The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

Southgate would be a great DOF. The actual managing of a game is by far his worst asset.

You say that, but would you have him here as DOF. I certainly would want him anywhere near our club.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You say that, but would you have him here as DOF. I certainly would want him anywhere near our club.

My greatest fear is that Stevie G leaves and we replace him with Southgate. 

Might stop supporting Villa if that happend. 

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Was people that wanted him as manager when Bruce left🤮

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

No chance

He's got a job for life at England and the FA, the talk of which PL team would take him is pointless, he'll still be England manager in the 2030s unless he has an absolute mare and doesn't qualify for the WC before a UK euros which let's be honest won't happen 

And hes already going to go down as the greatest England manager not to win anything, if he does win something he will be number 1, history will judge him by his stats written down on paper and they are very very good, just don't watch his football and you'll be fine 

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No chance

He's got a job for life at England and the FA, the talk of which PL team would take him is pointless, he'll still be England manager in the 2030s unless he has an absolute mare and doesn't qualify for the WC before a UK euros which let's be honest won't happen 

And hes already going to go down as the greatest England manager not to win anything, if he does win something he will be number 1, history will judge him by his stats written down on paper and they are very very good, just don't watch his football and you'll be fine 

If he continues to be boring win f*** all, soon enough the fans will hound him out and will stop going to Wembley. 

20 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If he continues to be boring win f*** all, soon enough the fans will hound him out and will stop going to Wembley. 

They wont

Listen to the commentary during the WC and hear how they will dumb it down to suit the level they perceive the target audience to be 

England has a huge fanbase, not all of them will members of forums or even club team fans and give a shit, they'll turn up every 2 years and see England get a final and a semi final and think Southgate is the bees knees 

And that's before I throw in southgates bosses being the FA, as long as the boxes at Wembley sell out and Nike increase their deal when it's up for renewal they won't give a shit if the football is boring 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2022 at 09:13, HanoiVillan said:

Italy went into that tournament unbeaten in about 35 international matches or something. 

Algeria went 37 unbeaten in the same period, I'm sure England could have dispatched them too. 

With good tactics and team selection I think England could have won that game in normal time.

7 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Grealish dancing onto the stage wearing shades for man city's title celebration party was one of the most cringeworthy things I've seen. Sends a shiver down my spine😩

It was until you see Davis's routine. Looks like his team mates had to actually tell him to calm down.

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

No chance

Yes if he brings home the world cup hes a legend. As much as people wanting Real  Madrid to win the champions league, its a triumph for negative football and will only give Southgate more reason to continue the way he is. 

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes if he brings home the world cup hes a legend. As much as people wanting Real  Madrid to win the champions league, its a triumph for negative football and will only give Southgate more reason to continue the way he is. 

Just the 15 goals in 7 knockout games vs PSG, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool. Complete boredom

Liverpool the attacking entertainers scored fewer goals in the knockout stage and had a much easier draw

Edited by Zatman

Just a thought here but is Jack in danger of becoming a bit of a parody? Just looking in the paper and the stories are about him partying on holiday with d list celebrities. 

let’s be honest this season he hasn’t really been in the papers for his football this season and I think from a personal perspective (not a trophy perspective) his performances have been very poor compared to the previous two seasons. He seems to me to be in danger of getting more paper time for his off the field shambles than what he does on it. 

he is getting paid a fortune every week and picking up trophies for watching his team mates play so I doubt he cares but i do wonder if we are seeing a wasted talent being driven by a poor greedy agent.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Just a thought here but is Jack in danger of becoming a bit of a parody? Just looking in the paper and the stories are about him partying on holiday with d list celebrities. 

let’s be honest this season he hasn’t really been in the papers for his football this season and I think from a personal perspective (not a trophy perspective) his performances have been very poor compared to the previous two seasons. He seems to me to be in danger of getting more paper time for his off the field shambles than what he does on it. 

he is getting paid a fortune every week and picking up trophies for watching his team mates play so I doubt he cares but i do wonder if we are seeing a wasted talent being driven by a poor greedy agent.

Yes. 

Did you hear the forest player interviewed in the changing room? He said his plan to celebrate is to turn into Jack Grealish and this would be the only time he'd know what it's like to be him. 

Most expensive player in league history and after winning the title, he's spoken more about how drunk he was than anything he actually did on the pitch to contribute to it. 

• Like 1

The kid is a rockstar now, he always was locally but now its more global. He loves it, we all called the new Beckham a good few years ago, now its come true and its City who will reap the rewards and not us. We all wanted him to see it through our eyes and help build our club back up to where we feel it should be; but he was always going to act in his own interests and that was the glory and money City will provide, more exposure playing CL, Gucci deal, etc. 

Our magnificent owners did what they could to keep him but he chose the route he did, didnt want “Chilly, Madders’ Lil’ Phil” n them digging him out anymore about being trophyless and everything else. His ego was probably not prepared to put up with it hence the continued looking for a way out the last 3 years. Sad to accept as a fan but its probably how a players mind works, fan or not.

The best way for us to hit back is to be successful ourselves, and show we’ll be better without him than we ever were with him; it certainly seems to have made our owners more determined.

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The kid is a rockstar now, he always was locally but now its more global. He loves it, we all called the new Beckham a good few years ago, now its come true and its City who will reap the rewards and not us. We all wanted him to see it through our eyes and help build our club back up to where we feel it should be; but he was always going to act in his own interests and that was the glory and money City will provide, more exposure playing CL, Gucci deal, etc. 

Our magnificent owners did what they could to keep him but he chose the route he did, didnt want “Chilly, Madders’ Lil’ Phil” n them digging him out anymore about being trophyless and everything else. His ego was probably not prepared to put up with it hence the continued looking for a way out the last 3 years. Sad to accept as a fan but its probably how a players mind works, fan or not.

The best way for us to hit back is to be successful ourselves, and show we’ll be better without him than we ever were with him; it certainly seems to have made our owners more determined.

This some sort of satire? The new Beckham, he is nowhere near that level and he wont get to it. Some on here said he would be Ballon Dor nominated at City but he is further away than before

At the same age as Jack, Bend it like Beckham was released in the cinema and made millions at the box office. 

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This some sort of satire? The new Beckham, he is nowhere near that level and he wont get to it. Some on here said he would be Ballon Dor nominated at City but he is further away than before

At the same age as Jack, Bend it like Beckham was released in the cinema and made millions at the box office. 

Get on it like Grealish is in the works

Beckham was at the biggest club in the country, arguably the world, when he rose to that level, Jack has been slumming it at Villa. Slight difference. You saw the fandom as soon as rocked up with England. Unfortunately, so did City.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Disagree

He's won the league and played in the CL as well as being gifted a starting place in Southgate's England team ahead of the WC

Him not playing as well as he did for us won't mean anything 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

FYI, that movie was not about Beckham

Â