The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

At least grealish fits how man City play, he's capable of doing this pass and move quick stuff even if it's depressing that they don't use him to do more, he will get better and his face does fit 

Benteke on the other hand in no way shape or form fit with Liverpools style of play, he was an awful buy for them that made no sense 

I don’t think he can do the pass and move stuff, not at Man City level anyway.  Aside from my Villa feelings on him leaving I always thought this was a poor move for him.  This is like when Benteke went to Liverpool or Torres went from Liverpool to Chelsea, you can see beforehand it’s not the right fit and many said it beforehand.  Jack likes to run with the ball and slip past them or draw them in before passing…that’s his world class skill.  The one-two triangle passing zones, quick stuff he can do but not at Man City level and it never looked like his strength or could be his strength.  That seems to be showing now, he’s not able to show why he’s worth 100m.  Buying a player  and then trying to fundamentally change how they play is a massive risk…not utilising his best skill seems a waste.  I don’t think he’ll ever be the quick one-two like Silva or Foden level, I don’t think that’s in his locker.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2021 at 14:16, Wainy316 said:

Yeah but then Southampton, Norwich and Leverkusen may in turn have robbed us of that money. 

Maybe it’s just me but I’m not convinced those three came in via Grealish money. I think that £100m is still there (or will be via installments). Maybe Ings you can probably argue did as I think he came in after he left.. but I’d say he has done more in a Villa shirt then Grealish has in a City shirt so far.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Pep is saying he is confident the goals will come, its more and more clear this clown didnt watch him play ever for Villa

Mr. Greal-hiss, no pressure.

People or more accurately the media say Pep is one of the great managers yet he's spent over a billion pounds on players in his time at City.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Mr. Greal-hiss, no pressure.

People or more accurately the media say Pep is one of the great managers yet he's spent over a billion pounds on players in his time at City.

Man utd have spent the same, Chelsea can't be far off 

He's won more than both of those 2 put together 

Yes all the top clubs have spent a lot of money. What he has done in dometic football is astounding.  Only Liverpool has challenged the domination. We'll see if Chelsea stay the course. 

Edited by PaulC

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Sure I read a stat that Pep had spent half a billion on defence alone in his tenure...

It's the Champions league he'll be judged on, maybe they win it this season but I really hope not!

Its the CL that anyone who wants to knock him will judge him on... 

City's owners will use their own metrics that we don't have access to such as fan base growth, social media numbers and legit sponsor income 

It'll end up the same as Bayern, don't look at him having more domestic dominance than they've had in a generation (or in city's case ever) just look at the CL

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes all the top clubs have spent a lot of money. What he has done in dometic football is astounding.  Only Liverpool has challenged the domination. We'll see if Chelsea stay the course. 

He had one of the largest budgets so he is delivered what was expected to win trophies  on a regular basis. However so far he has flunked winning the CL which was why he was brought (bought?) into City.

Pellegrini and Mancini won titles and domestic cups  for City in the  plastic  oil era and they are not lauded as footballing gods.

Edited by The Fun Factory

36 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He had one of the largest budgets so he is delivered what was expected to win trophies  on a regular basis. However so far he has flunked winning the CL which was why he was brought (bought?) into City.

Pellegrini and Mancini won titles and domestic cups  for City in the  plastic  oil era and they are not lauded as footballing gods.

Yes in terms of trophies but only manager to have broken the 100 point barrier 

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Pellegrini and Mancini didn't do this 

PaulC is right he's also broke the PL record for points and goals too

And like I said we'll never know but I will always think their owners will judge him on growth of the club not the CL

I also mentioned bayern, he won more trophies than heynckes, more leagues and more pokkal whilst also setting them up for the next decade but he didn't win the CL so some on here will claim he took them backwards, it's nonsense 

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Under Klopp Liverpool got 104 points from 38 games, just not the 38 games from the start to the end of the season.

Guess I misremembered that. Obviously trying to forget everything about Liverpool's win. 

• Like 2

Â