The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

‘' It has probably been a bit more difficult than I thought it was going to be. I thought I was going to come here and maybe double my goals and assists tally that I had at Villa. It hasn’t been the case, but I still feel like I have done OK…”

Jack

Irony is, if he had stayed with us, in an improving team, what he expected to happen there, probably would have happened here.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

‘' It has probably been a bit more difficult than I thought it was going to be. I thought I was going to come here and maybe double my goals and assists tally that I had at Villa. It hasn’t been the case, but I still feel like I have done OK…”

Jack

Irony is, if he had stayed with us, in an improving team, what he expected to happen there, probably would have happened here.

I think he is doing fine and he will be (already is) a great success.

But the most free thinking, free flowing player joining the most regimented team in the world?

I'd have my doubts regarding the style of football before joining.

• Like 1

i think he's done OK... played good in quite a few games. £100m good though? I wouldn't say so. Man City didn't need him, they just wanted him as a statement signing. 

• Like 1

On 18/12/2021 at 09:14, Mic09 said:

I think he is doing fine and he will be (already is) a great success.

That’s the problem he’s not doing fine.  He’s not being the £100m player brought, which fine because it takes time to settle but it’s worse than that, he’s looking a bit lost in the team, not being effective, not really contributing, generally a fair bit from the action and overshadowed by his competition in the team.  On top of that he’s playing up off the field which isn’t a good look and Pep isn’t happy,

Fortunately when he plays the team are so good that they can compensate for how average he’s looking and he may eventually be brilliant for them but he needs to buckle down off the pitch and improve on the pitch.  He can do it, I don’t think Man City’s style suits him but maybe he can adapt and be a star there but he’s not doing all that he can to be a success is he!  I fear for him.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Looks lke he will get his hands on a league title winners medal. Thats one of the reason he left for even if he isnt having the impact he wanted. That will come though!

I'm sure Barry or milner would sell him theirs if he asked, can't mean that much to them either!

8 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I'm sure Barry or milner would sell him theirs if he asked, can't mean that much to them either!

Forgot they even won one, means nothing to all but to a few people.

Seems quite sad to see Jack playing a bit part to such a good team, they have some fantastic players that sort of make Jack seem ordinary when he was king of the castle here. 

I think his media profile has sort of stagnated as well which is surprising. I just hope he doesn't blow up and get in the press for the wrong reasons but I can sort of see it happening. He said he struggling to adjust to living in Manchester as well which isn't a good start. I wish him no malice. 

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Looks lke he will get his hands on a league title winners medal. Thats one of the reason he left for even if he isnt having the impact he wanted. That will come though!

This is why I really want Liverpool to win it.... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

I like to earn my awards rather than get one despite my contribution.  It’s like people who buy trophies for themselves to feel good about themselves.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I like to earn my awards rather than get one despite my contribution.  It’s like people who buy trophies for themselves to feel good about themselves.

The above doesn't even make sense.Your desperation to be negative about Jack is embarrassing.

Pretty predictable.

City didn't need him and he is still burning the candle at both ends.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is just a bit player at the World Cup as Southgate doesn't trust him in the first place.

Grass isn't always greener Jack despite what ever vision your agent span you.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

This is why I really want Liverpool to win it.... 

Joey Barton could play for Man City and I would still have Man City take it, rather than them bloody scousers.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

Â