The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Tubby said:

What gives him the right to say that, especially after captaining his boyhood club?

Modern football is the shit dogs roll in. What a clearing in the woods.

Screenshot_20210805-230204_Chrome.jpg

Utterly classes from him - for the club he supports he did love talking them down in that interview 

13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yeah but did Buendia and Watkins rave about how it was "my club" etc? No.

Well, no…

Probably because Ollie Watkins came up through the Exeter youth scheme and Buendia started with Cadetes de San Martin and then mainly Getafe.

So it would have been totally bizarre for them to claim Brentford or Norwich respectively as “their” club.

Whereas for Jack, who was with us since the age of six, obviously Villa was and no doubt for him in some ways still is his club. 

However much some angry fans are now trying to rewrite it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

He basically milked the club he supposedly loved for as much as he could with no intention of seeing his contract through.

Given how he talked about how this has been going on for "a few months" I suspect that the shin injury he had was a cover up too so he could get his move. 

Clearly not the person we all thought he was. And no true Villa fan would purposely insert a clause into their contract and string along its fans with those hollow words last summer.

forgot all about that...yeah that injury was totally BS. not to force the move necessarily, but to make sure he was fit for the euros

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

£369,231 a week is a lot of money isn't it?

He'll earn the amount of money that NSWE bought Villa for in four years.

Must be hard going from the top 1% of earners to 0.01% of earners. The footballing bubble is insane. 

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Well, no…

Probably because Ollie Watkins came up through the Exeter youth scheme and Buendia started with Cadetes de San Martin and then mainly Getafe.

So it would have been totally bizarre for them to claim Brentford or Norwich respectively as “their” club.

Whereas for Jack, who was with us since the age of six, obviously Villa was and no doubt for him in some ways still is his club. 

However much some angry fans are now trying to rewrite it.

Yeah I know? I'm making the point of how us signing Buendia or Watkins isn't the same as Man City signing Grealish.

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

forgot all about that...yeah that injury was totally BS. not to force the move necessarily, but to make sure he was fit for the euros

Hearing him talking about England duty and becoming besties with Foden just so cringe 

17 minutes ago, Mantis said:

The difference is that Man City basically won a £100m Euromillions jackpot when they got taken over. They used that money to solidify themselves at the top of the pile and then a few years after their jackpot win, the lottery gets capped at £20m.

eh? they just spent 100m on a player and are actively trying to sign another who will almost certainly cost 130-140m. they've spend 1 BILLION pounds in the last 5 years. do tell - where is this cap you speak of?

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

£369,231 a week is a lot of money isn't it?

He'll earn the amount of money that NSWE bought Villa for in four years.

sobering thought.

I don't wish him well and I hope it doesn't work out for him. He's a great player who has served us well but as soon as he's forced that move through and is no longer a Villa player then I want them to fail.

That being said, all these 'let Mings stamp on him' or 'wait until he plays against McGinn' type comments are ridiculous. They are all good friends with him and every single one of our players would have jumped at the opportunity if they had been given it. I imagine they are happy for him if not a bit envious.

It would take me 16 years to earn what Jack will now earn in one week. 32 years to earn what he earns now in 2 weeks. What I will earn in my whole working life Jack gets in just over 3 weeks. Yay football. 🙄

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â