The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, will87 said:

£100m. Christ we've absolutely robbed them.

Yeah but then Southampton, Norwich and Leverkusen may in turn have robbed us of that money. 

(I’m not writing them off but they’re not exactly making waves either)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Sees it late it is bouncing awkward one on the weak foot. It isn't the horrific miss everyone will make it out to be...but he has been absolute non entity today.

This is a fair summary, I think.

On the other hand

GIF guffaw j jonah jameson riso - animated GIF on GIFER - by Whispercliff

• Like 1

I know I’ve drawn comparisons to Benteke previously but from the same context it makes me feel sad. I remember watching CB at Liverpool and thinking damn, this isn’t our Benteke, I’d even be offended when seeing him slated because WE knew what he was capable of. When he’d be called nothing but a header merchant, full well knowing how good I’ve seen him play on the deck.

Same goes for this guy. He isn’t a dive merchant, he isn’t a player without end product, he’s the best player I ever saw in our colours and yet we’re here again after yet another poor performance. But I don’t think it’s completely on him, I feel that City have simply bought a player that they didn’t need. A player that doesn’t fit. Hope he gets it together because I don’t want to see him at Crystal Palace on loan in 2 years time, he deserves to shine.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, samjp26 said:

I know I’ve drawn comparisons to Benteke previously but from the same context it makes me feel sad. I remember watching CB at Liverpool and thinking damn, this isn’t our Benteke, I’d even be offended when seeing him slated because WE knew what he was capable of. When he’d be called nothing but a header merchant, full well knowing how good I’ve seen him play on the deck.

Same goes for this guy. He isn’t a dive merchant, he isn’t a player without end product, he’s the best player I ever saw in our colours and yet we’re here again after yet another poor performance. But I don’t think it’s completely on him, I feel that City have simply bought a player that they didn’t need. A player that doesn’t fit. Hope he gets it together because I don’t want to see him at Crystal Palace on loan in 2 years time, he deserves to shine.

2018-21 Jack Grealish is one of my favourite players of all time. It's kind of sad to see him playing like he is really. Just like Benteke, who was my favourite Villa striker. He could do almost anything. Then they tried to turn him into Kenwyne Jones at Liverpool and Palace and it was sad to see.

• Like 1

At least grealish fits how man City play, he's capable of doing this pass and move quick stuff even if it's depressing that they don't use him to do more, he will get better and his face does fit 

Benteke on the other hand in no way shape or form fit with Liverpools style of play, he was an awful buy for them that made no sense 

• Like 1

Â