The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am not sure what to say about Grealish really. I'd love to make out he is just another player leaving but I'd be a lying b**tard if I did as it doesn't feel like that.

I'm 47 and you'd think by my age you wouldn't get an emotional attachment to a player but like many of us I did with Jack. Believed hook line and sinker in him being one of us and it was great seeing one our own who just happened to be the most gifted attacking player I have seen in a Villa shirt. To me that was clear from very early on that he was exceptional.  Watching him develop was about the only good thing about the club for a while. To then witness him captain us back to the Premier league, be a big influence on us retaining that status and then kicking on was fantastic. I felt so much pride also seeing him at the Euros but conversely it ruined the Euros for me as well as I was so pissed off when he wasn't picked. 

Given all the above now he has decided to go it all seems a bit hollow. He is leaving before the fairytale has finished. The club is on the up and striving with every sinew to reach the top in the next 2-3 years and for him to bail now before even reaching his prime is a real kick in the teeth.

I'll never now see him in the same way as I see Cowans and McGrath. 213 appearances, 96 in the top flight and none of them in his prime isn't anywhere near enough to warrant legendary status. Not at this great club it isn't. Shame as I feel he robbed us all of being able to say we were around when the legend Jack Grealish played for us. He may just also be the last player I really buy into emotionally but even at 47 I hope not. 

giphy.gif

Funny to see this thread in other football. I feel a bit like a psyhopat, I just didn't care much at all or feel anything really when I saw him in shittys shirt, more like meh, pathetic. Funny how quick it goes from regarding him at a hero to just don't care much at all.

I think he will be injured quite a lot and not live up to the expectations, the City fans will think 100M was too much and badly spent.

I actually think this may be the beginning of the end of the shitty era in the Premier League, no team can constantly be in the top, they can't really do much more now, and are a bit desperate to splash out 100M on a player that is on par with what they have got. Pep will start to tire, would have been better if they won the CL, then they would have not motivation left at all.

6 minutes ago, Folski said:

£370k a week contract apparently. No way we could offer more than that. More sky lies. “Trophies” my bollox.

It was really important to the Jack Grealish brand that he wasn't seen to be motivated by money.

Been feeling sad for a week now. Thought if there was any loyalty left in football he might have been the guy.

Many have expressed their thoughts on here much better than I could so I’ll just add a little personal thing which is a microcosm of the whole situation I guess…

I’m a subscriber to FourFourTwo mag, have a lot of issues. Villa never on the cover of course. For the past 2 years I’ve been waiting for the big Jack feature with him on cover, it never came of course. Now that he’s moved he’ll be on the cover in his Man City kit with 3 months. It’s a dead set certainty.

Edited by Hornso

14 minutes ago, yayoboy said:

What p*#s's me off, is the "congratulations" message's coming in from all the other players/teams etc, it's like saying how vastly inferior we are to them!?

Were Aston Villa, with a better history and pedigree than Man City, and it's an honour for any players to grace our team.

"The king is dead, long live the king".... Whoever our next hero may be.

UTFV!!!

Not sure you can so pissed off when our own players are sending the same message haha. Cash, Watkins, McGinn et al.

And now when he has left I will not defend him anymore, his off the field antics may well let him down, he has done stupid things consistently and only last year did it again. Many managers didn't seem to trust him fully and he seemed to have a bit of attitude problems, I never saw him as captan material and I actually think it's good that we now can give the armband to someone who is real captain material, not just because he is the best player but because he has leadership qualities and is a true professional.

I don't know if we offered 200k/w, Purslow didn't mention anything at all about a new contract did he? But if so, it would make the squad unbalanced with one player earning so much more, others wil soon come knocking on the door demanding more. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Genuinely **** disgusted by that. Couldn't believe it was real until I saw it with my own eyes.

As a bonus exercise, find the last tweet from that account congratulating a player on a move. Spoiler, it isn't Danny Ings.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

To be fair Christian Purslow said the board decided the figure. I guess they totally miscalculated. Any new contract surely would have had a world record fee release clause. 

Ain't watched the video but, from the description I read on here, I thought he said they didn't think it would be met. Not that they set it. Fair enough if they set it...they got it wrong, then. 🙂

Just now, Genie said:

Why are people so upset about Man City flexing their financial clout when it’s exactly what we do ourselves?

Couldn't care less about the human rights abusers.

I have genuinely no problem with players moving on to bigger and better things, a la Buendia, or Benteke, or Barry, if they hadn't pretended to be massive fans of the club they were employed by to enhance their own brand.

I don't care he left us. I care he spent the last few years pretending he was Mr Aston Villa, only to throw us to the curb when it was to his benefit. It's the act I despise. I hate Jack Grealish, not Man City.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It was really important to the Jack Grealish brand that he wasn't seen to be motivated by money.

It’s not surprising to see him now following pages like Dubai Key - gotta keep up that lifestyle. 

Â