The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

That the bids been accepted?! 

Mate, you and Nick have gone so far with the optimism that you now can't see clearly. 

It's done. Its over. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Confused 1

I’m just looking forward to a summer where we aren’t dealing with these type of Sagas..

Management should take inspiration from Leicester on how they dealt with big losses and still competed.

I hope this sale will result in a shrewd investment in our squad so we can challenge the top 6.

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well, technically no one has said it's been accepted. Just that's its in the final stages and about to be completed.

Is this not the same thing? If its in the final stages and about to be completed then quite clearly we've accepted a bid. 

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I agree. I can't for the life of me understand why he's at training with Villa. Unless of course it was just to say goodbye. It would be helpful if Robbie posted edited photos to prove he's actually there so we can see if it's actually training or just street clothes.

Upload failed message. Training gear. Photo taken at 13:01 today.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Is this not the same thing? If its in the final stages and about to be completed then quite clearly we've accepted a bid. 

Well no, if they're still figuring things out then technically it's not "accepted." It's going to be accepted but to argue semantics. No that's technically not what it means.

Can't stand those disrespectful pricks on Talkshite at the moment.  Basically we shouldn't give Jack or City any s### for this move happening.  We're never going to win anything whilst Jack's playing.  Kinda hope the walls come tumbling down soon or the ESL gets moving again. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

Jack is one player Brin, no matter how good he is he can be stopped and we seen that.....We have played everything through Jack, that has been the format, because thats the way we felt was right and thats the way Jack wanted it, too..."The King is dead, long live the King"

I believe we will be a better team, if we spend the money right.

Dean has an opportunity now to make us in to a more rounded team....with the right acquistions and the right set up.

NSWE are the real Saviours.

As I have said several times to various people today, I hope you are right.

At present there is no objective evidence that the squad or manager know how to win that many games in the premier league without Jack.

Also, if you are now trying to create a narrative that we will be a better side without Jack, what will be the position if he decides to stay (as I hope he will)?

Edited by briny_ear

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Even if he stayed he wouldn’t have been the same. He would also be wondering what if….

Yeah, I think once it's got to this stage, he's gotta go.

27 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I still think we are too nice. If there was no release clause we should have turned down City's opening offer, sod the Gentlemen's agreement.

Is it gentlemanly to sign a 5 year contract and then basically plan to leave less than 12 months in signing it? No way would Levy do this so .Quite possibly Kane could still be at Spurs  after August even though he has publicly downed tools and stated he wants to leave.

I think there is more to this than meets the eye.

Its not that we are too nice, I think its something like, we lost the will to keep fighting to keep him and £100 mill seemed an attractive compensation to rebuild the project.....Another season, and another bout of shinsplints and that money is gone up in smoke.

They might, just might prove to be prudent.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dubbs said:

Can't stand those disrespectful pricks on Talkshite at the moment.  Basically we shouldn't give Jack or City any s### for this move happening.  We're never going to win anything whilst Jack's playing.  Kinda hope the walls come tumbling down soon or the ESL gets moving again. 

I really hope we do win something (anything) this season and, for whatever reason, City win nowt.

That'll learn him.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I don't understand why people keep saying this. Do people really believe within at least 5 years from now we can't realistically be competing for something? maybe not the league title but heck, Villareal just won the Europa league. It's not like they're a Man City.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

Gonna be interesting for Jack I think. For some reason it reminds me a bit of when Lewis Hamilton left McLaren... someone who had basically been there since a kid and grown up there. 

I think Hamilton spoke about needing to challenge himself, to get out of a comfort zone where everything was just too familiar - maybe it is the same as Jack.

I cannot think of a player as indelibly linked to a club in the Premier League as Jack Grealish is with Villa... don't forget who started this entire thread. 

So from his perspective you have to see it as a brave move in some respects - he wants to push on and I understand that.

I know this leaves a bitter taste... but just think we could have let him go to Spurs for Josh Onomoah and a bag of crisps. 

Â