The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, villarocker said:

Totally agree mate, he's scored a great goal and that's pretty much his contribution to this season. The kid just isn't as good as he and lots of others think he is. 

Well I've seen every game live this season and seen 3 great goals plus several assists. He falls over a lot admittedly, but gets no protection, do people like you deliberately go against our own 'products' Either way you and others are the negative whiners that should stay away from VP, too many with a preset to moan regardless 

Edited by Mammoth10

24 minutes ago, Mammoth10 said:

Well I've seen every game live this season and seen 3 great goals plus several assists. He falls over a lot admittedly, but gets no protection, do people like you deliberately go against our own 'products' Either way you and others are the negative whiners that should stay away from VP, too many with a preset to moan regardless 

Whilst I agree with you that he has done some stuff well at times he does need to start being more consistent. He has been disappearing in games lately and he needs to address this. I am a big fan of grealish and think it will benefit him with the likes of Lansbury and Hourihane coming in along with green starting to play now and Kodjia back soon. Hopefully we start to see the side of grealish that makes us rave about him so much, as he has shown at times that he has the potential to be great

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

Whilst I agree with you that he has done some stuff well at times he does need to start being more consistent. He has been disappearing in games lately and he needs to address this. I am a big fan of grealish and think it will benefit him with the likes of Lansbury and Hourihane coming in along with green starting to play now and Kodjia back soon. Hopefully we start to see the side of grealish that makes us rave about him so much, as he has shown at times that he has the potential to be great

Can't argue with that response at all. Really do think he'll thrive even more with the appropriate quality around him, ironically I think his work rate and getting back to challenge/tackle has improved, but admittedly we want to see what he does in a more creative/positive manner, he's been playing with some real jokers over his career, I think that will become apparent alongside better quality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mammoth10 said:

I'm not preset on moaning at all. I just think the lad is not living up to the hype that so many have made about him. When he does he will get the praise he deserves but, whilst he churns out average performances where he makes poor decisions that cost us chances I'll feel free to question him, regardless of whether he's homegrown or from Timbuktu. 

• Like 3

He got himself into some great positions today but his decision making/final ball was diabolical more often than not. I also think he wanted a little too long on the ball at times and went down a little too easy and whinged a little too much again.

With the amount of involvement he did have in the game we needed more from him. He has shown he can do much better but he has to show it more consistently as in fairness if he can then he is head and shoulders above most in this division. He has to start showing it though as once in every half a dozen games isn't enough. It is so frustrating.

• Like 4

He's been disappointing but i'm not giving up on him being a star for us yet. I hope that the presence of Lansbury and Hourihane will give him a real kick up the arse and show him how to put his mark on a game.

With the return of Kodjia too I think the pressure will be relieved a little and he can thrive.

I hope.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He got himself into some great positions today but his decision making/final ball was diabolical more often than not. I also think he wanted a little too long on the ball at times and went down a little too easy and whinged a little too much again.

To me mate that describes pretty much every game he plays. 

so can this guy actually press and actually mark passing lanes yet or? Laughably terrible last year....just wondering if any improvement in his game defensively. (which does make a difference offensive) 

Edited by gharperr

1 minute ago, gharperr said:

so can this guy actually press and actually mark passing lanes yet or? Laughably terrible last year....just wondering if any improvement in his game defensively. (which does make a difference offensive) 

I would say the defensive side of his game has improved massively this season. I think for that reason he can play as part of a 3 man midfield now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

He really needs to get his act together, frustates the life out of me. He will find himself at a club half way down the championship if hes not careful

3 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

He really needs to get his act together, frustates the life out of me. He will find himself at a club half way down the championship if hes not careful

You can say that again UA

• Like 2

For me he's not a number 10.

Id have him out on the left. Get him settled into one position. He can focus on crossing and dribbling into the box, winning free kicks and pens. Also if he's in that same position, it will make it harder for teams to take turns fouling him.  Most RBs will be sent off by the end.

Some behind me in the Holte were giving him abuse yesterday, telling him to get up. There was a 10 minute period where whenever he got the ball they fouled him! What's he supposed to do? I'd get pissed off as well. He gets kicked off the park every week. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, philgetaway said:

For me he's not a number 10.

Id have him out on the left. Get him settled into one position. He can focus on crossing and dribbling into the box, winning free kicks and pens. Also if he's in that same position, it will make it harder for teams to take turns fouling him.  Most RBs will be sent off by the end.

Some behind me in the Holte were giving him abuse yesterday, telling him to get up. There was a 10 minute period where whenever he got the ball they fouled him! What's he supposed to do? I'd get pissed off as well. He gets kicked off the park every week. 

I do t think he has the pace for the left. I'd like to see him work had on becoming a central player. Although in regards to the number 10 role - he seems to play better with Kodjia in the team, they link well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Apart from creating a goal. 

Scores approx once every 20 games and contributes to a goal about once every ten. Not enough for someone who offers nothing defensively. He should be ripping up the Championship. He's had 90 first class appearances and the old "he's still learning" line is beginning to wear thin

• Like 2

Just now, VillaCas said:

Scores approx once every 20 games and contributes to a goal about once every ten. Not enough for someone who offers nothing defensively. He should be ripping up the Championship. He's had 90 first class appearances and the old "he's still learning" line is beginning to wear thin

He's not doing enough. I 100% agree. He should be doing a lot more at this level and he's not kept up his early season promise. For me, after a few signings he wouldn't be in the starting 11 until his performances pick up. 

I was just disagreeing with the post that said all show and no substance. Yesterday, there was little show and a poor performance but he did create the opening goal with a lovely pass. He also put in a great ball across the box in the first half that no one bothered to attack. 

Â