The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

personally i'm annoyed that someone who SHOULD have gotten legendary status at villa hasn't, and won't

i'm positive he'd have captained us to some form of silverware...and that would've been enough to be considered a legend

legend's don't come around too often, and as talented as our current crop is, there's no obvious contender for someone to have that status

i didn't see enough villa games to talk about mcgrath in detail. i'd love to been able to tell kids when i'm old and grey about this wonder kid from solhull, that captained us back to the PL and went on to win the FA cup. or got us back into europe's top stage

Absolutely. On reflection, this is what hurts the most. It’s not what matters the most in a strategic sense, and not what hurts most in the short term, but as time passes, this is what’s going to really suck.

It could have been (would have been?) a brilliant, romantic fairytale, almost unrivaled in modern football history, but the main character chose not to give that narrative a chance to play itself out. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

personally i'm annoyed that someone who SHOULD have gotten legendary status at villa hasn't, and won't

i'm positive he'd have captained us to some form of silverware...and that would've been enough to be considered a legend

legend's don't come around too often, and as talented as our current crop is, there's no obvious contender for someone to have that status

i didn't see enough villa games to talk about mcgrath in detail. i'd love to been able to tell kids when i'm old and grey about this wonder kid from solhull, that captained us back to the PL and went on to win the FA cup. or got us back into europe's top stage

Agree, he will be known as an exceptional player for us, but I think the last legend we had was a long long time ago. 

Must say I actively want him gone now.

Never thought I'd reach this stage due to his generational talent and what he's given us these past few years.

But he's already joined Messrs Barry, Downing, Young and Delph in my head.

Edited by est1874

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yep, reinforces the view that he's not some kind of money grabber and the decision was purely footballing.  Personally I do actually believe that is the case, but thousands won't so it's good PR to get that message out for the Instagram masses to lap up. 

No way on earth did we offer him more money to say, we just couldn't afford to under FFP.

You can lie to others, but not yourself.

When he’s lying in bed at night, and all the back slapping and agent sycophancy has gone away, he’ll know he’s sold out.

He’ll live with that for the rest of his days.

1 hour ago, Adman said:

As loveable as Jack is, he's a pain in the arse and a sideshow.  Most players will be happy he's off imo

i remember during the euros, Mings was doing a presser and someone asked a question about Jack. He looked kinda pissed off and said something along the lines of "was wondering how long it would take til we started talking about Jack"

time to let some of the others shine and get their respect and credit 

on Jack. Was mad at him last couple days but have kinda mellowed. I'm more mad at the system and how unfair the big premier league machine is. How City are laughing in the face of FFP. How the whole thing is rigged to prevent teams from cracking the top 6.

Then I get mad when I realise that its a trickle down system and what Man City are doing to the likes of Villa, Villa are doing to the likes of Norwick, or Southampton. Games Rigged Yo!

I know people hate on the NFL and the franchise system but my goodness it makes for a fairer and more competitive league 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

My little bro named his son Jack, thought it would be funny as he married into a bluenose family, wind them all up. Methinks he'll be regretting that decision soon...

Just pretend he’s a massive fan of piracy. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

You can lie to others, but not yourself.

When he’s lying in bed at night, and all the back slapping and agent sycophancy has gone away, he’ll know he’s sold out.

He’ll live with that for the rest of his days.

And he won't care one iota. He wants to be the new Beckham.

23 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

This. Grealish strikes me as not exactly the sharpest tool in the box (not knowing what encyclopaedic meant for example !) so i get the impression that material stuff like wages and what it can buy mean more than trying to get his head around being a potential legend at his boyhood club. He probably already has more money than he knows what to do with but i feel he thinks status and profile will help him in the dick swinging contest he will have when in the England dressing room. 

It’s certainly about the money. It’s pure PR from his agent to make him look sympathetic and not the leech. Damage control for a player many admired who still had romantic notions that somethings in football, like club loyalty, go beyond trophies and short term money. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I have to admit I was a little worried on one of those England videos when he was asking some of the other players about playing in the CL final.  It's so clearly where he wants to be.

Yeah, I noticed that too. He was chatting to Jordan Henderson about it. Obviously it was playing on his mind.

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

And he won't care one iota. He wants to be the new Beckham.

When did Beckham sell out? 

He was loyal to Man U til he fell out with Fergie and they booted him, then went where he was wanted. 

I don’t believe his passion for England was in any way fake. He’s not that good an actor.

If he doesn’t care then fine, but then all that ‘my club, my city’ stuff was bullshit.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KiwiVillain said:

Looking forward to Matty Cash's first tackle on Grealish. Should be an absolute belter!! Not sure if Jack will even get up afterwards. I have a mental picture of it.....glorious!!

Just do whatever it was that West Ham did to him at Villa Park last season because that was the least effective game ive seen Jack play ( i know he got an assist but it was in garbage time)

Just now, TheMelvillan said:

Just do whatever it was that West Ham did to him at Villa Park last season because that was the least effective game ive seen Jack play ( i know he got an assist but it was in garbage time)

The problem with Man City is that they have so many good players you can't really do that. If everyone focuses on Jack then we'll get torn apart in other areas of the pitch. 

Just now, TheMelvillan said:

In fairness if anyone knows how to stop him it would be Smith. No one would know his weaknesses more intimately.

Â