The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Southgate said: “It’s interesting that last summer I spent the whole summer getting hammered for not picking him, now I’m being told I shouldn’t be picking him, but that’s my world.”

Is he OK? :crylaugh:

Because he played well last year?

Because he's on the bench now.

Chump of chumps.

There's not a team in the Premier League who would want him as manager.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

It’s pretty pathetic coming from the national team manager. 

We all know it shouldn’t matter which team our internationals come from, as long as they are in-form and playing well but we all know its a major factor when selection is made. 

Smacks of elitist nonsense and marketing money. Southgate is a puppet for the FA and still bears a slight grudge against Villa (I blame the fan who scratched his car outside Sutton Barclays when he revealed he was leaving for Boro’) 

The fact that Grealish has had a poor season (by his standards) and is now a shoe-in for the squad speaks volumes - that and Harry Maguire getting the nod too is utterly baffling but not at all surprising 

Also what is this “data” that shows that Maguire is best defender in PL? Different from the data that goes in my eyes that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

At least he admits it now the absolute bell-whiff

Waistcoat seems like a thoroughly decent man off the pitch - I thank him for standing up against racism. 

When it comes to the football however he’s the ultimate lottery ticket winning manager. Utter managerial fraud. We all knew it. It’s just nice to read it in writing. He doesn’t want creativity or players that will turn to match winners on a whim with their brilliance like we all know Jack can do. He’s just happy with his off the ball work and ability to create chances for full backs. How much are City paying him? He’s the ultimate Yes man. And it’s why England won’t ever deliver, because he won’t trust his players to change a game outside of his awful tactics. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Also what is this “data” that shows that Maguire is best defender in PL? Different from the data that goes in my eyes that’s for sure. 

Most Premier League goals conceded by headlocking your own team mate 

Oh and plays for Manchester United 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, regular_john said:

I don't get the Southgate hate (South-hate?). He got us our first semi final in 30 odd years and our first final in 50 odd. Yes, he made mistakes and should have done better in those big games, but he's still the most successful manager we've had since Alf Ramsey.

And he rocks a mean waistcoat.

He didn’t play Jacky boy enough and hates Villa apparently.

Edited by jim

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

At least he admits it now the absolute bell-whiff

From the same article: Southgate said: “It’s interesting that last summer I spent the whole summer getting hammered for not picking him, now I’m being told I shouldn’t be picking him, but that’s my world.”

yeah- he was in amazing form last year and he’s in bad form this year. It’s not that difficult Gareth:you should pick players based on who’s in form. Shall I say it slower for you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

More proof it's what team you play for over form.

He is such a FA bum licker  can't stand his physho babble interviews, it's just bol****s.

As for standing up for racism,  as someone mentioned above. What the hell do you think he is going to do. Everyone else, even the most on the fence manager would do the same. He's a FA spokesman, more than he is a football manager. He'd be useless in the Premier league. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jim said:

He didn’t play Jacky boy enough and hates Villa apparently.

Things aren't always as simplistic as you think they are. There are plenty of genuine reasons to not be a fan of Southgate.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:
2 hours ago, JPJCB said:

It’s not that difficult Gareth:you should pick players based on who’s in form.

Is that actually the best way to pick the team?

No it isnt. Otherwise a national manager would just pick whichever Tom, Dick or Harry is having a purple patch for their club. This in the past has failed miserably and resulted in caps for Francis Jeffers, Michael Ricketts, Kevin Davies, Jay Bothroyd, David Nugent etc etc.

People were calling for Kane to be dropped before he came good at Euro 2020 and going back a little bit, Alan Shearer hadnt scored for England in 12 games before Euro 96.

You pick the team you think will give you the best chance of winning the game you're about to play, its just that simple. It could be a different the game after, even if you win 4-0.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

No it isnt. Otherwise a national manager would just pick whichever Tom, Dick or Harry is having a purple patch for their club. This in the past has failed miserably and resulted in caps for Francis Jeffers, Michael Ricketts, Kevin Davies, Jay Bothroyd, David Nugent etc etc.

People were calling for Kane to be dropped before he came good at Euro 2020 and going back a little bit, Alan Shearer hadnt scored for England in 12 games before Euro 96.

You pick the team you think will give you the best chance of winning the game you're about to play, its just that simple. It could be a different the game after, even if you win 4-0.

I couldn't agree more. Picking players for England based purely on form is the equivalent of buying whatever shares have gone up in value this month. With the same outcome - subpar returns. 

It's a rubbish criticism of Southgate. 

Â