The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

£100m for him is pretty decent business. We probably could have got a bit more had we not put a release clause in the contract, but it could have been a hell of a lot worse. Ultimately, I think this will prove to be a good move for all parties in the long term. 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Don't think Pep gives a shit what their fans think.

He will no doubt take Grealish to another level. 

The main gripe (unbelievably) is why would they give Jack the #10 shirt when Messi's available?  I mean really?

4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

You don’t know how accurate you are as to what he is like away from the public view.

Lol I’ve seen the drunk driving video… I think I have a educated guess, still not our problem now sadly.

9 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

You don’t know how accurate you are as to what he is like away from the public view.

An outright villain then as the character. I imagine he was a billy big b*******??  But any truth in the rumour that he wasn’t actually liked by everyone at the club?

edit - obviously not dropping anyone in it.

Edited by ferguson1

4 minutes ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

The main gripe (unbelievably) is why would they give Jack the #10 shirt when Messi's available?  I mean really?

Grealish is more of a long term investment. 

Messi is 34 years old 

1 minute ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

Agreed, makes no sense to me.

If Messi was to sign at City for a year (meaning we pass on Kane), I'm fine with that if the plan is to activate Haarland's release clause next year.  Haarland's always been my preferred choice to replace Aguero anyway but only in 2022.

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

An outright villain then as the character. I imagine he was a billy big b*******??  But any truth in the rumour that he wasn’t actually liked by everyone at the club?

edit - obviously not dropping anyone in it.

Truth to it we laugh as lads but Pep won’t he will either comply or it’s over for him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Truth to it we laugh as lads but Pep won’t he will either comply or it’s over for him

Don't expect miracles in year 1, as alot of players coming to City have taken time to learn and prosper in Pep's system.

4 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Just hope that Grealish look back at today few years down the road & feel the same way as I do when my investment banker asked to put my money on Tesla shares/ Bitcoin few years ago... Villas in good hands & Jack missed the boat.. 

So you’re disappointed that you turned down an opportunity to make a lot of money yet Jack has taken a similar opportunity to make a lot of money as well as other perks. That makes zero sense.

He also hasn’t missed anything. We are doing ok but are nothing more than stable as of right now. We’ve achieved nothing yet. Jack won’t regret this decision in a million years and it’s deluded to think he will.

• Like 1

Think Jack had an inferiority complex amongst his peers because he was at Villa. Disrespectful with his constant twerking for Utd during our first season back. Such an immemse talent and hero to so many but his conduct wasnt the greatest on the whole. Think we can move forward now and be better for it.

45 minutes ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

Did you guys see this?

Standard new signing bull shit, but he really should have thought about the words ‘proper football club’. But then he’s never been the brightest word removed.

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Standard new signing bull shit, but he really should have thought about the words ‘proper football club’. But then he’s never been the brightest word removed.

I’m honestly shocked he didn’t say he believed in the project 

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He knew exactly what he was saying 

How convenient. His nice words about Villa yesterday was nothing more than PR rubbish but today his words are a deep seated unsubtle dig at his former club.

The mental gymnastics in here are incredible 🙈

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 2

Â