The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I honestly think it will go tits up. Bit like Hazard at Real. Now, i thought when Foden came on the scene he was a bit gimmicky, street footballer if you will, but he was coached very very well by Guardiola who made him a more rounded team player without compromising his talent. Jack is so used to trying to beat a man and make something happen at every opportunity with Villa. He never got called out on it if he messed up. He will do at City. By coaches and the players around him who have won more than him and will hold him to incredibly high standards. Not gonna be a piece of piss for Jack at all.

Can you imagine Foden, KDB and Grealish in the same team though? So much talent.

I can't see how it can go wrong. And Grealish was great today.

• Haha 1

City fans seem quite impressed with his performance strangely, I thought he looked pretty ineffectual. 

The vast majority of them have no idea what they have on their hands, no chance it's going to go tits up he's far too good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'm sure Grealish will be the one laughing come May 2022.

He’s earned nearly half a million quid since the charity shield. Pretty sure he’s laughing now.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Weird performance from Jack. A few nice touches and barely gave the ball away as usual but I couldn't work out what position he was supposed to be playing. At times it looked like Sterling and Grealish were both playing as left wingers - maybe some Guardiola genius move that didn't come off. Alternatively, for all his claims that he prefers playing centrally, maybe Jack just can't help himself but drift over to the left. 

I think his performances have been off in general ever since he came back from injury at the back end of last season both club wise and internationally. Commentators/pundits haven't really noticed it because he still has a couple of magic moments and an exquisite touch. But he just seems to lack any impetus/tendency to grab the game by the scruff of the neck like he did for us at peak form. Might just be that he's not the main man for England/City but I do wonder whether that shin issue is persisting because his england performances at the Euros were nowhere near as good as his ones against Wales and Belgium previously for example

I agree. Jack needs to be more aggressive and take on players when he gets the ball. He gets it so rarely that he needs to drive and dribble every time. That's why they bought him, that's what he does. 

14 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Take all the pantomime out of it all, he's a Villa lad,  we made him and City aren't our rivals at the moment.

It's hard for me not to want him to do well - He's just a like-able lad🤷‍♂️Especially compared to so many rocket polisher footballers.

Taking the rose tinted glasses off I'm not sure that he actually is.

Brilliant footballer but not actually someone I'd want as a role model to my son. 

Edited by blandy
Libel removed
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Can you imagine Foden, KDB and Grealish in the same team though? So much talent.

They have to win the title this season with that squad. I think Chelsea will be the main rivals for them. 

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He was ok. Still coming to terms i think with the fact there’s people around him with comparable or better ability.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

They have to win the title this season with that squad. I think Chelsea will be the main rivals for them. 

Wouldn’t right Liverpool off. I know everyone was in the same boat with no fans but it’s gonna bring them up another gear having them back, home and away. Plus Van Dijk back is huge.

• Like 1

Â