The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I REALLY hope along with our recruitment, this puts desire into the club and our players to outdo expectations and have a storming season.

A battering of City where Bailey and Beundia run them ragged, while he sits on the bench, and comes on late to attempt to salvage would do us nicely too.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Our net spend has been mental since we got promoted. Anyone doubting the owners ambition needs to take a look at themselves. 

And it will continue with or without Jack. We move forward come what may. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I REALLY hope along with our recruitment, this puts desire into the club and our players to outdo expectations and have a storming season.

A battering of City where Bailey and Beundia run them ragged, while he sits on the bench, and comes on late to attempt to salvage would do us nicely too.

This would be dreamy. One thing for sure Jack will not play every minute of every game he needs to get this in his head.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Villa happy with mid table finish again this year apparently 

Seriously ?

You don't think we move further along the road with £100M than by keeping Jack because I'd take the £100M any day ? No matter how much we love(d) Jack, in terms of making Villa a stronger side, he is no match for a combo of Buendia, Bailey and at least one of Cantwell or Ward-Prowse. No top ten side in the Premier has a sole reliance on one player !

Give us the money and bring it on !

Edited by Paul33

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

As I have said several times to various people today, I hope you are right.

At present there is no objective evidence that the squad or manager know how to win that many games in the premier league without Jack.

Also, if you are now trying to create a narrative that we will be a better side without Jack, what will be the position if he decides to stay (as I hope he will)?

Your second line is apt....I agree...but we will have to see....but I am convinced that there is more chance with a better team than one shining light.

If he decides to stay, which for me now is fanciful, (because I think he has wanted this for some time) we will resport back to playing everything through Jack....He is our icon and its hard to see beyond him. We have convinced oursleves that everything has to go through him, in contrast England have not, for obvious reasons.

Not saying Jack, hasn't been great for us, but to me at times its clear we are too reliant on him and subsequently teams find it easy to stop one player, when that happens our idea's dry up, because thats the way we set up.

Its easy to be seduced by Jacks undoubted skill at the expense of a more complete team.....I think it has become increasingly noticable of late that opponents, see fit to deny him, in an effort to stop us.

It is inevitable that losing your most talented player will seem like a retrograde step, but if we sign 3/4 players to suffice....I think it could be a blessing in disguise.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that Dean and the rest of the team are not as bothered as we are.

£100 mill is serious opportunity.

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

That doesn't matter. But let's say for the time being its a possibility. I thought he was gone but apparently it's still in the balance. 

Ffs does this mean I might have to delete all posts suggesting his love for Villa is tarnished? 

Just now, ccfcman said:

At the risk of being sectioned - I still don't believe he'll play at Man City this coming season.

You're in denial bud.

I was still pretty confident yesterday but today's news pretty much confirms the worse.

We accept it and move on.

1 minute ago, ccfcman said:

At the risk of being sectioned - I still don't believe he'll play at Man City this coming season.

You could make an awful lot of money if you put your money where your insanity is :D 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

It's fair. He didn't have to come out with this guff two weeks ago though.

"Everyone knows what claret and blue means to me, I've been a Villa boy all my life, and I love playing for this club."

I mean all that can still be true even though he’s going to City

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

I just wish it had been him going to literally anyone else besides those arrogant,entitled,sarcastic, plastic pricks from City

I think him going to Man Utd would have been worse. A club that aren't likely to win anything this season, have forever been the smuggest set of fans going, and who actually have fans that I know of. Not sure I know a single Man City fan, that can rub it on my face. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Or, " Yeah, I have just signed a new 5 year contract, but if I have a good season and a cameo at the Euros, and and become the pin up boy for the England team that guarantees my girlfriend gets death threats from 13 yo girls, and the most corrupt football club in Europe which has spent nearly a billion pounds in transfers yet hasn't won the Champion's League and the biggest lie of a manager who ends up at clubs that are well established and heaven forbid working at a club that has to have a project and build something, and want to sign me for a British record transfer, then screw Villa, I might move next summer to be honest."

What’s your point?

Imagine how cringe it is going to be when he describes how much of a dream of his it was to play at Man City as a kid… 

Also, quite why anyone listens to Talksport still is beyond me. 

Edited by Tayls

14 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

I just wish it had been him going to literally anyone else besides those arrogant,entitled,sarcastic, plastic pricks from City

Unless grealish went abroad we would have said this about any of the other heap of shit clubs that could have been in for him past or present ,

I feel your pain ! UTV !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Imagine how cringe it is going to be when he describes how much of a dream of his it was to play at Man City as a kid… 

I doubt he's going to say that. He'll just blabber on about playing with KDB and for Pep. But I'm sure people will also press him on his former Man U vs Man C tweets.

Â