The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I always thought the way they call it "most fouls won" is praise for Grealish to be honest.  They see how clever he is at winning free kicks and how much of an advantage it is, so they've changed up how the stat is categorised.

But that doesn't fit my narrative, I'm on a ....... having a pop at sky day.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’d imagine he’ll be on something around £180k at City and at a guess, we offered something nearer to £200k, total guesswork though.

At 100m transfer fee, you can double what he would likely get at City, more in the 300k per week

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

But that doesn't fit my narrative, I'm on a ....... having a pop at sky day.

Shit, sorry.

They'll be handing out an award for most fouls won next - and I bet they call it the "Jack Grealish Award".  **** Sky rocket polishers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

At 100m transfer fee, you can double what he would likely get at City, more in the 300k per week

I think this too. The trophies are secondary, it's all about bragging rights, when they are altogether and being dicks about who plays for who and how rich they are top trumps, he wants to be one of the big dicks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I've skipped several pages. I assume somebody has already posted the Newsthump piece? 

This bit:

“Our amazing owners have quite literally shed blood, sweat and tears for the cause since 2008.

yep, and none of it their own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KiwiVillain said:

Looking forward to Matty Cash's first tackle on Grealish. Should be an absolute belter!! Not sure if Jack will even get up afterwards. I have a mental picture of it.....glorious!!

I can't wait for McGinn to nutmeg Jack, rip his shirt off and run around the pitch screaming like he's won the world cup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently he has been absolutely torn by the decision…. I can’t imagine seeing Bailey and Ings arrive have made it any easier and then linked to JWP, I know if I was in his position I’d be thinking “wtf am I doing” but that’s just me. 

26 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Interesting that according to Sky, we offered him more money than City have.

If that’s true, it should put to bed the petty comments around it being money motivated.

i actually haven't really seen many people saying it was money related. we knew all along we can compete with city for wages.

it's not why people are annoyed

20 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

I was going to be a skinflint this year (having got the pro version as a treat, never again) and keep last year's Villa shirt as the one for this year, still Cazoo, still Kappa etc. But... Grealish 10 on the back, wrecked it. Can't wear that now! At least there's a lotta choice for us all who wore Grealish 10 shirts this season!  

I feel sorry for anyone who got the new shirt and in good faith had Grealish 10 on the back, young kids especially. I mean afterall, he attended the kit launch, unnecessary looking back. No point contemplating it now, but still on top of all the little things everyone has said on here about well why this why that, for me, the very day was it before he flew out for mini holiday with the England boys, there was no need for him to even attend for the kit photo shoot. That's something I still can't get my head around. He didn't have to attend, he was on annual leave sort of after England, seemed like an indicator at the time. Leaves a bad taste with me, that. Especially if he knew he was off or likely to be, he could have just stayed on holiday. Unless it was contractual etc.

Ah well never mind. So today is the day then. The end of one era, but the post-Jack era will see eleven talismans on the pitch getting deserved spotlights. Jack was the media focus of attention on our team, rarely did I ever see any praise in the press for the at times stellar performances of say Matt Targett especially for instance. A lot of it just got absorbed with the Aston Grealish FC kind of thing. Equal chance to shine for all the other lads.

Thats one of the reason i never get playernames on my shirt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Apparently he has been absolutely torn by the decision…. I can’t imagine seeing Bailey and Ings arrive have made it any easier and then linked to JWP, I know if I was in his position I’d be thinking “wtf am I doing” but that’s just me. 

I mean, I know we have a weird element of people here wishing injury on him for daring to leave (**** life these days, eh?) but Grealish is a Villa fan and sees the club progressing nicely.  Of course he'll have been absolutely torn over the decision.

Money will be a factor to a certain extent, but I genuinely think this is much more about playing on the big stage and winning trophies.  He simply isn't guaranteed that at Villa.

Just now, tomav84 said:

i actually haven't really seen many people saying it was money related. we knew all along we can compete with city for wages.

it's not why people are annoyed

I’ve seen a fair share of ‘money grabbing’ mentions, I understand perfectly why people are annoyed although I think a lot of people seem to be taking it really personally.

28 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Interesting that according to Sky, we offered him more money than City have.

If that’s true, it should put to bed the petty comments around it being money motivated.

And that’s how agents work. Getting into the ear of the whores at sky to spin the narrative. It works. 

• Like 2

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

And that’s how agents work. Getting into the ear of the whores at sky to spin the narrative. It works. 

I can actually fully believe it, but that’s me.

Sure, he’s a marquee signing in terms of the transfer fee but he’s moving to a squad of players who have all achieved far more on the European and International stage, he simply does not warrant being the highest paid player or even one of them.

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think this too. The trophies are secondary, it's all about bragging rights, when they are altogether and being dicks about who plays for who and how rich they are top trumps, he wants to be one of the big dicks.

acting like one

Â