The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

He likes to party. He is a top top player. He will likely play a bigger part at City next season, this season he hasn't been as good as he was at Villa due to different tactics Man City use. 

Can we lock the thread and not accuse the man of coke and guessing be will be retiring at 28?

Nope!

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Also labelling us as Aston Villa all the time for me is a sign he never really was the Villa fan he proclaimed to be as I dont know any fan that calls us the full name  

Or he's trying too hard to show " professionalism " ( Funny he never showed this while basically saying we were shit on International duty in roundabout ways ) or " disconnect himself " from us to show he's all in for City.

Either way, prick moves to me.

Being totally honest, I was never a big fan of him as a person even while he was here.

As a Footballer, yes, but I even thought he had some faults then as well ( Blasphemous to some I know ).

I could possibly say it's because I'm not Birmingham born and bread or anything, but truth be told, I felt more connected to a dope like Gabby than I ever did Jack. So it probably has nothing to do with that.

I was probably more gutted FOR the many Brummies and kids who believed he was deeply " one of us " etc.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I felt more connected to a dope like Gabby

Surprisingly I never connected with Gabby.  I liked him, not connected with him, thought sometimes he was lucky to play so often for us in his career.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or he's trying too hard to show " professionalism " or " disconnect himself " from us to show he's all in for City.

Either way, prick moves to me.

Being totally honest, I was never a big fan of him as a person even while he was here.

As a Footballer, yes, but I even thought he had some faults then as well ( Blasphemous to some I know ).

I could possibly say it's because I'm not Birmingham born and bread or anything, but truth be told, I felt more connected to a dope like Gabby than I ever did Jack. So it probably has nothing to do with that.

I was probably more gutted FOR the many Brummies and kids who believed he was deeply " one of us " etc.

Nah he’s always been a prick. Was just so good could get away it. Never anything sinister about his actions though. He’s just thick as shit. 

As for his drunken antics I don’t think it’s too bad and tbh nobody but City fans would normally watch it. I wouldn’t even know about them had I not decided to visit this thread.  

The insult of a fellow professional at a different club was in bad taste though.  Not sure if Almiron is a mate of Jacks so was just a bit of banter.

• Like 3

My penny's thoughts

Loved him, seeing him on the pitch in the championship, watching him grow into a super talented player

But what an arsehole with those celebrations on the social media

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Surprisingly I never connected with Gabby.  I liked him, not connected with him, thought sometimes he was lucky to play so often for us in his career.

Possibly due to age range, and watching/growing with him as he was coming through.

I was fiercely defensive of him even after he had gone off it and everyone was slagging him off. Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The insult of a fellow professional at a different club was in bad taste though.  Not sure if Almiron is a mate of Jacks so was just a bit of banter.

I believe they bond as English is not the first language of either of them 😛 

Maybe Almiron can start trolling him back by reading an encyclopedia 

• Haha 2

I could be completely wrong about Almiron but he’s always come across as a nice guy that gives everything for Newcastle. If you gonna pick on someone at least choose a player that’s a bit of a word removed.

Plus he looks about 12.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Possibly due to age range, and watching/growing with him as he was coming through.

I was fiercely defensive of him even after he had gone off it and everyone was slagging him off. Lol

Fair dues, we all have players that we back more than we should.  I was even a big Savo Milosevic fan back in the day!

• Like 1

I think his comments about Almirón are shameful, and some of the other bits and pieces I've seen over the last few days make it seem like he's trying too hard, but calling us 'Aston Villa' is a mark of respect and reverence, even more so coming from an actual Villa fan because they know what the name means. You see other fans do it as well, when they want to be extra respectful when speaking of their club they use the full name, see Wolves' fans referring to themselves as Wolverhampton Wanderers, Spurs as Tottenham Hotspurs and so on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I think his comments about Almirón are shameful, and some of the other bits and pieces I've seen over the last few days make it seem like he's trying too hard, but calling us 'Aston Villa' is a mark of respect and reverence, even more so coming from an actual Villa fan because they know what the name means. You see other fans do it as well, when they want to be extra respectful when speaking of their club they use the full name, see Wolves' fans referring to themselves as Wolverhampton Wanderers, Spurs as Tottenham Hotspurs and so on.

Are you from Birmingham? And how we talk?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You reckon City would have spent 100m on him if he wasn’t the best looking of chaps and a bit of a bore?

They are trying to raise their profile however they can. Quality players goes without saying but if they have the right look and profile as well it’s a obviously a bonus. New young City fans will love Jacks antics.

Guardiola wanted him, simple as that.

We all know he isn't the sharpest tool in the box and add some drink and he comes out with stuff like the interview.

I imagine he'll need to invest in some more robust shinpads for Newcastle away next season so that will be a fun match to watch if he's out there.

31 minutes ago, useless said:

There are over 24,000 instances of the name 'Aston Villa' being used on this site.

Maybe Grealish posts a lot 

Edited by Mic09

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yes it seems to also go under the radar he is also a part of the blame for our shit season. Haaland at Dortmund announced he was leaving 2 games before the end of the season and they have so much more time to prepare. Him, his dad and his agent should have really laid the intentions out in April last season as I think we all know a deal was done between them and City. I do feel they tried string us along.

Yeah I agree with this, his antics derailed the season. It was a constant will he stay or will he go scenario, really s*** to do this to the club he supposedly adored, Dean Smith and his teammates.

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

To be honest I felt that way when he was at villa. He's part of the TOWIE generation who are waxing, taking coke and wearing shit clothes every week. They're all knobs as far as I'm concerned and jack is their poster boy. 

Absolutely spot on!

I was always uneasy about his antics, behaviour and general vibe as a role model for the club. Great player no doubt!

Â