The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I thought he was dire. City seem a team to me that touch then pass, touch then pass. Grealish really slows the play down. Loves to draw man in by holding onto the ball. Interesting to see how he fits in long term. 

Yes we missed him terribly yesterday but i do wonder if there will be a point where we start to feel sorry for him and even pity him. 

Pep is trying to back him in front of the media but grealish doesnt seem the same cheeky Jack . He seems like the weight of the world is on his shoulders.  He is playing like he did for us just before he broke down with the shin splints . Didnt see him smile much if at all today. 

And as expected he is getting booed by the away fans and slagged online . His England everyone loves him honeymoon is over .Because now he isnt the plucky talented player from Villa . He is oil and greed personified as a player. He is an easy target now 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

I thought he was dire. City seem a team to me that touch then pass, touch then pass. Grealish really slows the play down. Loves to draw man in by holding onto the ball. Interesting to see how he fits in long term. 

He wasn’t dire. He was good, not special but good. He’d be getting praised for his performance if they’d bought him for £15mil from some foreign team but his price tag carries extra scrutiny. He’ll be fine, Spurs were excellent today, most teams won’t be that good. He’ll be winning his first player of the month award before long.

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yes we missed him terribly yesterday but i do wonder if there will be a point where we start to feel sorry for him and even pity him. 

Pep is trying to back him in front of the media but grealish doesnt seem the same cheeky Jack . He seems like the weight of the world is on his shoulders.  He is playing like he did for us just before he broke down with the shin splints . Didnt see him smile much if at all today. 

It was his first start, he will settle in. If you are hoping for him to regret his move you will be disappointed. That said, I did enjoy the Spurs win today but more as I hate City rather than to do with him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Blue

Da da Di da da Di, da da Di da da da di

I thought he looked one of the best players on the pitch in very toothless man City side, incredibly comfortable on the ball, targeted by spurs and constantly kicked

The problem comes with the suggestion that man city's Jack grealish was any different from villas Jack grealish, he wasn't, it was a very villa performance, the quality around him wasn't really there... But it was a 50+ capnGerman international to his right not John McGinn... Mendy at left back in particular was made to look garbage thanks to the time and space afforded to him by Jack, he was shit 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

And as expected he is getting booed by the away fans and slagged online . His England everyone loves him honeymoon is over .Because now he isnt the plucky talented player from Villa . He is oil and greed personified as a player. He is an easy target now 

Was talking to a United fan the other day, he said City aside it was the case that you liked Jack at Villa it was nice story, now I just think footballing mercenary.” I’ve heard similar from Liverpool fans to he was “over” (to use a wrestling term) and now he’s shot himself in the foot. The footballing equivalent of dapper laughs

38 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It was his first start, he will settle in. If you are hoping for him to regret his move you will be disappointed. That said, I did enjoy the Spurs win today but more as I hate City rather than to do with him.

I dont wish him bad at all. He has moved on and burned his bridges and rightly so. 

However as i said he is now the poster boy for the personification of oil money excess . And what we are realising now is this isnt about the premier league. This is about nation states competing in the champs league. This isnt City versus Utd and Liverpool.

This is football top trumps unfortunately. 

He didn't even come close to hitting the heights we know he can but he was still City's best player until De Bruyne came on.

I do wonder if this quick one two touch football really suits him. He's a brilliant player so he'll still thrive in it, but I think Smith's brand of football with an emphasis on ball carriers like Jack really makes him shine.

Keep saying it but I think he'd have been much better suited for United. City already have like 5 immaculately technically gifted wide players, one more isn't really going to make a difference.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Keep saying it but I think he'd have been much better suited for United. City already have like 5 immaculately technically gifted wide players, one more isn't really going to make a difference.

Yep he is a Man Utd type player. Do something out of the ordinary . Excite the crowd. Go and express yourself. Whereas for me anyway i find Citeh boring to watch. Its all based on systems . You can see it today in how they played. Theres no chance you get a one end of the pitch to the other dribbling by himself situation. It is all based on the team and phases of play

• Like 3

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Yep he is a Man Utd type player. Do something out of the ordinary . Excite the crowd. Go and express yourself. Whereas for me anyway i find Citeh boring to watch. Its all based on systems . You can see it today in how they played. Theres no chance you get a one end of the pitch to the other dribbling by himself situation. It is all based on the team and phases of play

A £100m system player. How depressing. They've already sucked the soul out of Mahrez who was so exciting for Leicester. Would hate to see it happen to Jack.

Â