The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Last dregs of the relegation team and poisonous Randy Lerner era. A new start. 

Yes mate agree.

Aston villa had the scenario when Jack's dodgy shins caused him to miss a fair few games we struggled but knew he would be back at some point.

Jack leaving results in zero return we go our way forward imo the lifelong fan jack said he is has got off the wrong stop along this journey but if he is happy I know us villa fans will also once dust settles

Change is not liked in life I hate it lol but I know it seems like a disaster but this is simply a blip we will regroup rebuild and all pull together because those of us supporting ❤  this club and always will.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

WE WILL BE OK!!! 

We have made £100m from a player who cost us £0

A player who very often misses 1/3 of a season

We have owners who are seriously ambitious

We are a stronger team without Jack with the new recruits we have bought in to the team we finished last season with and we will continue to add to it.

We are still making progress! Trust the process!

I've got zero emojis left but we'll said my friend absolutely spot on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Spot on, TRO. 👏👏

We will no longer be a team where if you stop Grealish you stop Villa. Opponents will now have our front four to worry about instead. It must do the other players' heads in when Jack gets the plaudits all the time. 

I didn't really want to mention this, (but I have thought it for a while).....In fear of it sounding like sour grapes....I have some further thoughts too, but will keep my powder dry.

It might not be the dark day at B6 as much as it is with us.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Someone mentioned the possibility of Kane discussing his regrets with him, and it's absolute conjecture, but it's certainly got the ring of truth, hasn't it, and there are quite a few similarities between their career paths

Players really are bloody sensitive about their individual legacy and trophy haul these days aren’t they? Harry Kane has had several shots at league and champions league success in the last 5 years at Tottenham and he’s moaning like he’s wasted his career at small Heath. Sometimes these things don’t pan out but that’s football - there are literally hundreds of other teams trying to win the same trophies so not everybody gets to win. City can pretty much guarantee trophies so these guys trip over themselves to get on board with them forgetting what they are giving up at the clubs they claim to support. Well your Wikipedia page might be slightly longer when you retire guys but you will soon be forgotten by the city fans and you won’t be welcome back at your boyhood clubs after this. They’ll be no statues built for you.

Unless it’s all about the money afterall in which case congrats, you have gone from being very very rich to very very very rich.

• Like 2

Right, after seven or eight all inclusive lagers and trying to drown the Small Heath fan during Water Polo, I feel a lot better now 😇

What will be, will be. Feel a lot better at Grealish going than I did Barry, Milner and Delph. We’re in a much, much better place. 

• Like 1

I'm quite relieved now, if I'm honest. Even if this hadn't happened this preseason, it was only going to be another year of the press talking him away and then him inevitably leaving next year. Don't get me wrong, the timing stinks and maybe with him staying and us getting a better finish next season then we'd be able to attract even better players and, who knows, maybe he'd buy into the vision after all.

What this does, though, is finally gives us an opportunity to shake off the "one man team" shackles and maybe build a squad that doesn't look devoid of creativity if we lose one player to injury. The signings of Buendia and Bailey are certainly a good start. We may well get fleeced by every club that we try to negotiate with now that we've just pocketed £100m, but if we play it smart we could we be stronger without him.

And, let's be honest, Jack's shins could give out in the first game of season and then could have been cursing not taking £100m when we had the chance.

Silver linings and all that. It's still the same Villa that we all love. We could have the next Grealish in our academy right now, and in a few years, maybe we'll be competing for Europe more regularly so that they'll want to stay and be part of the full story here.

UTV

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Players really are bloody sensitive about their individual legacy and trophy haul these days aren’t they? Harry Kane has had several shots at league and champions league success in the last 5 years at Tottenham and he’s moaning like he’s wasted his career at small Heath. Sometimes these things don’t pan out but that’s football - there are literally hundreds of other teams trying to win the same trophies so not everybody gets to win. City can pretty much guarantee trophies so these guys trip over themselves to get on board with them forgetting what they are giving up at the clubs they claim to support. Well your Wikipedia page might be slightly longer when you retire guys but you will soon be forgotten by the city fans and you won’t be welcome back at your boyhood clubs after this. They’ll be no statues built for you.

Unless it’s all about the money afterall in which case congrats, you have gone from being very very rich to very very very rich.

Was it Ollie McBurnie who was in the crowd at a Cardiff game or some other team? Shame because at a different time you’d love to see a Man City Grealish in amongst us but that’s only if he’d left 3 years ago. Now, well . . . 

Â