The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

anyone offended by that needs to give their head a wobble

perfectly normal and believable thing to say

Slightly different circumstances though…

I mean… Madrid… Beautiful city, nice weather, legitimately famous football teams with history, packed stadiums and worldwide fan base for decades…

Manchester… Shithole up north, obesity problem, most people there can’t spell GCSE, one famous football team that everyone used to hate because they were managed by the greatest manager who will ever live and they used to win all the time…. And the other is essentially Wigan after they found a lottery ticket…

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not really doing himself any favours playing the victim is he

The saddest thing about that is the first thing that comes to my mind is that he's spoken to a marketing consultant who has advised him what to do when he scores

The finger in the ear thing, he's done it before, it'll stick, he can make it his thing 

Haaland is the same with his weird hulk style celebrations

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not really doing himself any favours playing the victim is he

Victim? I don't see it like that at all. He's been doubted all through his career and now he's a £100m player. Just a message back to the naysayers I reckon. 

Delighted for him. Hope he smashes it up there (except when he plays us)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Victim? I don't see it like that at all. He's been doubted all through his career and now he's a £100m player. Just a message back to the naysayers I reckon. 

Delighted for him. Hope he smashes it up there (except when he plays us)

I don’t have an issue with him moving, everyone has a price and it was an unbelievable package.

Why is he putting his fingers in his ears? Because some people doubted he might not be good value for money as the most expensive player in British football history? I think it’s fair to ask the question. Even then, it wasn’t widespread, he was immensely popular in the summer across the football spectrum. 

As I said, he’s not doing himself any favours by doing it imo, just going to get more people’s backs up (in media if that’s who it’s aimed at).

I haven’t seen the goal but apparently he didn’t know much about it. 

Edited by Genie

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t have an issue with him moving, everyone has a price and it was an unbelievable package.

Why is he putting his fingers in his ears? Because some people doubted he might not be good value for money as the most expensive player in British football history? I think it’s fair to ask the question. Even then, it wasn’t widespread, he was immensely popular in the summer across the football spectrum. 

As I said, he’s not doing himself any favours by doing it imo, just going to get more people’s backs up (in media if that’s who it’s aimed at).

I think as @villa4europe said, it might be 'his thing' now, like Bale with his heart and that England ladies player (White I think) with the eyes. 

JG only really became popular when he broke into the England team and stared playing well. Before that no-one took him that seriously outside of VP and a few football fans who knew their onions. 

• Like 2

Just now, Xela said:

I think as @villa4europe said, it might be 'his thing' now, like Bale with his heart and that England ladies player (White I think) with the eyes. 

JG only really became popular when he broke into the England team and stared playing well. Before that no-one took him that seriously outside of VP and a few football fans who knew their onions. 

Nah, I doubt it. It’s Jack “sending a message to the haters” which is pretty small time. 

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Bounced off his knee , Put his hands on his head and thought he missed , quite pathetic tbh

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Bounced off his knee , Put his hands on his head and thought he missed , quite pathetic tbh

Just saw it on Twitter, as you say, defender flicked it up onto his thigh and it went in.

So fingers in the ears from the footballer paid a fortune to score and create goals because he’s proved them wrong in some way, apparently. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing this thread been closed totally or locked or whatever. Living rent free in your heads. Giving energy to a player who’s gone and let’s be honest, it’s all spiteful. Leave him off. They aren’t our rivals. Let him and them crack on and we enjoy our win today.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing this thread been closed totally or locked or whatever. Living rent free in your heads. Giving energy to a player who’s gone and let’s be honest, it’s all spiteful. Leave him off. They aren’t our rivals. Let him and them crack on and we enjoy our win today.

Look we enjoy being small petty people. I know you're enormous and once Grealish moved on, you became completely disinterested in him as a player and person, but that hasn't been the experience for us. Because we're so small and petty. And PATHETIC. Oh lord we are pathetic. Maybe some day through meditation and reading the books of Eckhart Toll we can achieve the sort of enlightenment you have achieved, but it seems unlikely. So please do not look as me scramble around in the filth of the Jack Grealish thread. Avert your gaze. We are not worthy of it to begin with, and it does you no good to see us like this. We are a stain on humanity compared to you and it shames us further for you to see us like this. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

waiting for BBC or Sky to praise Pep coaching as he would never score that at Villa

19 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I still like him, of course I'm going to talk about him 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Me too, he gave everything for us, and stayed for 2-3 years more than he could have. I don’t blame him at all for moving on at this point all things considered, but this is all water under the bridge.

Saying that, I just think he’s been a bit of a nob today (why not just enjoy the first goal for your new club?) but still, no hard feelings against him from me.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I’ve no issue talking about him. Having a whinge about about how he celebrates though ( not you, in general here ) i mean come on… Villa won today. I couldn’t give a monkeys what he does if we win.

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Same. He's a great player and I like seeing him do well. An ex Villa player and local lad is going to become one of the very best in the world. Wish it was with us obviously, but we are too many years away from that level. 

• Like 4

Â