper as it can cause him to disappear at times but I still think the main issue is the lack of quality around him. If we set up something like this it would benefit him and get more out of him:

Jedi

Adomah---Tish---Lansbury---Grealish

McCormack 

Thats providing we get Lansbury but I think there is a decent team there that would tear this league apart, especially when Kodjia is back

Looks like a solid team but I fear with that side if jedinak has a stinker like he has most of the season I think we will struggle to win the ball back. I just think Grealish has far more quality than he is demonstrating at the moment.  Sometimes I see some of his play as really lazy.

The game against Liverpool in cup semi was his greatest performance under us. But how many more times has he put performances like that? I would have thought he would have teared this league apart like Ritchie has. But he has been average to poor I feel most of the season

15 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Playing AM in a hoofball set-up you are never going to look very good. Who was Grealish meant to pick out today? Agbonlahor? The lack of running and lack of possession and complete isolation that Grealish faced and indeed faces regularly makes his job pretty difficult.

Agree but disagree.  It wasn't the greatest game for him to showcase much as we played defensively and set up to frustrate the opposition rather than create much.  However, when Grealish did get the ball, he rarely looked for Amavi/Adomah (or was it Bacuna?) on the overlap, much preferring to cut inside on his right and dribble into a Spurs player.

Someone said he wins a lot of free kicks, which is great, but worries me.  He won one against a Spurs defender who literally ran alongside him and Grealish fell over - it was never a foul!  He was dispossessed more than anyone else in our team; which shows he gets the ball a lot, but also highlights that he rarely does anything with it.

He's still learning and clearly has talent but he needs to learn to us it for the benefit of the team.  This isn't the Jack Grealish show.  And stop **** chatting with the opposition at half time and concentrate on the game.

I think our lack of movement combined with Spurs having one of the best pressing games in the country meant that any creative players were going to struggle yesterday.

I wouldn't be too hard on Jack for a lack of performance yesterday.

To get the best out of Jack and McCormack, I'd be tempted to go 352 

Johnstone

Chester Baker Elphick

Bacuna                        Amavi

Jedinak Tish

Grealish McCormack 

Gabby

Its a bit harsh on Adomah as he's been good this season, but he could come on after an hour and run at tired fullbacks. I just think with this we still get some width from the wing backs, and Grealish and McCormack in my eyes would pull the defence for Gabby to run in behind. Obviously replace gabby with Kodjia when back

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The movement offered by Adomah, Gabby, Amavi etc was fine for a change. Grealish simply didn't do his job properly yesterday. 

It wasn't. Adomah spent most of his time tracking the Spuds wide player, Gabby sort of ran around a bit, but he wan't making runs for through balls, and to be fair, Villa as a team were not often in a position where we were controlling play in the Spurs half. On the occasions we were, briefly, SPurs marked very well, and Gabby as outnumbered. Amavi, yes, to a degree, in terms of showing for overlaps.

Creatively there was veey ittle from Villa, and while I agree JG did get caught on the ball a bit too often, he really didn't have options most of the time. WHere he went wrong, perhaps was that in the absence of options, instead of laying off to someone else, he too often tried to take the man on and had the ball snaffled away.

Then again, Spurs did the same to Chelsea's players the other day, too. They might not have put out the same strength side, but the SPurs effort and endeavour was good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Looks like a solid team but I fear with that side if jedinak has a stinker like he has most of the season I think we will struggle to win the ball back. I just think Grealish has far more quality than he is demonstrating at the moment.  Sometimes I see some of his play as really lazy.

The game against Liverpool in cup semi was his greatest performance under us. But how many more times has he put performances like that? I would have thought he would have teared this league apart like Ritchie has. But he has been average to poor I feel most of the season

That was definitely his best game mate. I think Ritchie has looked good because he is in a good team.

I think we can agree that he has bags of talent, but needs to be consistent which I think he will when we have a few more players on his wave length.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wafting around like an empty crisp packet in the wind today. Terrible. And he did have plenty of opportunities to release the ball quicker or take a shot, he generally ran into a Spurs player instead and lost it. 

Disappointing and he'll know it. 

My worry is Dave.....does he care?

On 1/9/2017 at 15:46, Grasshopper said:

Asomah  McCormack  Grealish

Kodjia/New CF

or

Adomah        Grealish        Kodjia

A Beast

is the way to go

but we'd need a complete new MF for it to work

I heard this Asomah is explosive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No-one cares more than Jack Grealish, maybe me but I know I'm a different kettle of fish

A bold statement in this day and age. I'm not quite so sure. If he does care, it's not showing. 

7 minutes ago, vreitti said:

A bold statement in this day and age. I'm not quite so sure. If he does care, it's not showing. 

Give the young man a break, so much potential there, it's up to him to deliver, I think he will at this football club in time

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Tbf I don't know what will be worse the fact him not delivering or the number of villa fans who will queue up to say I told you so

the number of people waiting for him to fail is nuts

The lack of time a seemingly large section of fans have for our young players and the learning process astounds me - it seems like they are expected to be perfect from the off when in reality, players often take time to develop to the level required.

Â