The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

32 minutes ago, useless said:

There are over 24,000 instances of the name 'Aston Villa' being used on this site.

Type it in Google you’ll get even more, it doesn’t prove you point.  If you look over all my business documents and emails it says Nicholas but everybody calls me Nick.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Dean Smith sometimes refers to us as Aston Villa, as I said in certain situations to use the full name is a sign of respect.

Nothing to do with respect.

Couldn't be bothered to go through lots of stuff on the website but I did read the interview with Gerrard following the signing of kamara 

Guess how many times he says "Villa" or "the villa"? Because he says "Aston Villa" 6 times 

I'm telling you it's a club marketing and communication thing that they'll all have had media training on 

This is bizarre, abolsutely nothing in it 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yes it seems to also go under the radar he is also a part of the blame for our shit season. Haaland at Dortmund announced he was leaving 2 games before the end of the season and they have so much more time to prepare. Him, his dad and his agent should have really laid the intentions out in April last season as I think we all know a deal was done between them and City. I do feel they tried string us along

As for the Almiron comments they were uncalled for, guy has probably done as much this season as Jack 😛 

Also labelling us as Aston Villa all the time for me is a sign he never really was the Villa fan he proclaimed to be as I dont know any fan that calls us the full name  

Its something that pisses me off that shouldn't. Pundits, people in football, ex players etc that call us Aston Villa rather than Villa. Like as if we're going to get confused with Villareal or something.

Someone like Ray Parlour, "Aston Villa have got Spurs and City in their next 2 matches." 

Oh right 'City' ye cheers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Couldn't be bothered to go through lots of stuff on the website but I did read the interview with Gerrard following the signing of kamara 

Guess how many times he says "Villa" or "the villa"? Because he says "Aston Villa" 6 times 

I'm telling you it's a club marketing and communication thing that they'll all have had media training on 

We aren’t talking about Gerrard mate!

Back to this, It’s not an issue, it’s just funny!

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or he's trying too hard to show " professionalism " ( Funny he never showed this while basically saying we were shit on International duty in roundabout ways ) or " disconnect himself " from us to show he's all in for City.

Either way, prick moves to me.

Being totally honest, I was never a big fan of him as a person even while he was here.

As a Footballer, yes, but I even thought he had some faults then as well ( Blasphemous to some I know ).

I could possibly say it's because I'm not Birmingham born and bread or anything, but truth be told, I felt more connected to a dope like Gabby than I ever did Jack. So it probably has nothing to do with that.

I was probably more gutted FOR the many Brummies and kids who believed he was deeply " one of us " etc.

You had the like from me, it was set in stone, until you brought up Gabby ;)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Haven’t visited this thread for a while but I see he is still being defended staunchly.  

I find it strange that people on VillaTalk are surprised that fellow villa fans are defending another Villa fan who played for the club for nearly 20 years at various levels and was one of the best players we've ever had in the premier league era, guiding us to promotion and helping keep us in the Premier League.

I wonder why some people have some affection for him? Weird!

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Fits right in in this thread.

I think Jack could get a villa tattoo on his face and people would moan that he'd used the new badge and not the old badge

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I find it strange that people on VillaTalk are surprised that fellow villa fans are defending another Villa fan who played for the club for nearly 20 years at various levels and was one of the best players we've ever had in the premier league era, guiding us to promotion and helping keep us in the Premier League.

I wonder why some people have some affection for him? Weird!

There’s affection then there’s defending him like he’s your brother 🤣 

• Like 3

He left earlier than Milner didn't he? Barry saga to Liverpool in summer 2008 was also incredibly tedious but he stayed and we finished 6th.

It certainly wasn't ideal. However if we assumed he was going why didn't we just tell him to stay away from our country retreat by the Thames given that was obviously distracting the players (although I get the feeling our squad wanted to say goodbye to him on a professional level so that's why he came).

The euros played a part really. If it had been a non tournament summer everything would've probably been done by early July given it wasn't a complicated transfer. Man. City payed the release clause, he wanted to go and that was it.

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

City need Grealish about as much as George Michael needed Andrew Ridgeley

On the pitch yeah I'd agree 

Off it though I'm still not so sure, brand grealish is still huge for them even if it is grealish the piss head, he's still news, he's still front and centre of their celebration social media stuff 

Haaland will be bigger though, he'll be city's first genuine global superstar up there with the likes of mbappe, neymar, messi, Ronaldo etc city don't have that imo and never really have for as good as the footballers have been 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

On the pitch yeah I'd agree 

Off it though I'm still not so sure, brand grealish is still huge for them even if it is grealish the piss head, he's still news, he's still front and centre of their celebration social media stuff 

Haaland will be bigger though, he'll be city's first genuine global superstar up there with the likes of mbappe, neymar, messi, Ronaldo etc city don't have that imo and never really have for as good as the footballers have been 

100% agree. Very naive to suggest the club only sanctioned the move based on his footballing ability (which is obviously quality).

Especially when they are so stocked up in the position he plays.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

One poster mentioned the ‘Aston villa’ thing and it’s now got 3 pages worth of posts on it! 🤣 

Last I looked it was the clubs name.

Yeah lads seriously, I only said it was something I'd noticed which I found a bit odd/irrationally annoyed me (dating way back to when he was playing with us). It's not a conspiracy and he clearly is/was a Villa fan. It's not that deep

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm a big fan of him as a player, and I have affection for him because of what he did for us.

There is plenty to criticise him for this season, and his lifestyle is part of that.

But I think criticising him for getting drunk after winning the league and calling us Aston Villa is a bit odd

I agree but I didn’t like his dig at Almiron. Seemed very unnecessary.

• Like 2

Â