The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Think back to summer 18, the first summer of speculation around a big move for Jack. Think about that, and think about the many links he's had since.

Has Jack once come out and said he wants to stay at Villa to stop the speculation? Until he knows he can't go anywhere/gets a new bumper contract, he then claims he's a loyal Villa fan.

Reality is, if any bid since 2018 had been accepted, he would have been out the door. Looking back, it's naive to think any different, and I myself have been guilty of that naive thinking as well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Think back to summer 18, the first summer of speculation around a big move for Jack. Think about that, and think about the many links he's had since.

Has Jack once come out and said he wants to stay at Villa to stop the speculation? Until he knows he can't go anywhere/gets a new bumper contract, he then claims he's a loyal Villa fan.

Reality is, if any bid since 2018 had been accepted, he would have been out the door. Looking back, it's naive to think any different, and I myself have been guilty of that naive thinking as well.

Bit sad that it's considered naive to hope for a little club fandom loyalty. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Bit sad that it's considered naive to hope for a little club fandom loyalty. 

Well yeah but him never coming out and stopping speculation means it probably was naive, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Gutted by this move. Back to being down to earth about the state of modern football. 

Thanks for the good times Jack but you can forget about the club legend status you could have had.

4 minutes ago, will87 said:

Found this gem on page 6

Well found sir. 

Just shows how maybe the family Villa bond was the dad's mainly - the kids less so. 

Edited by Jareth

On 12/07/2010 at 13:34, barry'sboots said:

I really hope Jack turns out to be the next Adam Johnson x 10 (as SCG believes) as it would be fantastic to have our own "Rooney" knocking balls in for Gabby, the Fonz and Gary Gardner to put away with Kieran Clark overseeing it all as captain.

Although, as AVFC PoB says, I believe it is really difficult to call someone's future at that age. All the talent in the world still requires all the hard work, dedication and a bit of luck (injuries etc.) to ensure that a player comes through. But like the majority on this site, I am keeping everything crossed for him.

Jesus.

On 12/07/2010 at 02:27, kevangrealish said:

Yeah thanks again. Like I said to gary. And as someone before has mentioned. My dad is a mad villa fan. He became a fan at a young age after being converted by his mate after being a man utd supporter. He went down the villa at 16 etc. But he was also not in the richest of families. But if was still determined to get there. So without telling his mom and dad. Went to ... Was it rotterdam? Or amsterdam? I forget. But yeh he went there just with a few mates. To watch the villa lift the european cup. Hes been a mad villa fan since. And well... Sent me to my room when I came home and said I was am arsenal fan. Haha. Nah all our family are villa through and through. So theyre isnt much chance of jack moving clubs. My great grandad was a villa legend so lets hope jack can follow. All I can say is I normally ask jack what would you do if man city offered you big money to go there. And hes always like nah I wanna stay at villa. Lol. But as I say fingeres crossed ey?

Shocked

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Rage inducing. No such tweet for Ings of course. 

You can guarantee he'll be starting every game for England now just because he's moved to a "big" club.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You can guarantee he'll be starting every game for England now just because he's moved to a "big" club.

It's inevitable. Happened with Delph didn't it? He was such a nailed on player for England that he was starting games despite riding the bench every week for City. At Villa he had to fight tooth and nail for the few caps he finally got :lol:

• Like 1

On 29/07/2011 at 00:28, kevangrealish said:

Jack's Done a complete U-Turn and decided to stick with ireland after me submitting his form back to England. yeahh i know im as clueless as you lot on this one but hes sticking with ireland for the near future for sure.

Bruh....

This turned into more.of a figure 8, than a U turn.

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Well if there's one simple thing this should teach us - never, never allow a release clause in a player's contract ever again - even if it means they don't extend.

To be fair, we got more money for him than we ever thought possible...  Will accelerate our rise up the table.  

Â