The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, jim said:

He didn’t play Jacky boy enough and hates Villa apparently.

Ooo you don't mind Southgate either!

Would he have got the Gerrard canonization treatment if he'd replaced Smith?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Ooo you don't mind Southgate either!

Would he have got the Gerrard canonization treatment if he'd replaced Smith?

Most successful England manager since Sir Alf, what’s not to like?

6 minutes ago, jim said:

Most successful England manager since Sir Alf, what’s not to like?

Where do we start?

Tactics lost us the final.

Chooses his favorites, over players who can actually destroy teams.

Draw at Scotland when it was a easy win, had he chose to win it.

FA spokes person, like a teachers pet

Talks pyscho babble bull****, like he is smart, when really he just reads books

You will never see this England team play at 100%, an show the world how we can destroy teams.

We will not win anything with him in charge, I would put my house on it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Tim Sherwood would have won the Euros with England. Dean Smith would have. Steven Gerrard would have. There was nothing to play against except Spain and France and they got knocked out.

Italy went into that tournament unbeaten in about 35 international matches or something. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Italy went into that tournament unbeaten in about 35 international matches or something. 

There's very very few difficult games in International football.

England would have beaten them if they'd played more positively.

In my opinion of course.

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Where do we start?

Tactics lost us the final.

Chooses his favorites, over players who can actually destroy teams.

Draw at Scotland when it was a easy win, had he chose to win it.

FA spokes person, like a teachers pet

Talks pyscho babble bull****, like he is smart, when really he just reads books

You will never see this England team play at 100%, an show the world how we can destroy teams.

We will not win anything with him in charge, I would put my house on it.

He knows that the defence is the weakest part of the team so he plays overly defensively 

He also knows that we have a world class attack that can get him out of the shit 

What he doesn't know is how to perfect the balance between the 2 and as a result his football is effective but painful to watch 

Edited by villa4europe

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

They played no one. they draw the more difficult games and struggled to score.

We let a 37 year old Chellini run the show, cause Southgate didn't have the bottle to go full attack. He then thought it would be a good idea to bring on cold and inexperienced players to take penalties, such poor management.

How he thought we could defend for 80 minutes was amateur at best. 6 shots to there 19, with our attacking talent. An no Grealish, when he was on fire.

15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Go on, I'll play. Just to vent.

With an astonishing selection of players available, he picks his favourites and plays Steve Bruce nothing football.

Only two or three times have England have actually played well  at World Cups/Euros under him. That annoys me.

Because he's nicey nicey to the media they report that we play well as we struggle through another 1-0 win against teams we should put six past. It's a very strange relationship.

Tim Sherwood would have won the Euros with England. Dean Smith would have. Steven Gerrard would have. There was nothing to play against except Spain and France and they got knocked out.

Every single word of this is absolute drivel. Which isn’t a surprise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

England had been dogshit for years with some embarrassing and humiliating tournament exists. Southgate comes in, makes the team likeable, something that seemed impossible in years gone by, gets the team 20 minutes from a World Cup final and a penalty shootout away from a European Championship. Something that even the most optimistic England fan wouldn’t have even dreamed of before he came in.

Yet some bitter Villa fans don’t like it because he didn’t play Jack Grealish enough. Something they wouldn’t have given a shit about had he played for anyone else. Hilarious.

Edited by R.Bear

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

England had been dogshit for years with some embarrassing and humiliating tournament exists. Southgate comes in, makes the team likeable, something that seemed impossible in years gone by, gets the team 20 minutes from a World Cup final and a penalty shootout away from a European Championship. Something that even the most optimistic England fan wouldn’t have even dreamed of before he came in.

Yet some bitter Villa fans don’t like it because he didn’t play Jack Grealish enough. Something they wouldn’t have given a shit about had he played for anyone else. Hilarious.

D10C2E11-6F57-4E07-9089-5AD978080E5B.gif.9bdbb4b5b9149ab29f06720a1e2f1ff4.gif

22 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We let a 37 year old Chellini run the show, cause Southgate didn't have the bottle to go full attack. He then thought it would be a good idea to bring on cold and inexperienced players to take penalties, such poor management.

One of the best defenders of his generation Chiellini? And something that managers have done late in games for decades? 

“We should of attacked” some of you think you’re playing Football Manager.

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

One of the best defenders of his generation Chiellini? And something that managers have done late in games for decades? 

“We should of attacked” some of you think you’re playing Football Manager.

If we went back to that euros final and swapped the managers, do you think Italy would still have won?

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So you would have him as Villa manager after Gerrard if he was available?

No, I think he’s a terrible club manager. But that’s irrelevant. He fits perfectly into the England job and his results are superb. If your criticism is that he hasn’t won anything then fair enough. That’s impossibly high expectations for a nation who have been a glorified quarter final team for its entire existence but that’s your opinion. In reality, he couldn’t have done a much better job than he has and every single fan would have bitten your hand off to make a major final in their lifetimes, let alone in 4 years.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

If we went back to that euros final and swapped the managers, do you think Italy would still have won?

I don’t deal with hypotheticals. If Kane had buried that chance at 1-0 against Croatia then England would have made the final.

If Rashford had put his penalty a foot right then England would be European Champions.

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I don’t deal with hypotheticals. If Kane had buried that chance at 1-0 against Croatia then England would have made the final.

If Rashford had put his penalty a foot right then England would be European Champions.

I’ll take that as a no

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

There's very very few difficult games in International football.

I can’t even tell if you’re serious sometimes😂

But you’re right, like say the European Champions who had been unbeaten for years playing a playoff match at home to North Macedonia. An absolute formality.

Â