The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, MrSmirch said:

I wondered before his move to city if pep would play him as a false 9. I think it’ll take a while but eventually it’ll work to devastating effect.

Exactly. Pep knows what he's doing.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Do you not agree @Villan_of_oz? Are you more of a tactical mastermind than Pep?

No I'm not claiming anything like that, a ridiculous accusation.... However claiming that Pep just automatically gets everything correct all of the time is probably equally as ridiculous.

Just my humble observation.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

No I'm not claiming anything like that, a ridiculous accusation.... However claiming that Pep just automatically gets everything correct all of the time is probably equally as ridiculous.

Just my humble observation.

Maybe I was wrong anyway ;)

FGB5dRxXwAkGIZ9.jpeg.jpg

Many on here think he has been good for them. I think so far he’s been a very poor signing.  Still very early and that could change,

I just don’t think he will thrive anymore without being the main man. At Villa he could get away with losing the ball or missing big chances because he was the stand out best player in the team and involved in most of what was good.

He hasn’t got that luxury anymore.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Many on here think he has been good for them. I think so far he’s been a very poor signing.  Still very early and that could change,

I just don’t think he will thrive anymore without being the main man and also being able to lose the ball a lot and miss a lot of chances because he’s the stand out best player on the team that does most of what is good.

Could be but maybe like Mahrez he will adapt

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just don’t think he will thrive anymore without being the main man and getting away with ever losing the ball or missing big of chances because he’s the stand out best player on the team that does most of what is good.

He's had some very good games, he's had some average games, he's had some crap games.

He's 15 games into his Manchester City career, anyone judging his success as a signing is jumping the gun.

Players take time to settle anywhere, even very good ones.

Don't forget our own record signing has been playing like a competition winner for most of the season

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's had some very good games, he's had some average games, he's had some crap games.

He's 15 games into his Manchester City career, anyone judging his success as a signing is jumping the gun.

Players take time to settle anywhere, even very good ones.

Don't forget our own record signing has been playing like a competition winner for most of the season

Agree very early. Will he get a consistent run of games to really get going? 

To be fair City are the team that will win the league for me and whether he plays a big part in that or just provides the odd goal or assist. He’ll have played his part.

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Maybe I was wrong anyway ;)

FGB5dRxXwAkGIZ9.jpeg.jpg

Caption competition:- Pep is always thinking ahead. Look at him already putting in the hours practicing for a future career as a mime artist, he already has the stuck in a box routine nailed.

• Haha 1

He is a very good player, and in time will play at a good level for Man City; there's no doubt about that at all.

However, what he wants is to be a superstar. I would argue, that he was a bigger star at Villa (Local boy done good, Euros etc) than he is being another face at City. In fact being at City with that price tag has almost made him a figure of ridicule.

Always was a slightly weird signing for me as he is the anthesis of what Guardiola normally likes (great passer, quick, agile, acceleration, run in behind).

Put Grealish in any team in the world, give him the ball, let him take players on and watch magic happen. Guardiola is not allowing him to do, which in my opinion made him one of the best attacking players in the world last year. Without that Freedom he is just a decent player.

• Like 4

Grealish is exacty the kind of player that Guardiola likes, he has all the qualities associated with Guardiola teams, exceptionally comfortable in possession, great passer, can carry the ball forward, is creative, it makes perfect sense that Man City would want him. I remember going back to when he was playing for our U21s, watching him and thinking the way he plays makes me think of a player that's come through the Barcelona academy, rather than the kind of player we would typcially produce at that time, he's one of the most natural footballers I've seen.

Not sure where this sudden idea has come from that all he's good at his running at players, the ironic thing is that Man City have had and have players that are more like that than Grealish is.

• Like 2

Â