The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I just wonder how he would be in a better team?  Would he better or just ordinary because apart from that semi final never seen him do that much really considering the hype.  You would think he is the next Messi or something!

On 1/11/2017 at 22:00, Woodytom said:

Thought he was ok v spurs. Always looking to go forward..... not his fault that the options ahead were zero.

Him and Johnstone were our best players I felt.

Is it strange that he was in the starting line up against Spurs? I'd have thought if initial game plan is to sit back and try and frustrate a 'superior' opponent, it's not really playing to his strengths and he'd be better off the bench when you're trying to nick a goal in the 2nd half.

10 hours ago, villarocker said:

He's a show pony. No quality or end product. The kid appears to be talented but he needs to apply himself more. 

Couldn't agree more. Offers nothing. 

Once every 5 games or more he does something good, just enough to keep everyone hoping and believing he's some mercurial talent that will come good eventually. Unfortunately the truth is 90% of the time he doesn't offer enough or have enough end product. To caught up in his own hype and gets an easy ride off many fans because he's a local lad. 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Again we as a team are playing utter **** garbage, can't keep the ball in midfield, got no movement and awful control up front, complete and utter shit show...and people are angry that a 21 year old can't come on and turn the game round by himself...

its not happening, the expectations of him are seriously wrong, there were a couple of times last night where he drifted 20 yards across the pitch on the edge of the final 3rd just looking for something and there's absolutely nothing on for him, we are ridiculously easy to defend against, Jack isn't going to change that by beating 4 of them and smashing it in from 30 yards, the front men moving and Jack finding them will change that

we are as a team are more to blame than Jack himself

I tend to agree with this, he isn't the kind of player than can blast through half a team with pace and power. Players like Grealish have to use the movement of other players to make gaps for them, waiting for defenders to make movements that they're going to go with a man making a run or rush into making a challenge and then use good feet to beat them. Any decent quick full back who stands up Jack, won't get beat by him 1v1. Juan Mata and David Silva don't beat players with pace and power, they would look half the players they are in this team, and don't think for one second I'm saying Jack is anywhere near those two at the moment.

• Like 1

iniesta would have looked shit in a 30 minute sub appearance for us last night, we have no strikers moving in front of him, we have no midfielder willing to run past him, we usually have hutton and amavi for width but no one within 10 yards of them so if he passes out wide then they have nothing on either

its not just jack its a complete inability to attack

He was only too happy to pass the ball off to Hutton when he made overlapping runs rather than use it as a decoy, Green came on and showed how its done. He should be so much better at this point in his career and it cant of been good for his development being around this team the past few seasons but it is what it is and the truth is he an average championship player with a shit attitude.

• Like 2

Just watched MOTD - the Everton vs Man City highlights.

So impressed with the energy and enthusiasm of Tom Davies. He looked like he'd run himself into the ground at the end. He was shattered. He looked head and shoulders above the expensive City team.

My immediate thought was of Grealish and how little he's produced even in the Championship.

Tom Davies is the definition of a prospect. He just showed how lazy and unproductive Grealish is.

• Like 1

I have noticed that everything slows down whenever he gets the ball.  Its like everybody goes into slow motion mode.  I have only ever seen him play well and that was that semi final.  Other than that and scoring against Wigan there hasn't been anything and David Beckham he is certainly not!!!

On 10/01/2017 at 22:39, villa4europe said:

Tbf I don't know what will be worse the fact him not delivering or the number of villa fans who will queue up to say I told you so

the number of people waiting for him to fail is nuts

On 11/01/2017 at 09:57, lexicon said:

The lack of time a seemingly large section of fans have for our young players and the learning process astounds me - it seems like they are expected to be perfect from the off when in reality, players often take time to develop to the level required.

I'm calling BS on all this - no one "wants him to fail", but he's not some wet-behind-the-ears kid anymore - he's had 90 first class appearances and he appears to be going backwards. If he was a quarter of the player that his promoters would have us beleive, he would be commanding a first team spot and ripping up the championship.

He has some ability - he can control a ball and can beat a man in a tight spot but the end product is just not there. He's a player without a position - he's not quick enough to player up top or out wide and he's not hard-working enough to command a midfield spot. If he was as good as some say it might be worth building a team around him in the number ten spot but he's not good enough and so it won't happen

Not a patch on Albrighton at the same age. The idea that PL clubs are waiting in the wings to sign him is laughable - i'd take any serious offer. The new Barry Bannan

• Like 1

Â